The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally the Duchess was present today to present the trophy at the Aegon Queenc Club championship - i was quite surprised to see Andy Murray bow to her as i didnt think he would be the type of person to do that

Pics 14.6.2009

Here are some pics:

HRH The Duchess of Gloucester, Honorary President the Lawn Tennis
Association and Patron Queen's Club, presents the trophy during the
Singles Final on Day 7 of the AEGON Championship at Queens Club on
June 14, 2009 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Pic 22.6.2009

The Duke of Gloucester officially opened a Castle Museum
complex of the Clitheroe Castle in Lancashire, June 22, 2009

----> Pic

Pic 5.7.2009

The Duchess of Gloucester watches Roger Federer (SUI)
win his 15th Grand Slam 16-14 in 5th set, The Championships
Wimbledon 2009 Day 13, July 5, 2009.

-----> Pic

Does he or any member of the Royal Support Spina Bifida Research?

Does he or any member of the Royal Support Spina Bifida Research?
I believe the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are Patrons for the Association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (ASBAH):flowers:

Pics 6.8.2009

HRH Birgitte Duchess of Gloucester attends the funeral of
WW1 veteran Harry Patch at Wells Cathedral on August 6,
2009 in Wells, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks iceflower, but pics 3 & 4, are not from the same event yesterday. They are pictures at the funeral of the WWI Veteran Henry Allingham which the Duchess attended on 30th July.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic 22.9.2009

I'm sorry for the mistake, you are of course right about
that, HMQueenElizabethII, I should have noticed the
differing weather ;) and clothes!

Last night the Duchess attended a concert:

Duchess of Gloucester attending a concert by Elton John
and Ray Cooper at the Royal Albert Hall in London, Sept.
22, 2009:

----> Pic

Pics 7.10.2009

Fellow member HMQueenElizabethII has kindly sent me the
following link with pics of the Duchess of Gloucester and
asked me to add them here.

On October 7 the Duchess officially opened Addington School:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The article link contains many more wonderful pics, just click
on the gallery link below the picture:

** Duchess so proud to open Addington School **

One thing I like about the Duchess is how well she's adapted to a role that she never expected to have. After all, she thought that she'd be married to a well-born architect, not a Royal Duke!:flowers:

She really expected to be married to a royal architect who would do some minor royal duties as the cousin of the monarch not just a well-born one but one with HRH since birth as a male-line grandson of a monarch and the first cousin of the existing monarch who didn't have all that many relatives available at the time of her marriage.

Well, yes. I thought that I should have put in the HRH after I posted but let it go since it was late at night. No doubt she did expect occasional royal duties, but she didn't anticipate being The Duchess of Gloucester. :flowers:

The Duchess is scheduled to attend the APT Tour Masters Finals at the O2 Arena on Tuesday 24th November - im going that day so hopefully i will be able to get a few pictures of the Duchess at the tennis

Thanks for the latest pictures of Birgitte!! This woman is such an elegant and simply nice appearence and she does her job well.

I just read the memories of Alice, Duchess of Gloucester does anyone know if anything has been written about the current Duke or Duchess. She is definitely one of my favorites.

No, but HRH has written two books on architecture

They are a bit dated now, but you may be able to find copies in a library or used on Amazon. I last looked at them in the 80s.

Congratulations to the whole family!
That´s a royal baby boom.

I believe that the Earl of Ulster's child will be Lord or Lady ..... Windsor. Lady Davina's and Lady Rose's children will have no titles at all.
Thinking about it - I believe a boy (a younger son of an earl) will only be the Honorable but the daughter would be a Lady. That's inequality for you!

This is great news for Claire. Davina and Rose all to be expecting within a month of each other. The Gloucetser clan are favourites of mine cause they dont court the limelight and carry out their lives discreetly.

In regards to titles neither Davina or Rose's children will bear any title but the Earl of Ulster's children are styled Lord or Lady ( following the example of the Duke and Duchess of Kents grandchildren ie Lady Helen's four children carry not title simply Master/Miss X Taylor but the Earl and Countess of St Andrews's children are Lord Downpatrick and Lady X Windsor)

Davina of course is already step-mother to Gary's son Ari Lewis who is 17/18

Last edited:
If the EOU has another son he will be the Hon. Master whatever.

How wonderful and coincidental. :flowers:

This is terrific news! Also isn't it a first child for both girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom