The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I´m not accussing you of anything. I´ve always found you one of the most enlightened and thoughtful posters on this forum.

I´m just tired of old, white people being excused for their ignorance and racism because of their age. In the current political and societal sphere, this sh.t needs to be called out for what it is.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I´m not accussing you of anything. I´ve always found you one of the most enlightened and thoughtful posters on this forum.

I´m just tired of old, white people being excused for their ignorance and racism because of their age. In the current political and societal sphere, this sh.t needs to be called out for what it is.
I didn't say you were - I was just defending my view point and explaining from my view. But thank you - I'm glad that you appreciate my posts, that was nice to hear.

I apologise if I caused any misunderstandings, hopefully we can leave this discussion on good terms.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
let sleeping dogs lie.
Dream on ! The PC brigade 'have it in for her' and NEVER let these things go...
They 'want her guts for garters', and If I were her l'd not relish the prospect of appearing in Public again soon...
Old 12-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Dream on ! The PC brigade 'have it in for her' and NEVER let these things go...
They 'want her guts for garters', and If I were her l'd not relish the prospect of appearing in Public again soon...

So true unfortunately. And once the SJWs get a taste of blood, they don’t stop. It’s amazing anyone dares to leave the house these days. The whole sorry business was unfortunate but it hasn’t changed my opinion of HRH at all. And again, considering the rather worrisome Christmas that lays ahead for the Kent family, I hope they can put this past them and find some joy in the season to celebrate.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I know it has been talked to death but Princess Michael of Kent has responded to the brooch controversy.

https://twitter.com/MonarchyUK/statu...66986363736067

She plans on retiring the item and she is very apologetic.
Unbelievable.
That' i call a public humiliation, not less. And for what ? A brooch !
Hold your hats PC Brigade, because this dear Meghan will face some other so called unpleasant objects in the collections of the former rulers of the most powerful colonial empire.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...75_634x438.jpg

Let's throw another member of the BRF under the bus for some random reason, just to feed the good conscience of the sofa based and self proclaimed "human values" defenders.

Phlip be careful, you're the next !
Old 12-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really am not here for hearing people speak demeaningly about those who care about racial justice, righting historical wrongs, and treating people as all alike in human value and dignity as “SJWs” and “the PC brigade”.
Heir Presumptive

Yes, won't somebody think of the poor, priviliged, white people.. They have it rough.
Courtier

Quote:
It's time to quit using age or generational differences as an excuse to be this insensitive, tactless and flat out racist. Doesn't matter either if she intended it to be racist or not. It's still racist, no matter how you look at it and I´m not going to feel sorry for her either. You have got to be living under the biggest rock to think that brooch was a good idea.
This!!!
Old 12-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Courtier

I think if you have offended someone, even unintentionally, it's not public humiliation to apologize.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I try not to get into PMK. She knew what she was doing and proudly wore it knowing the history behind it. She’s very into history. She’s not dumb.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, won't somebody think of the poor, priviliged, white people.. They have it rough.

Says a lot that there seemed to be more pearl clutching over the cost of a dress than Princess Michael wearing a racially insensitive brooch. And I'm referring to the media as well. I don't believe there was even a mention of Princess Michael's awful fashion choice in the UK press until the American media picked up on it. That's not a good look at all.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course she did it on purpose
Old 12-23-2017, 02:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post

Says a lot that there seemed to be more pearl clutching over the cost of a dress than Princess Michael wearing a racially insensitive brooch. And I'm referring to the media as well. I don't believe there was even a mention of Princess Michael's awful fashion choice in the UK press until the American media picked up on it. That's not a good look at all.
Indeed. Look no further than Palmers twitter rn.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Indeed. Look no further than Palmers twitter rn.
Honestly, Richard Palmer’s defensive reaction tells me the feedback on his article was pretty bad.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Royal Highness

Just one last thing on Princess Michael and broochgate. Why is it being presumed that because she wears a brooch depicting a black person that it means she dislikes black people? It could in fact be argued that it shows the opposite is true. What a non story this whole thing is.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
because she wears a brooch depicting a black person that it means she dislikes black people?
Presumably because it 'suits their narrative' ? There is NO evidence that Ms Markle has been welcomed in the BRF, and in Britain generally with anything other than open arms, which must be a disappointment to those who like to think we are a hotbed of recidivist racists and imperialists.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Presumably because it 'suits their narrative' ? There is NO evidence that Ms Markle has been welcomed in the BRF, and in Britain generally with anything other than open arms, which must be a disappointment to those who like to think we are a hotbed of recidivist racists and imperialists.
Hear, hear !
Old 12-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

The history behind that brooch is deep, dark and very much offensive. Which is the reason why Princess Michael wore it for everyone to see.

She chose to wear this brooch on the very day she was due to meet Ms. Markle at the extended family luncheon.

Everyone got her message. Loud and clear. She’s ignorant!

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-23-2017, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The history behind that brooch is deep, dark and very much offensive. Which is the reason why Princess Michael wore it for everyone to see.

She chose to wear this brooch on the very day she was due to meet Ms. Markle at the extended family luncheon.

Everyone got her message. Loud and clear. She’s ignorant!
Wow. A mind reader in our midst. Drats. My crystal ball is in the shop still so I can't confirm or deny your statements.

Can I ask just how you *know* for a fact what Princess Michael was thinking and what her intentions were? I would really love to learn your mind reading methods.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-26-2017, 05:20 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
In light of recent discussion and inspite of our reservations,
this thread has been created in order to discuss the issue of race and racism and the British Royal Family.

However, this thread will be moderated carefully and the following rules will apply to the thread without exception:

1) Posts deemed to be of a racist/prejudiced nature or could be construde as being racist/prejudiced will be removed without notice.
2) Posts made or deemed to be made with an agenda to attract negative responses or to disrupt the discussion will also be removed.
3) Accusations of racism against any member of the forum, journalists/reporters or other entities outside of the forum will be removed - members are requested to report any posts they take issue with rather than responding to them within the thread.
4) Disrespectful posts made accusing other posters of being a part of "the PC brigade", "snowflakes", "SJWs", etc will be removed.
5) Members are reminded to be respectful of one another and to pay particular attention to the sensitivity of the subject.

Failure to comply with the above may result in membership being suspended, and with further violation of the rules resulting in a possible ban.

Please be aware that in the event the Moderating Team feel this thread has outlived its usefulness or that the discussion cannot continue,
the thread will be closed and not reopened.
The Moderating Team requests that all members carefully read the above guidelines prior to posting in this thread.