The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Administrator

I thought they had already started the moves to put the estate into trust if the currrent Lord dies. Maybe I read that in the articles regarding the separation.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Odd - on Twitter Nicholas said four days ago that he's single again. Time will tell, I guess.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Administrator

As the recent separation of his family members show...time changes things.

More importantly, if he is still having issues with drugs...he might not be thinking clearly in regards to the relationship and engagement...and they living on a high (pardon the pun). So it might not be a stable relationship anyway and not make it to the altar. Of course if they could elope on everyone...anything is possible.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I thought they had already started the moves to put the estate into trust if the currrent Lord dies. Maybe I read that in the articles regarding the separation.

It will need to be in a trust before Nick inherits as once he inherits without his ok the trust can't be set up as it would be his property and estate.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
As the recent separation of his family members show...time changes things.

More importantly, if he is still having issues with drugs...he might not be thinking clearly in regards to the relationship and engagement...and they living on a high (pardon the pun). So it might not be a stable relationship anyway and not make it to the altar. Of course if they could elope on everyone...anything is possible.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I mean, to date a girl for six months and - apparently - decide to propose to her because cousin William made his engagement with Kate Middleton public, sounds at least "spontaneous" to me, if not a bit immature. Of course it could be true love, too and if so, that's more than fine for dear Nicky! But I for one will wait and see if they'll really marry.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Who will be mistress of Broadlands?

Quote:
Under normal circumstances, the next chatelaine of magnificent Broadlands, the historic home of Earl Mountbatten where both The Queen and Prince Charles spent their honeymoons, would be the young woman the Hon Nicholas Knatchbull has chosen to be his wife.
Yet life at Broadlands is anything but normal.

Read more: RICHARD KAY: Who will be mistress of Broadlands? | Mail Online
Old 12-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Poor Alexandra,with an addict brother and father who left her Mom.Of course she is not poor in the direct meaning,but it's not easy to cope well in such a situation.I consider that here should be applied a special law in order to pass the title directly to Alexandra.She deserves,as I remember Lord Mountbatten asked the Queen to pass his title to his eldest daughter Patricia.Why not to make an exception?
As for Nicholas I am pretty sure this woman stays with him only because of his social status and money,I doubt his mind will recover soon,he could come back to drugs anyway.I bet that if he marries her,it will end in more than divorce,much more great disaster.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

With Lord Mountbatten it was a totally different matter: since he had only two daughters, his title would become extinct at his death; this is the reason of the special remainder that allowed Patricia to inherit his title.
But now there is a male line heir, Nicholas, and he will become both Earl Mountbatten of Burma and Baron Brabourne. There's no chance for a special law depriving him of his titles just because he is a drug addict.
The only thing his father or his grandmother can do is to disinherit him, so the ownership of their estates will pass to someone else (maybe Alexandra), but however Nicholas will get the two titles.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Majesty

They could also protect the estates for Nicholas' son (assuming he has one) by simply putting the whole think in trust so that he can only access the income and not the capital of the estate itself. Otherwise they will end up with a noble title, with connections to the royal family but with no money to support themselves (in future generations etc). It would be wrong to deprive Nicholas' descendents just because Nicholas has a problem with drugs.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Commoner

And not anybody within the family wants to deprive Nicholas. He is simply incapable.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Royals rally round Lady Brabourne | Mail Online

When Penny Brabourne is seen in the company of a member of the Royal Family, it is usually Prince Philip who is by her side.

But yesterday Lady Brabourne was in the company of the Queen as she shared a back seat with Her Majesty to attend divine *service at the parish church at *Sandringham, where Penny, 57, has been staying for the weekend.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That's sweet, Lady Brabourne is going through a hard time I guess and it's nice that she's still close to the royal family.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton at Goring Hotel night before Royal wedding | Mail Online

I you scroll down below the story about Kate there is more information about Lord Brabourne.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

The Queen's confidante (and very close friend of Prince Philip), her cheating husband and a seemingly never-ending catalogue of misfortune... | Mail Online

She was a strikingly pretty girl who found herself living the daydream of millions of women: a *butcher’s daughter marrying into the Royal *Family and finding herself chatelaine of a vast and *historic country house set in 6,000 acres.

But when - in a few weeks’ time - the elegant Penny *Brabourne, 57, puts on a black and gold robe to be inaugurated as High Steward of Romsey, Hampshire, there will still be a desperate emptiness in her life few other women have known.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Poor Lady Brabourne!The only joy she has is her daughter Alexandra.I hope that she and Alexandra will manage to overcome all the problems.I think her husband will regret what he did ,the different problem is the son who could bring more problems with the woman he is going to marry.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Brabourne back with his lover

Quote:
One minute he gives up his wife, family and one of the best known stately homes in the country to run off with a vivacious Caribbean beauty. The next, the object of his desire has dumped him.

Now, like a man caught in the vacillating plot of a TV soap opera, Prince Charles’ friend and cousin Lord Brabourne is back in Britain — and back in the arms of elegant Jeannie McWeeney, the widow of Bahamas-based tax-exile Sir Nicholas Nuttall and the woman who helped put an end to his 30-year marriage to his long-suffering wife, Penny, the carriage-driving confidante of Prince Philip.

While Penny and her daughter, Alexandra, 28, were receiving royal support as guests of the Queen at Sandringham this weekend — it is the second time in a month that Lady Brabourne has been invited to the Norfolk estate — her estranged husband has been at his home in Belgravia with Jeannie.
Read more: Brabourne back with his lover | Mail Online
Old 04-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Did Mountbattens attend the royal wedding?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I wondered about that, too. I can't imagine that no member of the family attended the wedding...
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora
Did Mountbattens attend the royal wedding?
I wondered that myself; they are not so high profile as the international royalsor younger aristocrats so it would be easy for the press to overlook them; the Countess Mountbatten is Prince Charles' godmother I believe and ought to have been there.

I also recently saw the Countess in a 90th birthday documentary on Prince Philip; is she in good health? It always seems that she needs to be propped up.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Royal Highness

Countess Mountbatten and Lord Braebourne both attended the Wedding. They were seated well behind the Royal Family.

Tags
battenberg, lord brabourne, mountbatten, patricia mountbatten