Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cambridge airplanes crashes , no Heir to be and no Heir to be after him.
I am sure they travelled separately.

Willliam and Harry frequently traveled on the same plane as their father when they were children. The same is true of William and his children.

I know that the Cambridges did not set the precedent but I think TPTB need to rethink them traveling together. William and his children are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in line to the throne. Yeah the odds are very small but if the unspeakable happens, it can topple the monarchy IMO. I can see chancing it when it was the heir and his toddler son traveling together as part of a major tour in the early 1980s but now (post-Lockerbie, post 9/11) we are talking about four heirs who are traveling as a group on an ongoing basis, and I think that should be reconsidered.

I agree it should be reconsidered but this is not a discussion for this thread. They did travel together to Aberdeen and atm it appears to be their usual routine to travel together. No church pics yet?

I'm not sure why you would think that when we saw them together on their way on or off the plane.

We have seen them travel together before to Poland, New Zealand and Canada to name just a few as well as to go on holiday to Mustique (we saw William holding George on year). Incidentally William, Harry and Charles all travelled together before when needed, most notably after the death of the Queen Mother.

Whether or not they should travel separately is a different issue but it is clear, at the moment at least, they do all travel together.

The Queen and Charles do not travel on the same plane, likewise Charles and William do not
they seem to have largely droped this practice in the past years..

That's 2 weeks in a row that James hasn't gone to church with them, I wonder why.
Like most kids his age he probably finds it boring and can't sit still.

The DM expanded William & Kate's family--

"The mother-of-four coordinated her outfit with a stylish fascinator and wrapped up in a black coat featuring gold button detail - "

Does anyone proof read?

Like most kids his age he probably finds it boring and can't sit still.

I don’t buy that excuse anymore. He’s nearly 12; he’s old enough to sit still during a short service. He attends Easter and Christmas so I don’t see why he can’t attend a weekly service. I think he attended last week as I’m sure I saw him sitting opposite the Queen. This week I’m not surprised by his absence as Savannah and Isla are there so he’s likely hanging out with them.

I reckon Sophie and Edward are easily swayed by his requests to not go; I imagine James to be quite spoilt by his parents simply because he’s their baby. (Prince Edward got away with a lot of stuff because he was “the baby”.) Lady Louise attendee church services at James’ age so there is no reason why James can’t. He just simply gets away with it. William, Harry and Peter all attended church at his age.

I don’t buy that excuse anymore. He’s nearly 12; he’s old enough to sit still during a short service.

If it's the case that James doesn't want to go to church then why should he be forced to go?

I don’t buy that excuse anymore. He’s nearly 12; he’s old enough to sit still during a short service. He attends Easter and Christmas so I don’t see why he can’t attend a weekly service. I think he attended last week as I’m sure I saw him sitting opposite the Queen. This week I’m not surprised by his absence as Savannah and Isla are there so he’s likely hanging out with them.

I reckon Sophie and Edward are easily swayed by his requests to not go; I imagine James to be quite spoilt by his parents simply because he’s their baby. (Prince Edward got away with a lot of stuff because he was “the baby”.) Lady Louise attendee church services at James’ age so there is no reason why James can’t. He just simply gets away with it. William, Harry and Peter all attended church at his age.

I believe I was about 12 when I decided I didn’t believe anymore. Perhaps he just doesn’t want to go to church. He is, imo, old enough to make that choice.

If it's the case that James doesn't want to go to church then why should he be forced to go?

I understand that but when your grandmother is the head of the Church of England, sometimes you have to do things you don’t want to do.

Obviously it’s all speculation and we will never know why he doesn’t go - I jusr do not understand why he attends Easter and Christmas when it suits him but not the other services.

Religion and Faith are PERSONAL spiritual JOURNEYS. He will get there at his own pace if he ever needs to get there. Who his Grandmother is does not matter

Last edited:
^^^^^ Never was a truer word said!

Looking at these photos, I began to wonder if the Queen's great-grandchildren attend any sort of service (like Sunday School) at Balmoral? Then I began wondering if they receive religious education. One would think so.

George and Charlotte receive religious education at school. George started last year and Charlotte begins this year.

George and Charlotte receive religious education at school. George started last year and Charlotte begins this year.
Does this religious education mean that they learn about the history and meaning of religion or does it mean that they learn about the teachings of the Church of England only?
In my home country of Sweden the former is part of the curriculum while education in the teachings of an eventual home religion is up to the different religious communities.

Does this religious education mean that they learn about the history and meaning of religion or does it mean that they learn about the teachings of the Church of England only?
In my home country of Sweden the former is part of the curriculum while education in the teachings of an eventual home religion is up to the different religious communities.

I’m not sure. I got this from People Magazine

And becoming a 2nd grade student, means the little royal, 6, will be studying the basics like math, English, science, history and geography and religious studies, French, computing, art/design technology, music, drama, P.E. and ballet.

If the cambridge airplanes crashes , no Heir to be and no Heir to be after him.
I am sure they travelled separately.

They travel together all the time. There are plenty of heirs to the Throne if something (God forbid) unfortunate happened.

LaRae

RE (religious education)in the UK consists of learning about the christian faith alongside other religions. Often is is taught through themes e.g special places and then exploring why Christians go to church and the meanings of certain features eg the altar, then the same with jewish people and synagogues and so on. It is rather light touch at George’s age but neverthless is taught. It is not, however, an induction to the church of england as such (indeed it is compltely sepeate from any one chirch) that if up to the parents and their local church, it is more learning why religion in general is important and then learning about different religions and key stories and themes from all religions. In addition if his school is particularly christian they may have their own chapel where children attend a service (rather like an aseembly) once a week or a vicar may come in to take assembly.

Last edited:
:previous: According to the school’s website “We are a Christian school, open to children of all faiths.”

Maybe James was at Balmoral keeping Philip company?

Oh well, perhaps next summer an invitation will be extended to the Sussexes, too. Their absence amongst other major family members at Balmoral for the second year running stands out like a sore thumb, no two ways about it.

Oh well, perhaps next summer an invitation will be extended to the Sussexes, too. Their absence amongst other major family members at Balmoral for the second year running stands out like a sore thumb, no two ways about it.

Who says they weren't invited? There is no reason to think the Queen would not invite all her grandchildren. Zara and her family are not there either, York girls missing too. Doesn't mean they weren't invited.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom