The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Courtier

It has never been publically revealed whom Ali is dating; since they are not exactly public people or celebrities, there seemed no point of ‘revealing’ anything. It is hardly a secret though, it’s just that Ali is a very private person and does try to keep his private life out of spotlight, insofar that is possible.
Still, if Katie Nicholl had a ‘source’ which was as much as acquainted with anyone from Ali’s set, she’d have no problems with identifying his girlfriend.

The lady he's dating is in her early 20's and they have been good friends for many years.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

This must be the most eclectic (or mixed up) thread ever. Say what you mean and mean what you say, innuendo isn't realy interesting.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Commoner

Do you know them personally then Marcel?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not sure if I post this into the right thread, sorry. I haven't found the thread for the British dukes.
Wife of Duke of Hamilton tells of her fears as he struggles dementia
Old 12-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Royal Highness

LOL.. first of all, Alexander was born in 1974. He is a year older than me. That is an easy piece of information to find, which makes him 35, NOT in his twenties or a toy boy....where does she get this stuff?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Where does Marsel say he is in his twenties............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
LOL.. first of all, Alexander was born in 1974. He is a year older than me. That is an easy piece of information to find, which makes him 35, NOT in his twenties or a toy boy....where does she get this stuff?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

If you read the article..it is in there... ;-)

"Friends say Ali, 26, prefers his privacy and would rather have a relationship out of the spotlight."

This was from the newspaper posting on the previous page.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Marquess of Cholmondeley's heir is declared

Mandrake reported last month on the dilemma facing the Marquess of Cholmondeley and his wife, Rose, 25, following the birth of their twin sons.

I recounted how the couple had decided that it would be the son who was heaviest at birth who would be the eighth marquess. However, it is now understood that the identity of the heir was determined by the order of birth and the medical records made by the hospital.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Who gets the royal title when twin boys arrive??

Marquess of Cholmondeley's heir is declared:

Duchess of Cornwall takes Kate Middleton's charity to her heart - Telegraph it is the second artical under this link...

Tell me what you think ?????????
Old 12-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Why would that be debatable? Even with a Caesarean, one twin is still a couple minutes older. They're never born at exactly the same time.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Scottish - Duke of Tr.otternish?

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to put this but I was wondering if someone could either help me, or point me in the right direction for where I can find this information. I need to learn if there is a Scottish Duke titled the Duke of Tro.ttern.ish, and if so, what is the name of the person who currently holds this title. I have been led to believe this person is associated with "Dunv.egan" and the Isle of Skye.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been led in many confusing directions.

Thank you much
Old 12-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A man named Douglass I believe, he has one daughter and 4 grandchildren.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:12 PM

Thank you lumutqueen,

I found this much with a basic internet search, which is why I am here in this specified forum. I can find nothing more, and have found what you have written here on only 1 page on the internet in my searches.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Commoner

Smile The Curzon Sister's

Hi all, hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are not too stuffed from all the food. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any information on these three extrodinary sisters and wonderful Photos to match. The Youngest was a God-Daughter to Queen Alexandra , The Lady Alexandra Curzon (Baba Metcalfe) whose husband was equiry to Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) . Much Appreciated , Many Thanks Ste
Old 12-28-2009, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stejak View Post
Hi all, hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are not too stuffed from all the food. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any information on these three extrodinary sisters and wonderful Photos to match. The Youngest was a God-Daughter to Queen Alexandra , The Lady Alexandra Curzon (Baba Metcalfe) whose husband was equiry to Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) . Much Appreciated , Many Thanks Ste
Mary Irene Curzon, 2nd Baroness Ravensdale CBE (20 January, 1896 – 9 February, 1966) was the eldest child of George Nathaniel Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston and Mary Victoria Leiter, a daughter of Levi Zeigler Leiter. She inherited her father's Barony of Ravensdale and was created a life peer as Baroness Ravensdale of Kedleston, in Derbyshire in 1958 - this allowed her to sit in the House of Lords prior to the passing of the Peerage Act 1963, which allowed suo jure hereditary peeresses to enter.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ene_Curzon.jpg

Lady Cynthia Blanche ("Cimmie") Mosley (23 August 1898 – 16 May 1933) was a British politician of Anglo-American parentage and the first wife of Conservative MP, Labour MP and British fascist Sir Oswald Mosley, Bt.
Born Cynthia Blanche Curzon at Kedleston Hall, she was the second daughter of Hon. George Curzon (created Marquess Curzon of Kedleston in 1921) and his first wife, Mary Victoria Leiter, an American department-store heiress.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...osley_1920.jpg

Lady Alexandra Naldera Curzon, CBE (20 April 1904 - 7 August 1995)
Alexandra was conceived in July 1903 at Naldehra 25 km from Shimla, perhaps after a high altitude game of golf. Her mother died in 1906 when she was only two years old. Her father's Indian servants called her "Baba Sahib", "the Viceroy's baby", and she was thereafter best known as "Baba".
She was the first love of Prince George, Duke of Kent but in 1925 she married Major Edward Dudley Metcalfe, the best friend and equerry of George's older brother, Edward VIII. She had a son, David Metcalfe, and twin daughters.
She later became a mistress of Oswald Mosley, her sister Cynthia's husband, as did their stepmother, Grace., She had affairs with Jock Whitney, Michael Lubbock, Walter Monckton and Charles Duncombe, 3rd Earl of Feversham. Before World War II she earned the sobriquet Baba Blackshirt, and for a while played a murky role as a semiwitting go-between for Mosley and her other lover at the time, Dino Grandi, Mussolini's ambassador to London, while simultaneously enjoying the romantic devotion of the foreign secretary, Lord Halifax who was staying at the same Dorchester Hotel as Alexandra and her sister.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3270/...9d64c6.jpg?v=0
Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Administrator

If anyone is interested in the Curzon's sisters, they should check out The Viceroy's Daughters, its a pretty good book. Also the book about the Mitfords, touches on Cimmie and Diana's common husband, Oswald Moseley. Very interesting as well.

In other news:

At 94, the Duke of Wellington will be delighted and relieved to learn he does not have to worry about his mighty title continuing down the generations - his grandson, Arthur, the Earl of Mornington, has proudly informed him he has become a great-grandfather of twins - and one is a boy.

Babies Mae Madeleine and Arthur Darcy were delivered last week at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and their mother, make-up artist Jemma Kidd, 35, sister of supermodel Jodie and whose great-grandfather was newspaper tycoon Lord Beaverbrook, was allowed home yesterday.

'They are absolutely perfect. The boy looks like his father and the girl looks like Jemma. It couldn't be better,' says proud grandmother Wendy Kidd, who has temporarily abandoned her plantation house in Barbados, where she organises the island's annual arts festival each spring, to help with nappy chores. 'Everything went to plan. We are all absolutely thrilled.'

The babies are Wendy's ninth and tenth grandchild. Their names are mostly family ones - both the Duke and his eldest son, the Marquess of Douro, the twins' grandfather, are called Arthur, and Darcy is a Kidd family name, as is Madeleine.

'I am not sure where the Mae comes from,' adds Wendy. 'It's just a name they liked.'

Old 01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

What beautiful names.
Congratulations to the couple and The Duke of Wellington on becoming a great-grandad.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Earl of Lucan title

The last Earl of Lucan disappeared a lot of years ago, and nobody knows if he is still alive or dead; although he has been declared dead, his son can't use his title because it is not sure that Lord Lucan has really died.
What will happen to this title in the future? I mean, in 2050 or 2060 surely the last Earl will be dead, but probably nobody will know when and where; so, will his descendants be allowed to use the title again, or will it remain vacant forever?
And what will happen to his seat at the House of Lords? Will it remain vacant for the same reason?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Majesty

At some point the son can apply to have his father declared legally dead and thus would be able to use and inherit everything according to law.
After the reforms of the House of Lords in 1999 I don't think Lord Lucan's seat existed anymore.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Richard Bingham, 7th Earl of Lucan was declared legally dead in October 1999.
No death certificate has yet been granted, however. As a result, while Lord Bingham may be presumed to be the 8th Earl of Lucan, it is still not officially recognised. This does not prevent him from styling himself the 8th Earl of Lucan.
But I don't think he can take his fathers seat in the HOL.

Tags
aristocracy, british nobility