The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does look good! What is that pinned on her jacket - looks more like something to do with the event, rather than a brooch?

It is to do with the tennis event at the Queens Club - i know the Duchess is a member of the Queens Club and she herself plays tennis there and as well she is patron of the LTA so its either colours of one of those

The Duchess of Gloucester has attended the US Open (in her role as Honorary
President of the Lawn Tennis Association), on September 3rd she has met
Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada, there. Here's a pic of them:

** Pic **

Thanks, Iceflower! Lovely shot of the Duchess. To me she always appears to be such an easy-going and nice person. :)

Great to see pictures of this wonderful couple and being updated of their current duties in support of Her Majesty.

The Gloucesters are probably among my favourite British Royals. They get on with the job in hand, don't annoy people unnecessarily, don't court media attention, and generally manage to give a good impression of "the Royals".

Long may they live...

Duchess in Belgium

The Duchess of Gloucester was in Bermuda over the Remembrance weekend. And now she is off in Belgium, attending a conference organised by the Queen of the Belgians about vulnerable runaway children, attended by numerous other European royals. I'm surprised the conference hasn't received any coverage in the British press or media that I can see. Lots of photos including the Duchess here.
Photo from Reuters Pictures

The Duke of Gloucester in his role as Patron of the Heritage of London Trust,
has visited the newly restored Dissenters' Catacombs in Highgate Cemetery,
London, February 2, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

WHEN I SEE WOMEN IN THEIR 60'S LIKE THE DUCHESS OF G, I THINK, "THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO BE LIKE WHEN I GROW UP:)"

Last edited by a moderator:
WHEN I SEE WOMEN IN THEIR 60'S LIKE THE DUCHESS OF G, I THINK, "THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO BE LIKE WHEN I GROW UP:)"

Hee Hee...I'm there (in my 60s), and I'm still thinking that. Infanta Christina looks great...they all do. Paola does "fluffy" AGAIN!

The Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association
attended the Davis Cup Tie Match between Great Britain and Tunisia at the Bolton
Arena, Horwich, near Bolton, Lancashire on March 5, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I love the Gloucesters!

Its too bad we don't hear enought about them instead of the nastiness of the York scandals.

The Duchess's coat is beautiful!

The Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association
attended the Davis Cup Tie Match between Great Britain and Tunisia at the Bolton
Arena

The Duchess is a nice lady, but she should really change her hairstyle. Her coat is beautiful indeed. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Lovely.
Love the red Indian embroidered scarf that the Duchess was wearing.

There is only one word to describe her,
STUNNING!:)

She has a fab figure. Very well preserved; I wonder if she has to diet or work out?

On behalf of the Queen, the Duke and the Duchess of Gloucester have signed
the condolence book for the victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami at
the Japanese Embassy in London, 21 March 2011.

** Pic **

On March 25, the Duchess of Gloucester embarked in HMS Gloucester at Spithead
in the Solent and presented the Destroyer Effectiveness Trophy to the ship.

** Pic **

Did they attend Prince William's wedding last week at all? I couldn't find their pictures anywhere.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom