Summer Holidays at Balmoral: 2019 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMOO it would be wise for if any Royal or person of importance to change their method/type of travel frequently. This way it makes it more difficult for those wanting to do harm. Since the media reports on every little thing and the public wants to know every little thing about the Royals, they need to be extra careful. Just because the Royals travel with protection does not mean that method of travel is safer for them or the public anymore. Unfortunately it is the era we live in.

It did look like a chance photograph, not even all that clear. Somebody has been lucky with that one. As has been said before everybody with a mobile phone is a photographer these days,

That doesn't really count for anything, other members of the family have travelled to Balmoral and not been photographed.

IMO, it looks staged. Pictures claimed as exclusive & credited to a tabloid that published the photos online & in print very quickly. Heirs in direct line to the throne & no RPO in sight? A nice, but bleary picture of William & his family using a budget airline while his brother & his family are heavily criticized for accepting private transportation & accommodation from a close friend.

The children look cute, as always, it’s a shame their privacy was invaded to make derisive commentary at another family member.

IMO, it looks staged. Pictures claimed as exclusive & credited to a tabloid that published the photos online & in print very quickly. Heirs in direct line to the throne & no RPO in sight? A nice, but bleary picture of William & his family using a budget airline while his brother & his family are heavily criticized for accepting private transportation & accommodation from a close friend.

The children look cute, as always, it’s a shame their privacy was invaded to make derisive commentary at another family member.

I think this is awfully cynical.

I’m sure the RPOs are there-but really they are rarely seen in photos unless they are wide angle or videos.

They were in a public airport-privacy was not invaded. They were not stalked or harrassed to get a photo.

Last edited:

You are now doing to the Cambridges the very thing you are accusing others of doing to the Sussexs.

If you have by any chance watched the documentary where William discussed his mother's relationship with the press, you know he would not set up a shot like this or condone it.

There's been pics taken before of the Cambridges flying to Balmoral this time of year.

LaRae

I don’t remember the Cambridge family being snapped boarding a flight to Balmoral and snapped that up close and the pics splashed all over the front pages. We usually know the family are at Balmoral when the family are on their way to Crathie Kirk and those very rare snaps of the family heading to lunch.

I think their privacy was invaded.

You are now doing to the Cambridges the very thing you are accusing others of doing to the Sussexs.

If you have by any chance watched the documentary where William discussed his mother's relationship with the press, you know he would not set up a shot like this or condone it.

I am well aware of Princess Diana’s relationship with the press & have seen where William has discussed it. I have followed BFR, long before William & Diana became part of the family, & I’m well aware of media manipulation.

Last edited:
Yes it would be for one adult travelling from London to Kings Lynn as there aren't any scheduled flights that could transport the Queen from London to Norfolk.

I assume you aren't suggesting that it would be safer for the Cambridges (2 adults & 3 children) to travel to Aberdeen by train are you?

No I am not advocting that the Cambrigdes take the train to Aberdeen as they have the moral highground to make that choice without the hypocrisy of preaching one thing to repeatedly doing another. The single scheduled train ride to Kings Lynn from London is the best option for the monarch. The Queen chose to travel by train to France this year for the D Day commemorations!

There have been a lot of photos over the years of family members arriving and departing from Aberdeen airport. Its the closest for travel to Balmoral. One of the more amusing ones are seeing Sarah leaving and Philip arriving right afterwards. Its not an invasion of privacy at all. Its a public airport.

I just hope they really have a great time at Balmoral. Wonder if any of the Cambridge kids will actually catch fish in the River Dee this year? Balmoral is a wonderful place to enjoy the great outdoors.

I am well aware of Princess Diana’s relationship with the press & have seen where William has discussed it. I have followed BFR, long William & Diana became part of the family, & I’m well aware of media manipulation.

In that case you surely would agree he would not use his children like this, I will continue to disagree with you that the photograph was staged.

If you are saying that somebody by chance saw them took the photograph, sold it to the press, who then viewed this as an ideal opportunity to play one brother against the other I would say you probably have a point.

Could it be the press knew there was a good chance the family would be heading north, that they were known to use the airport, and wanted a shot of the ' ordinary' Cambridges using normal travel. Possibly there are only so many flights a day they could have taken, so could have timed it well.

I don’t remember the Cambridge family being snapped boarding a flight to Balmoral and snapped that up close and the pics splashed all over the front pages. We usually know the family are at Balmoral when the family are on their way to Crathie Kirk and those very rare snaps of the family heading to lunch.

I think their privacy was invaded.

I've seen a couple pics on Twitter in the past week showing them headed to Balmoral on the 'budget' plane. At least one of them goes back years.

LaRae

Do the Cambridge's still have use of a cottage on the Balmoral estate? Or now they are a family do they stay at the Castle or with Charles?

Do the Cambridge's still have use of a cottage on the Balmoral estate? Or now they are a family do they stay at the Castle or with Charles?

I do not think they use Tam-na-Ghar, the cottage originally give to William. They seem to stay on another larger cottage somewhere on the estate, and then spend time at both Balmoral and Birkhall.

The Cambridges join The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh for lunch at Balmoral. Princess Anne and her family are also there.

Last edited:
Could they be staying at Craigowan lodge?

Have they always flown to Aberdeen via helicopter or private jet?
Plenty of times. See for example,
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ge-Future-king-flown-Balmoral-time-birth.html

For the record, I am not against private jets. I think they are great!!
Let's be honest, who amongst us would rather wait in line, go through security checkpoints, have to deal with flight delays, other passengers staring and taking photos, risks security, and all the while doing this with young children. Um no...I will take private jet please and thank you.[emoji4]

That’s the only time they’ve used a private jet to travel to Scotland. It was a loan from the Duke of Westminster.

I believe that is the only time they used a private jet to get to Balmoral, certainly the last time they were pictured doing so. It was 2 months after George was born and the het was lent to them by the Duke of Westminster, who's wive is William's godmother.

So the press are kind of attempting to spin this, and failing, that it falls at the feet of the Cambridge’s which is not the case at all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...craft-123-miles-pick-Prince-William-Kate.html

The flight scheduled to depart from Norwich was a Loganair flight, branded as such. But Flybe were so desperate to get the royals on a plane in their livery, they flew an empty plane to Norwich so it could be used for the Cambridge’s flight.

It’s a real shame that Flybe chose to use this as PR stunt for their own means.

Unless everybody who gets on an aeroplane is supposed to ask ‘is this the regular plane or did you switch it with another’.

None of the other passengers on the plane would have known either let alone the Cambridges.

So we go from one plane drama to another? I’m beyond over it. Also shows don’t we so quick with the silly headlines. Now they twisting to explain.

In this case there is no drama. The Cambridges flew to Scotland on a scheduled flight and paid £73 per seat. That the airline swapped a generic plane for a branded one is the airlines business. The Cambridges didn’t know about it.

Neither were drama but they sure made it some. This airline used them for PR. Kind of plays into a lot of things discussed.

None of the other passengers on the plane would have known either let alone the Cambridges.

Except the fact that they’re completely different logos attached to the plane..I for one would notice if I was supposed to fly a BA flight and the plane in front of me was Emirates.

Except the fact that they’re completely different logos attached to the plane..I for one would notice if I was supposed to fly a BA flight and the plane in front of me was Emirates.

Loganair and FlyBe are franchise partners.

As the statement says 'We operate services on the Norwich-Aberdeen route on behalf of Eastern Airways for Flybe – that is with Loganair aircraft and crew – but deployment of aircraft can and does change to meet airline operational requirements.'

Neither were drama but they sure made it some. This airline used them for PR. Kind of plays into a lot of things discussed.

I m sorry but I don't understand the last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom