The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

How long has the Duchess of Gloucester been an Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association?

For clarity. The Lawn Tennis Association is the governing body for British tennis It provides essential information on playing, coaching and watching tennis in the UK.

This shouldn't be confused with The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club , also known as the All-England Club, It is a private members' club and is best known as the venue for the Wimbledon Championships. The Queen is Patron and the Duke of Kent is President.

Going back through the engagements in 2000 she was Honorary President at least that far back and probably even longer. In that role she regularly attends not only Wimbledon but the Davis Cup matches and also Queen's - she presented the winner's trophy there in the early 2000s - can't remember if was every year I have done so far or not but certainly on more than one occasion of the four years I have done covering that event (hope to have the figures for 2003 available later today but it is taking about 10 hours per year).

For clarity. The Lawn Tennis Association is the governing body for British tennis It provides essential information on playing, coaching and watching tennis in the UK.

This shouldn't be confused with The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club , also known as the All-England Club, It is a private members' club and is best known as the venue for the Wimbledon Championships. The Queen is Patron and the Duke of Kent is President.

RoyalDaisy, Thank you for the clarification between The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club and The Lawn Tennis Association.

On May 20 the Duke of Gloucester opened the new building at Thetford Academy in Thetford, he opened the Winterton Unit at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in Norwich and he visited Wymondham High Academy in Wymondham as well as St. Stephen's Church in Norwich.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** mustardtv.co.uk video: Duke of Gloucester opens new hospital unit **

** networknorwich.co.uk: Royal visitor sees transformed Norwich church **

** edp24.co.uk: Photo gallery: Royal visitor opens new cancer treatment centre at N&N **

** edp24.co.uk: Photo Gallery: Duke of Gloucester wowed by Thetford Academy as he officially opens new £18m building **

** wymondhamandattleboroughmercury.co.uk: Photo gallery: Wymondham High Academy gets a royal visit to mark 75th anniversary **

How significant that Porthleven had its first royal visit.
I like the fact that some people of Porthleven were able to speak with Richard and Birgitte.

I so admire this low-key, hard-working couple and I'm sure both towns were delighted to receive the Gloucesters. Thank you for all the links, Iceflower.

On June 11 the Duchess of Gloucester as Patron of the Papworth Trust opened Cilthriew Kerry Farm, Cilthriew, Kerry, as Commandant-in-Chief of St. John Ambulance in Wales she opened the renovated Barry Island Lifeguard Station, Barry, and as Patron of the Bobath Children's Therapy Centre Wales she attended the Three Centre Management Meeting at Bobath Children's Therapy Centre Wales, Whitchurch, Cardiff.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** shropshirestar.com: Duchess opens respite breaks farm **

** barryanddistrictnews.co.uk: Duchess gets impression of Barry Island life **

On July 2nd the Duchess of Gloucester as Patron attended the Friends of St. Paul's Cathedral annual Festival Service at St. Paul's Cathedral:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Friends of St. Paul's Cathedral gallery **

In Picture 3, I like the choir boy (chorister) shaking hands with the Duchess.
His choir robe is unique.
It reminds me of when we boys were altar boys in grade school.
Our albs looked like choir robes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom