The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all these updates on the Gloucesters, Iceflower. I really admire this couple's work ethic and diligence to their charities and may I say that it's absolutely fabulous to see Joanna Lumley at the Speedo Charity Swim event. ;)

You are most welcome, Baroness of Books :flowers:

On December 3 the Duchess of Gloucester as Patron of The Lullaby Trust attended a reception to mark the 25th anniversary of the Care of the Next Infant Programme at St. James's Palace.

** Pic ** lullabytrust.org.uk article **

On the brown jacket in the two pics above she seems to be wearing brooch of the letter r and b in gold. Took me a minute to work out that they are the initials of her and Richard. How sweet

Isn't she also wearing her Order of St. John in the picture from Rome?

I dont know. here is a better picture

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Richard+Inauguration+Mass+Pope+Francis+C2QyBzWDRn_l.jpg

Definitely white cross and ribbon of RVO; plus family order. I thought it was a crucifix at her neck

This is the insignia of St John

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Badge_-_Member.JPG/150px-Badge_-_Member.JPG

She is also wearing a large star - not sure what that is.

yes - that could be.

This might just be one of my favorite photos of them. I admit, I'd like to meet this Pope too. He's certainly willing to stir the pot!

yes - that could be.

This might just be one of my favorite photos of them. I admit, I'd like to meet this Pope too. He's certainly willing to stir the pot!

The cross on the blue and red ribbon is definitely the RVO so what do you think is the St John decoration?

The cross on the blue and red ribbon is definitely the RVO so what do you think is the St John decoration?
There is something below the RVO - hard to discern - but possible St. John.

She is wearing a large star (looks similar to Garter Star but it isnt) - maybe that's it.

I think these 2 are so underrated. The public aren't really aware of them which may be how they like it. They seem so calming and quiet. I'd love to meet them.

The Duchess' star is also of the Royal Victorian Order.

Edit: She's wearing something else right next to the Royal Victorian Order badge. The ribbon looks like it's maroon/purple with a white stripe in the center. It looks too purple to be the Order of St John's service medal. Update again: I found a bigger picture and it's the Diamond Jubilee medal.

Last edited:

The Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association attends the Davis Cup in San Diego, California, from January 31st till February 2nd. Here's a pic from yesterday:

** Pic **

The Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association attends the Davis Cup in San Diego, California, from January 31st till February 2nd. Here's a pic from yesterday:

** Pic **
The Duchess and the sweaty boys! LOL - nice and I envy her. San Diego has been in the low 60s - hence the scarf!

:previous:

You're surely not the only one ;)

On January 30 the Duke of Gloucester has been in Germany. As Deputy Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Logistic Corps he inspected the 24 Regiment Disbandment Parade at Catterick Barracks in Bielefeld.

** Pic **

** Pic **

The Duchess loves her tennis and is great in her role with the LTA - im sure she will be in Italy in April for the 1/4 final playoffs.

I really like Prince Richard. He took on his royal duties without complaint, even though I am sure deep down he did not want to do any. He would have happily lived his life out as an architect and lived a much quieter life. He and his wife do so much for the Queen that goes unrecognised, but I think they prefer that. Richard has always come across to me as quite a shy individual, but that is what makes his character that much more endearing I think.

I really admire the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and their entire family as well. All are quiet, unassuming, hardworking and seemingly humble. You never hear of them and they never seek out the limelight. Daughter in law works quietly as a pediatrician, among other younger members of the family.

From the Court Circular

Kensington Palace
6th March, 2014
The Duke of Gloucester, Royal Patron, the British Museum, and The Duchess of Gloucester this evening attended the opening of an Exhibition entitled “Vikings - Life and Legend”, followed by a Dinner at the British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1.

I really admire the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and their entire family as well. All are quiet, unassuming, hardworking and seemingly humble. You never hear of them and they never seek out the limelight. Daughter in law works quietly as a pediatrician, among other younger members of the family.

The Gloucesters are really an admirable couple for those aforementioned qualities, and I confess I have a soft spot for the Duke since Richard III also was Duke of Gloucester and the current Duke Richard is a patron of the Richard III Society.

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester 2: Jan 2006-

The Gloucesters are really an admirable couple for those aforementioned qualities, and I confess I have a soft spot for the Duke since Richard III also was Duke of Gloucester and the current Duke Richard is a patron of the Richard III Society.

I bet the whole "staying out of the limelight" thing is really just an act and this Duke of Gloucester has spent his life plotting, waiting for the perfect opportunity to follow in his namesake's shoes and seize the throne.

Ah, yes, I can just envision the mild-mannered bespectacled Duke taking a page from his predecessor's book and tossing all the rightful claimants to the throne into the Tower.:ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom