The Duke and Duchess of Kent News and Events 1: October 2003- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke of Kent suffered a royal clanger at Wycombe Leisure Centre yesterday as the plaque he was unveiling clattered to the ground.

The grand reveal of the plaque, which reads “Wycombe Leisure Centre opened by HRH The Duke of Kent KG, 2 March 2016” was momentarily interrupted as the easel the plaque was displayed on crashed to the floor.

The mishap occurred when the royal quickly tried to pull off the sheet covering the commemorative metal plate, leaving him looking stunned.
PICTURES: Duke of Kent suffers royal clanger as plaque crashes to ground during unveiling at Wycombe Lesiure Centre (From )

Yet, it add a bit of excitement when something goes wrong. Prince Philip is known to love it when it happens.

Interestingly the CC has the Duke of Kent representing both The Queen AND the Duchess of Kent even though she attended in person:

The Queen was represented by The Duke of Kent at the Memorial Service for the Earl of Erne (formerly Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of County Fermanagh) which was held in St. Macartin's Cathedral, Enniskillen, this afternoon. The Duke of Edinburgh was represented by the Duchess of Abercorn. The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were represented by the Earl of Caledon. The Duke of York was represented by the Viscount Brookeborough. The Princess Royal was represented by Leonora, Countess of Lichfield. The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were represented by Mr. William Montgomery. The Duchess of Kent was also represented by The Duke of Kent. Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy was represented by the Lady Moyra Campbell.

The duchess didn't attend this service.

Hmmm... the impression I got from the article was she was there. Perhaps I misunderstood. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last :lol:

Hmmm... the impression I got from the article was she was there. Perhaps I misunderstood. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last :lol:
from the article:
"... His Royal Highness The Duke of Kent, who represented Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Kent. "

It'll be good to see her. We missed her during The Queen's birthday celebrations.

The Duchess looks lovely; I'm surprised to see her out and about as I haven't for some years.

I guess we now know why we didn't see Her Royal Highness during The Queen's Birthday celebrations. She was recovering from a broken collarbone, due to a fall.

I too hope she fully recover and feel better, YRH.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Duchess is looking lovely and kind as ever.

It says so much about her that she gave that little girl a flower from her bouquet - always gracious, always kind, always classy.

At 83, every health setback is serious so I hope her collarbone fracture heals completely. She is a glorious example of a lifetime in the Royal Family with style and grace.

Stylish classy royal :flowers: That little posy would likely mean so much to the girl. All good thoughts on quick recovery.

Here are some more pictures (I think, I'm not sure how to get individual photos from a gallery to post. Maybe a moderator could do it?)

Right royal day for 150th Ryedale Show (From Gazette & Herald)

I guess as the day went on her injury began to bother her, in some pictures she is wearing a sling for her left arm.

The Duke of Kent to visit Canada

This September the Lorne Scots will celebrate 150 years of service in the Canadian Army, an honour few military units in Canada can boast.

The Regimental Reunion, taking place September 23-25 2016, will begin with a Friday night Meet-and-Greet at the original Georgetown Armoury; Saturday the Regiment will march in a parade to commemorate the anniversary with His Royal Highness Prince Edward the Duke of Kent and many more VIPs; Saturday night the Regimental Association will pull out all the stops to host an all-inclusive 150th Gala with dinner drinks and entertainment provided; and throughout the weekend His Royal Highness will unveil monuments dedicated to the Lorne Scots in Brampton, Oakville and Georgetown.

With no government funding provided, the Association is asking our supporters in the community to help contribute to the weekend honouring our soldiers of past and present. Our goal is to raise $75,000.
Read more: Regimental 150th Anniversary Gala | The Lorne Scots Regimental Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom