The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I didn't find pictures as well, but they attended it; they were seating behind the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, if I recall correctly, and at the right of the Duke of Kent.
Also their three children and their spouses attended.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl1978 View Post
Did they attend Prince William's wedding last week at all? I couldn't find their pictures anywhere.......
I, too, am looking for a picture of the Gloucesters at the Royal Wedding but have not located any. I caught a glimpse of one of the Gloucester girls in the buses carting the minor Royals to the Abbey but that was all. I saw the Duke and Duchess of Kent arrive at the Abbey and the others but not the Gloucesters. Would love to see pictures of them.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are three of the pics from the wedding you are searching for

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On May 18, the Duke of Gloucester unveiled a Memorial of Fryderyk Chopin for the Polish
Heritage Society at the Royal Festival Hall, Belvedere Road, London.

** Pic ** Duke of Gloucester unveils Chopin statue on the South Bank **
Old 05-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

On May 18, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester visited Northwood Prep in Rickmansworth to open
the school’s Centenary Trail. The event was the culmination of the school’s year-long centenary
celebrations.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** Northwood Prep School gets a visit from royalty **

** School welcomes royal guests for centerary celebrations **
Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are three of the pics from the wedding you are searching for

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thank you so much Iceflower. And I can see Princess Alexandra of Kent and the Viscountess Linley too!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Gentry

**This question is not about the the Duke or Duchess but the current Duke's late brother William. In his book on the porphyria gene in the royal families of Europe, John Röhl makes the claim that the late Prince William had signs of porphyria. Has anyone else heard this claim or knows of a thread for the late Prince William?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm1952 View Post
**This question is not about the the Duke or Duchess but the current Duke's late brother William. In his book on the porphyria gene in the royal families of Europe, John Röhl makes the claim that the late Prince William had signs of porphyria. Has anyone else heard this claim or knows of a thread for the late Prince William?
The thread for the late Prince William of Gloucester is Prince William of Gloucester (1941-1972) .

Old 06-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Gloucester as patron of Friends of St. Paul's Cathedral attended the "Went the
Day Well?" concert at St Paul’s Cathedral in aid of Help for Heroes, London, 29 June 2011.

** Pic **
Old 07-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

On July 7, the Duchess of Gloucester officially opened Phoenix Montessori Nursery School,
United Reformed Church, London Road, Long Sutton.

** Pic ** Nursery’s Royal visit **

On July 19, the Duchess attended the Royal Horticultural Society's Flower Show at Tatton
Park, Knutsford.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **
Old 07-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess is ageing well .... I've always liked her because she doesn't have quite as many "airs and graces".
Old 07-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

The image of the little girl curtseying to the Duchess is adorable. :) Thanks for the image links. I agree Renata4711, she's lovely and down to Earth and does her Royal duties so covertly, yet she is obviously very appreciated.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The Duchess is ageing well .... I've always liked her because she doesn't have quite as many "airs and graces".

I know from what people say in my own circle that The Duchess has long been regarded as one of the Queen's hidden blessings. Her life turned out to be very different from what she might have imagined; she met the-then Prince Richard when he was a Cambridge Student, reputedly on her first day in the City; he was at the University, she was doing a language course. Prince Richard was destined for a professional career as an architect and thus the Duchess would have expected to settle down to life as the wife of a professional man [Prince Richard was, as a younger son, never destined for Royal Duties, but expected to be occupy the sort of role that was envisaged for Prince Michael -i.e. not to be on the Civil List but invited to the 'wider' type of Royal Occasion [state banquets and the like, whilst his elder brother became the 'working royal'.

It is also interesting how sometimes unintended consequences turn out quite well; it was never intended that George VI and The Queen Mother would end up being Sovereign and Consort; yet the country turned out to be served so well by them; ditto the fact that Elizabeth II was never born to be Queen, yet look at the success she has made of her reign.... And then look at the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

just my thoughts

Alex
Old 09-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

On October 4th 2011 - The Duke of Gloucester is opening my local hospital, I will be making it my mission to be there on the day and be taking pictures.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

The Selby War Memorial Hospital and Civic Centre? And have you been successful, Lumutqueen?

Here are some of the Duke of Gloucester latest events:

On October 4, he opened the new Harrogate Library in Harrogate,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Harrogate Library gets a Royal opening **

he opened the Train Shed Roof Replacement as part of the "Train of Thought" Project at the North
Yorkshire Moors Railway, Pickering Station, Pickering

** Duke of Gloucester views Pickering Station restoration work **

and as mentioned he officially opened the new Selby War Memorial Hospital and Civic Centre.

** Royal opening for Selby hospital **

On September 28, the Duke of Kent visited Nene Valley Railway to see his namesake and to officially
open the cafe "The Barnwell Tea Rooms":

** Pic **

** Two Dukes of Gloucester meet at Nene Valley Railway **

** Duke of Gloucester drives engine at Nene Valley Railway **
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Indeed it was and I did succeed it was a lovely day besides the weather.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Nice to hear, Lumutqueen!

On October 12, the Duchess of Gloucester visited Walford Mill Crafts in Wimborne to mark the 25th anniversary.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** Duchess returns to Mill after 25 years **

** Duchess returns to Mill to celebrate 25th anniversary **
Old 10-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Aristocracy

Duchess of Gloucester visits Dorset | Royal Insight
Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Courtier

She looks so young for her age - it´s incredible!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Courtier

They are such a lovely couple. I do so love reading about their activities. The Dutchess is always immaculately turned out. This particular outfit in burnt orange outfit is absolutely beautiful. The shade really does suit her. I do love her brooch.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

SKNVibes | Visit by his Royal highness The Duke of Glouceste to Mark Her Majesty The Queen's Diamond Jubilee
To celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee (sixty years of The Queen’s reign), Her Majesty The Queen has asked members of the Royal Family to travel overseas to visit every Realm as well as Commonwealth countries, Crown Dependencies and British Overseas Territories on her behalf.
The British Virgin Islands (BVI) has been chosen to host a visit by HRH The Duke of Gloucester from March 5 to 9.
As The Queen’s emissary, HRH The Duke of Gloucester’s aim will be to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee year with members of the BVI community, to learn about the rich history of the islands, and to meet with the people of the Territory in person.

Tags
duchess of gloucester, duke of gloucester, prince richard, prince william, prince william of gloucester