The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Dane I don’t know if HRH the Duchess understands the finnish language which is not an "indo européenne*» language ?

It is not out of topic , of course the Duchess as Dane speaks Danish , but does she understand the Finnish language?

Finnish is a totally different language than danish, swedish or norwegian. There is nothing similar in finnish when compared to danish, swedish or norwegian.

Finnish is a totally different language than danish, swedish or norwegian. There is nothing similar in finnish when compared to danish, swedish or norwegian.

Lady Finn: Do you know if the Duke or Duchess speak any Finnish? Has there been any Press coverage there about this?

Lady Finn: Do you know if the Duke or Duchess speak any Finnish? Has there been any Press coverage there about this?

There has been quite a little press coverage about the visit. And it hasn't been mentioned that the duchess would speak finnish. Why do you think so? Is it common that danish people learn finnish?
We Finns learn swedish, because it is our second official language. But very few finnish people speak danish.

I often wonder what the Duchess of Gloucester actually sound like? because I don't think I have ever heard her voice before.

On October 3, the Duke of Gloucester has visited Avon Meadows Community Wetland, Pershore; Roundabout, Blackminster, Evesham, Worcestershire; Kanes Food Limited, Middle Littleton, Evesham and Pebworth Fire Station, Pebworth, Worcestershire.

** eveshamobserver.co.uk: Duke of Gloucester tours the Vale **

** eveshamjournal.co.uk: Wetlands visited by the Duke gets grant **

** eveshamjournal.co.uk: Vale gives distinguished visitor a warm welcome **

** eveshamjournal.co.uk: Duke of Gloucester helps create our greener future **

From November 26 - 27, 2012 the Duke of Gloucester has been in South Africa. As Grand Prior of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem he attended several events in Cape Town and installed Desmond Tutu as Prior for South Africa in St. George's Cathedral.

** Pic **

Really busy couple lately thanks alot for the posts I love the Gloucesters

You are most welcome, bertie5252003! And they are even busier as most of their engagements are not covered..

Yesterday, December 10, the Duchess of Gloucester as Patron of Missing People attended the Missing People Carol Service at St-Martin-In-The-Fields in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages **

On December 12, the Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) attended the LTA's 2012 annual general meeting and presented meritorious service awards to volunteers in recognition of their contribution to tennis, at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.

** Pic **

He looks like he's had the flu and got caught in the wind. Kind of pale and disheveled.:ermm:

He looks like he's had the flu and got caught in the wind. Kind of pale and disheveled.:ermm:
He always has the tousled look. Look like he just remembered he had to be somewhere and just ran out the door.

He is one of my favorites. Hardworking and always genuine and friendly.

He does look somewhat rumpled, doesn't he? Almost like an absentminded professor.

The Duke of Gloucester visited Worcestershire on March 12 to open the Peirson Study and Guidance Centre at St. John's Campus, the University of Worcester and to unveil the Walenty Pytel Sculpture (the Buzzards Statue) to celebrate HM's Diamond Jubilee in Rosebank Gardens, Malvern.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** worcesterstandard.co.uk: Duke opens new centre **

** The Duke Of Gloucester visit to the University Of Worcester 12/03/2013 **

** worcester.ac.uk: HRH The Duke of Gloucester Opens University Study and Guidance Centre **

** worcesternews.co.uk: Duke of Gloucester gives Worcestershire landmarks royal approval **

I really appreciate the work done by the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester..
But, on a lighter note, I long to see an event,which the Duke attends,that draws atleast 10 people..:bang:

Would you bother to take the off work to see the Duke Of Gloucester? The Duchess? On a cold, rainy day?

I am asking sincerely, because I wonder how many of us would take the time. Would you keep your kids out of school to see them pull a cord on some draped plaque in a facility that has been open a year, waiting for some royal to come and make a visit?

I would, but more because I think their work needs to be honored than because I think a lot of the appearances that make are very appealing.
What would you do?

Hey..I didnt even think that much, I just passed off a casual remark..:flowers:.
Just in a lighter vein. I always notice in Duke of Gloucester's events, since I saw in in The Monarchy at Work documentary. He was going on a train, then walking on a footpath, accompanied by just 1 aide. The he unveiled some plaque, with exactly 4 people around him..This amused me, actuallt felt sorry for him..:ohmy:
I do not have any idea how/who organises all these events and all..:)

I really appreciate the work done by the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester..
But, on a lighter note, I long to see an event,which the Duke attends,that draws atleast 10 people..:bang:

Perhaps when Richard III is buried in whatever location is chosen, the Duke will attend. King Richard was Duke of Gloucester before king and the Duke is a patron of the Richard III Society, so more than likely he will appear at the service which I'm sure will attract more than 10 people due to the high coverage there's been in the media.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom