The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
yes - that could be.

This might just be one of my favorite photos of them. I admit, I'd like to meet this Pope too. He's certainly willing to stir the pot!
The cross on the blue and red ribbon is definitely the RVO so what do you think is the St John decoration?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The cross on the blue and red ribbon is definitely the RVO so what do you think is the St John decoration?
There is something below the RVO - hard to discern - but possible St. John.

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 12-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

She is wearing a large star (looks similar to Garter Star but it isnt) - maybe that's it.

I think these 2 are so underrated. The public aren't really aware of them which may be how they like it. They seem so calming and quiet. I'd love to meet them.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Moderator Emeritus

The Duchess' star is also of the Royal Victorian Order.

Edit: She's wearing something else right next to the Royal Victorian Order badge. The ribbon looks like it's maroon/purple with a white stripe in the center. It looks too purple to be the Order of St John's service medal. Update again: I found a bigger picture and it's the Diamond Jubilee medal.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
The Duchess' star is also of the Royal Victorian Order.
And I get both mixed up due to how much they look alike. Thanks for clearing things up Everyone!!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association attends the Davis Cup in San Diego, California, from January 31st till February 2nd. Here's a pic from yesterday:

** Pic **
Old 02-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association attends the Davis Cup in San Diego, California, from January 31st till February 2nd. Here's a pic from yesterday:

** Pic **
The Duchess and the sweaty boys! LOL - nice and I envy her. San Diego has been in the low 60s - hence the scarf!

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 02-03-2014, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

You're surely not the only one

On January 30 the Duke of Gloucester has been in Germany. As Deputy Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Logistic Corps he inspected the 24 Regiment Disbandment Parade at Catterick Barracks in Bielefeld.

** Pic **
Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

** Pic **

The Duchess loves her tennis and is great in her role with the LTA - im sure she will be in Italy in April for the 1/4 final playoffs.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince Richard Duke of Gloucester, a Little Known Member of the Royal Family
Prince Richard Duke of Gloucester, a Little Known Member of the Royal Family | Royal Central
Old 02-19-2014, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Ed Miliband's wife loses Court of Appeal battle to build a wind farm on Duke of Gloucester's 'unspoilt' Elizabethan estate | Mail Online
Old 02-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really like Prince Richard. He took on his royal duties without complaint, even though I am sure deep down he did not want to do any. He would have happily lived his life out as an architect and lived a much quieter life. He and his wife do so much for the Queen that goes unrecognised, but I think they prefer that. Richard has always come across to me as quite a shy individual, but that is what makes his character that much more endearing I think.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

I really admire the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and their entire family as well. All are quiet, unassuming, hardworking and seemingly humble. You never hear of them and they never seek out the limelight. Daughter in law works quietly as a pediatrician, among other younger members of the family.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

That's excellent information. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, March 5, the Duchess of Gloucester opened Gloucester House at St. John's School in Leatherhead, Surrey.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** stjohnsleatherhead.co.uk: Royal Visit **
Old 03-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

From the Court Circular

Kensington Palace
6th March, 2014
The Duke of Gloucester, Royal Patron, the British Museum, and The Duchess of Gloucester this evening attended the opening of an Exhibition entitled “Vikings - Life and Legend”, followed by a Dinner at the British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I really admire the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and their entire family as well. All are quiet, unassuming, hardworking and seemingly humble. You never hear of them and they never seek out the limelight. Daughter in law works quietly as a pediatrician, among other younger members of the family.
The Gloucesters are really an admirable couple for those aforementioned qualities, and I confess I have a soft spot for the Duke since Richard III also was Duke of Gloucester and the current Duke Richard is a patron of the Richard III Society.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester 2: Jan 2006-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
The Gloucesters are really an admirable couple for those aforementioned qualities, and I confess I have a soft spot for the Duke since Richard III also was Duke of Gloucester and the current Duke Richard is a patron of the Richard III Society.

I bet the whole "staying out of the limelight" thing is really just an act and this Duke of Gloucester has spent his life plotting, waiting for the perfect opportunity to follow in his namesake's shoes and seize the throne.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah, yes, I can just envision the mild-mannered bespectacled Duke taking a page from his predecessor's book and tossing all the rightful claimants to the throne into the Tower.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

On March 12 the Duke of Gloucester visited Fordhall Organic Farm in Market Drayton, opened the Redwoods Centre in Shrewsbury as well as the Lingen Davies Cancer Centre at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and he visited Ditherington Flax Mill, Ditherington, Shrewsbury.

** shropshirestar.com: Proud day for Shropshire as Duke Of Gloucester opens centre **

** shropshirestar.com: Busy day as Duke of Gloucester pays a flying visit to Shropshire **

Tags
duchess of gloucester, duke of gloucester, prince richard, prince william, prince william of gloucester