The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 29.4.2008

The Duke of Gloucester visited St Michael's Hospice as part of
its 21st birthday celebrations to launch a fundraising appeal,
29 April, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And he visited the Pestalozzi International Village Trust as part of
his tour of the Hastings and Battle area that same day.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

We'll happily keep them if you'll send a cheque...

Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, is a good, kind, hard-working man whose dedication to altruistic public service is unquestionable.

Prince Richard, Duke of Glouceter, does everything in his remit to save his cousin, Her Majesty, unnecessary grief and strife and tedious work.

Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, is a kind, tolerant, and understanding and loving father.

Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, is an adornment to the British Royal Family and credit to his nation.

the GB davis cup tennis world group playoff against Austria is to be at No1 Court Wimbledon between 19-21 Sept 08 so i assume the duchess will attend like she did in february and also last sept at the same venue

Pics 15.6.2008

HRH Duchess of Gloucester after Rafael Nadal of Spain won the
Men's Singles Final match against Novak Djokovic of Serbia on
Day 7 of the Artois Championships at Queen's Club on June 15,
2008 in London, England.

She looked very good.. :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Duke and the Duchess are going to represent the Queen at the Coronation of King George Tupou V of Tonga on Friday 1st August.

The Queen's pictures look so pretty - what is the insigniture she is wearing looks a bit odd on a mac

Doesn't she look terrific? Love the longer hair - still has a great figure! She looks better and better as she gets older -

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the insigniture she is wearing?
The Duchess of Gloucester is a Dame Grand Cross of the Order of St John of Jerusalem and she is wearing the badge of the Order.
Further information from Wikipedia here.

Pics 2.7.2008

In honour of those associated with Lloyd's who lost their lives in the
Great War and the Second World War, a new War Memorial is unveiled
at 1 Lime Street on 2 July 2008. Lloyd's Chairman Lord Levene, His Royal
Highness the Duke of Gloucester and the Bishop of London officiate the
unveiling.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

^Oh yeah so the Gloucesters were the ones to represent HM at the coronation in Tonga

Pic 19.9.2008

The Duchess of Gloucester and Stuart Smith of the LTA sing the
national anthem before action on day one of the Davis Cup World
Group Playoff tie between Great Britain and Austria at Wimbledon,
the AELTC on September 19, 2008 in Wimbledon, England.

-----> Pic

Great to see the Duchess there again this year supporting the tennis - did she go all 3 days?

Great to see the Duchess there again this year supporting the tennis - did she go all 3 days?
Yes she did go all the 3 days. It is according to the Court Circular on the British Monarchy Website. But i think the press might be focused on the players more rather than the Duchess.

Nice man ! good going so considering how far down in the Line of Succession he is and his age would we ever see a King Richard IV and Queen Bridgette?

The Gloucesters have always been a classy act --- very private and unassuming, yet extremely supportive of the Queen. No scandal, no gossip - the Duke gave up a very promising career in architecture when his elder brother was killed.

The Duke always reminds me of the generation that came before the present Queen. He has a certain "old school" quality about him. I like this couple as well.:flowers:

The Gloucesters have always been a classy act --- very private and unassuming, yet extremely supportive of the Queen. No scandal, no gossip - the Duke gave up a very promising career in architecture when his elder brother was killed.

The Duke always reminds me of the generation that came before the present Queen. He has a certain "old school" quality about him. I like this couple as well.:flowers:

ITA, one doesn't see the couple, neither their daughters in the tabloids. It's a lovely family:flowers:

Thankyou for video of Duchess of Gloucester in Iraq. Absolutely wonderful to see. I hope the soldiers got as big a boost from her visit.

The Duchess of Gloucester meets the Great Britain team before day one of the Davis Cup Euro/Africa Zone Group One tie between Great Britain and Ukraine at the Braehead Arena on March 6, 2009 in Glasgow, Scotland.
Pic

Fantastic to see the Duchess supporting the GB team in the tennis - she adores the sport

Pic 7.3.2009

The Duchess of Gloucester watches day 2 of the Davis
Cup Euro/Africa Zone Group One tie between Great Britain
and the Ukraine at the Braehead Arena on March 7, 2009
in Glasgow, Scotland.

----> Pic

There's something about that picture that puts me in mind of Spain's Queen Sophia: perhaps it's the blonde hair and the serious expression.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
She had good reason to be serious as GB lost thus loosing the tie before it even went into the reverse singles on day 3!!!

Pic 21.5.2009

The Duchess of Gloucester attends a service at the Southwark
Cathedral for the Children's Trust's 25th anniversary, London,
May 21, 2009.

-----> Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom