The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke & Duchess will represent the Queen at the inauguration ceremony for the new Pope.

Details

The Duchess of Gloucester as Liveryman of The Worshipful Company of Fan Makers received a fan for Queen Elizabeth from representatives of the Worshipful Company of Fanmakers at Kensington Palace on March 21, 2013.

** Pic **

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick, you say he looks awful. He looks like a typical gent in his late sixties to me.
He's always attractive to me, though, because they broke the mold when they made him.
Not the dreamboat like his brother William, who died at thirty, just a month after Richard's wedding to Birgitta. Not a sinister fop like some of the lesser (very lesser) nobility of Europe. Just a guy who was supposed to be an architect and suddenly became the Duke of Gloucester, with all the responsibilities of paying for that estate. He got married at a small country church, although many members of the RF were present, including Prince Charles and Princess Margaret. He had three attractive children. His is THE fairytale life of the royals to me, although there must be a few more of somewhat lesser known folks...maybe George, son of the Duke of Kent, who leads a quiet family life in Cambridge, with his children the stars in his crown? Well, he wouldn't recognize me as anybody, so why do I like him? Because he seems to be a hardworking decent man, with a sense of panache nevertheless, and a very attractive wife even in her sixties. He's what royalty ought to be if it's worth its salt.

Ohh.enough of his personality-assessment..
I respect him only because he has got the hottest-royal ever as his son..:flowers::lol:. I would do anything to become the mistress..(of son, not dad..);):p

Ohh.enough of his personality-assessment..
I respect him only because he has got the hottest-royal ever as his son..:flowers::lol:. I would do anything to become the mistress..(of son, not dad..);):p

You respect a guy because his son is good looking? LOL!

The Duke and Duchess are two of my favourite British royals - they arr so hard working for the Queen and lead simple quiet lives out of the spotlight without scandal. I'm sure the Queen is grateful to have them and their discretion. The Duchess is always so elegant and very royal like on engagements. Their children and grandchildren seem so grounded and lead their own lives and careers. I remember seeing the Duchess at various tennis matches ive attended at wimbledon - she was so lovely and gracious

Patrick, you say he looks awful. He looks like a typical gent in his late sixties to me.
He's always attractive to me, though, because they broke the mold when they made him.
Not the dreamboat like his brother William, who died at thirty, just a month after Richard's wedding to Birgitta. Not a sinister fop like some of the lesser (very lesser) nobility of Europe. Just a guy who was supposed to be an architect and suddenly became the Duke of Gloucester, with all the responsibilities of paying for that estate. He got married at a small country church, although many members of the RF were present, including Prince Charles and Princess Margaret. He had three attractive children. His is THE fairytale life of the royals to me, although there must be a few more of somewhat lesser known folks...maybe George, son of the Duke of Kent, who leads a quiet family life in Cambridge, with his children the stars in his crown? Well, he wouldn't recognize me as anybody, so why do I like him? Because he seems to be a hardworking decent man, with a sense of panache nevertheless, and a very attractive wife even in her sixties. He's what royalty ought to be if it's worth its salt.

Hear, hear....wonderful sentiments in your comment.:flowers:

I cant find Patrick's post but I feel that I'm not missing out

Thank you Mariel for a great post which sums up my feelings for these 2. Not only pressed into royal duties unexpectedly, but in sorrow at the loss of a brother. And also to take up the burden of running an estate/household as cash disappeared. These are not wealthy royals, but royals who had to struggle to pay death duties, rent out their home and still do their duty. Good for them.

Young people waiting to meet the Duke! Excellent. :flowers:

She's just a lovely woman!

Last edited by a moderator:

On May 14 the Duchess of Gloucester visited Hertfordshire to open the Activities, Recreation and College at St. Elizabeth’s Centre in Much Hadham and to visit Haileybury School in Hertford.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** mayorofhertford.com: Visit by the Duchess of Gloucester to Haileybury **

** hertfordshiremercury.co.uk: Royal visitor opens new £2.3m centre at St Elizabeth's **

** hertfordshiremercury.co.uk: HRH Duchess of Gloucester visits Haileybury College in Hertford Heath and Perry Green's... **

The Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association and in support of The Tennis Foundation toured the facilities and attended The Championships at Edgbaston Priory Club, Birmingham, yesterday, June 11, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

On May 29 - also as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association - she had attended the opening of tennis courts at Bruce Castle Park:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** pavilionbcp.co.uk: Official Opening With A Royal Seal Of Approval **

** tottenhamjournal.co.uk: Royal seal of approval for Haringey’s redeveloped tennis facilities **

It's so nice to see the Duchess out and around; she's one of those royals who quietly goes about getting the job done unobtrusively. She's a lovely, elegant woman as well. Thanks for all the photos and updates, Iceflower!

On July 2nd the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester with their household staff visited Tottenham Scout Headquarters in Bruce Grove and helped with some renovation and embellishment work. A great idea!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gln-scouts.org.uk: Royal makeover for Tottenham Scout Centre **

** thisislocallondon.co.uk: Tottenham Scout headquarters gets royal visit from the The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester **

Including the staff makes this a special effort, I think. Nicely done.

This is really a great cause. Kudos to the Duke and Duchess, their staff and to the Scouts for this endeavor.

I agree, it's very good to see them making this visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom