The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will the Duchess of Glouchester be attending the Davis Cup matches at Wimbledon between 21st September - 23 September 2007

i did not notice it on her official engagements but wondered because of her role within the LTA and the fact it will be Tim Henman's last ever match playing tennis thought she would attendin either in an official or private role

YES! The Court Circular dated today announces that yesterday she attended the Davis Cup match between Britain and Croatia at Wimbledon.
Today she visited the Wimbledon Kids Zone. --> Lawn Tennis Association Royal visit for Davis Cup Play Tennis Zone
Other news:
The Duchess of Gloucester opens Knighton Indoor Centre 18 September 2007
LTA salutes British tennis legends 19 September 2007
On Wednesday, the Duchess attended an official Davis Cup dinner and presented awards to Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski. (See third link).

Last edited:
i attended the davis cup at wimbledon on the friday and saturday
the duchess was beautiful and very elegant it is hard to believe that she is 60

during the event the duchess was sitting two blocks of seats away from me and the seats were exactly the same as everyone else was sitting on only on the second day did they get her the hired cushions!!!

i got fab pics of her especially when she turned a gave us a big smile because we waved to her and said ma'am. on the second day after the tennis had finished at about 5pm she was walking about the grounds at henman hill with only her bodyguard and her lady-in-waiting and a few LTA officials and some people who didnt recognised bumped into her.

she is a totally normal person getting excited when the tennis was going GB's way and all tense when it wasnt. it is so nice to see the "older" royals joining in with the people but i couldnt imagne the queen behaving like this

i got fab pics of her especially when she turned a gave us a big smile because we waved to her and said ma'am.

Feel free to post them here if you'd like to.

Sounds like a great experience all round!

im not too sure how to post pics :eek: but ive given it a try if they dont work let me know :flowers:
(these are my personal pictures from the davis cup tennis event)

Day Two (Sat) walking past me at henman hill

Day One (Fri) arriving to watch the davis cup dancers

Fri waiting for the teams to arrive

Fri meeting the teams during the parade

Fri leaving number one after parade

Fri

Last edited by a moderator:
PrincessofEurope

Great job for your fist time posting pictures. Well done. The pictures are also wonderful. Thank you. :clap:

Everything works just fine, PrincessofEurope. :)
Thank you for pictures of the Duchess, they are most wonderful! :flowers:

found another one of my pictures from the saturday showing where the Duchess was sitting behind her is the lady in waiting (i dont know her name but im sure someone on the forums could tell me) you can also see the F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone with his wife sitting a few seats up from the Duchess. he was attending because his wife is from Croatia and was there to support the Croatians

The pictures are beautiful, Princess of E. You have an awesome camera (I followed the link on imageshack to see what camera you used).
The Duchess wore her favorite pearls. Do you know what kind of pearls? She wears them almost everytime she goes out. It is hard believe she is thought of as "older royal". I mean, she looks so much younger than 60! She looks about 45 max.

Wonderful pics you've made, PrincessofEurope, thanks a lot for
sharing them with us! :)
Here's the link to an article including a little pic about an event
the Duke of Gloucester attended last Wednesday, 26 Sep 2007,
he visited the Henley Management College and opened the new
Saunderton railway station museum:

---> article link 26.9.2007

Pic 1.10.2007

A lovely new pic of the Duchess from yesterday:

Birgitte, The Duchess of Gloucester, arrives for the opening gala of the
Harman Center for the Arts, Monday, Oct. 1, 2007, in Washington. AP

---> Pic

found another one of my pictures from the saturday showing where the Duchess was sitting behind her is the lady in waiting (i dont know her name but im sure someone on the forums could tell me)

The Ladies-in-Waiting to HRH The Duchess of Gloucester are:

Mrs Michael Wigley,CVO;
Mrs Euan McCorquodale, LVO;
Mrs Howard Page, LVO

Great pictures, sorry I can't help any further in naming The Lady-in-Waiting.

A lovely new pic of the Duchess from yesterday:

Birgitte, The Duchess of Gloucester, arrives for the opening gala of the
Harman Center for the Arts, Monday, Oct. 1, 2007, in Washington. AP

---> Pic

She is always looking much younger than her years, but this pic especially makes her look about 40. That hairstyle takes about four X more years off her look than her normal look does, and that says a lot. This woman is gorgeous.

Pic 6.10.2007

Jason Lewis meets HRH the Duke of Gloucester after he finished
his human powered around the world trip at the Greenwich Meridian
in Greenwich, London, 6 October 2007 :

-----> Pic

8 November 2007: Wearing a poppy to honor Remembrance week, HRH The Duchess of Gloucester attended a cocktail party at Christie's of London. Picture from Isifa

The Duchess looks fabulous! I wish the press would pay more attention to her and Princess Alexandra of kent.

Yes, The Duchess is so beautiful and natural looking, and you have to shake you head in bewilderment that she is 60, 61 years old. Princess Alexandra is a beautiful woman too, especially when she was a young woman, so exquisite and fresh. But on the topic of The Duchess, I love how she is growing her hair long at the moment. It's a wonderful length for her face and takes years away.

....But on the topic of The Duchess, I love how she is growing her hair long at the moment. It's a wonderful length for her face and takes years away.
The Duchess absolutely looks so much younger with her new haristyle, Casiraghi!She just looks like 42 or 43 to my opinion!And also she has fairly good skin as well. This amazing lady is just carrying out elegance and true natural beauty!

The Duchess looks fabulous! I wish the press would pay more attention to her and Princess Alexandra of kent.

In that picture she has a slight resemblance to Helen Mirren. Another stunning lady of a certain age who is growing older with such beauty and grace.
:flowers:

I agree with HMQueen that The Duchess looks to be 20 years younger than she is, 45 max. I heard she still plays tennis almost everyday, some three or four times a week, time permitting.

And she has no signs of work. I mean, those Buckingham Palace HQs are not forgiving at all and you can really zoom in. I did and I can't see any of the usual signs of botox etc. Power to Her.

Interview with HRH The Duke of Gloucester

FOCUS: INTERVIEW WITH THE DUKE OF GLOUCESTER

The Duke of Gloucester has been Grand Prior of the Order of St John since 1974. Later this month, His Royal Highness will visit Jerusalem to support its work.

The Order, one of whose motto is 'PRO UTILITATE HOMINUM - In the service of humanity', cares for the sick and promotes its international ideals through its work with the St John Eye Hospital in Jerusalem and the St John Ambulance Foundation.

This month's Focus features an interview with The Duke in which he discusses the work of the Order and looks forward to his visit.

READ MORE

HRH told an interesting story about how the St John Ambulance touched his personal life as a child.
"I also remember very well when my parents were coming back from Churchill's funeral, my father crashed the car. He wasn't actually hurt, but my mother was, and the next vehicle was a busload of miners in their St Johns uniforms who were also returning from the funeral. They leapt out, and put my mother back together again."

Last edited:
Pic 13.12.2007

The Duchess of Gloucester visits the Royal Academy of Music
on December 13, 2007 in London, England. Secchi/Scoopt/Getty

You can see more pics of the event at the Queen's current
events thread :)

-----> Pic

The Duchess is wearing a gorgeous skirt at the RMA engagement. I think the jacket part of the outfit is the same as what she wore to the diamond anniversary, no? I like this outfit a lot, and it's the better for the absence of the hat she wore to the diamond service. ;)

Well, that was it for 2007! No more engagements for the Duchess this year. She is now on sabbatical, you might say, for the holidays.

:wreath: Merry Christmas :xmasbell:

........ especially to her first and only grandchild, Lord Culloden, for whom this year is First Christmas!

Last edited:
Visit of HRH The Duke of Gloucester to the Middle East

Thursday 13 December 2007
HRH The Duke of Gloucester visited Mount Nebo, the burial place of Moses, in Jordan. See picture

Friday 14 December 2007
HRH The Duke of Gloucester visited the Church of the Holy Sepulcre, Jerusalem, Israel. See picture
HRH also visited a hospital in Muriston that was run by the Order of St. John in the 12th Century. As Grand Prior of the Order of St. John, HRH was in Israel to recognize the work of the St. John Eye Hospital. See picture

Friday 14 December was Day One of the Israeli visit. HRH undertook engagements on the next two days as well. The Duchess joined him in Jerusalem on Saturday 15 December with one lady-in-waiting, Lucinda Hanbury. They undertook three mutual engagements on Sunday.

Says the Court Circular for Saturday:
The Duke of Gloucester, Grand Prior, the Order of St. John, this morning visited the St John Eye Clinic, Anapta, Palestinian Territories.
The Duchess of Gloucester this morning departed Heathrow Airport, London, for Jerusalem and was received on arrival this afternoon by Her Majesty's Consul-General to Jerusalem (His Excellency Mr Richard Makepeace).
Their Royal Highnesses this evening attended a Dinner given by Her Majesty's Consul-General at the Residence, Nashashibi Street, Jerusalem.
Miss Lucinda Hanbury is in attendance.

I posted this before (a few posts up) but in case anyone missed it, here it is again:
Interview with The Duke by Royal Insight magazine in advance of his visit to the Middle East

Last edited:
Sunday, 16 December 2007
TRH The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester visit the St. John Eye Hospital in Jerusalem.
Picture: The Duchess meeting a patient

Saturday, 15 December 2007
The Duke visited the Dome on the Rock in Jerusalem.
Picture

Source: Royal Insight Magazine/Buckingham Palace Press Office

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom