The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2019, 09:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Queen, The Duke of York and Princess Beatrice were all at church today.

The rumours the Sussexes would be be joining them appear to be false.
Well, the DM article does say Andrew was joined by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cambridge

Old 08-12-2019, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The tabloids have, since she has been married to Andrew, always created stories about a rift between her and Philip - I mean, we are talking about the same people who even suggested he was responsible for Diana's death. I'd take this with an incredibly large pinch of salt. I still don't even think it was confirmed that Sarah was at Balmoral in the first place?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah was seen arriving at Aberdeen airport. She wouldn't be there if she wasn't going to Balmoral at this time of the year. She always visits for Beatrice's birthday. The Queen wants to see her granddaughter for her birthday and Beatrice wants to see her mother on her birthday so this is the way to ensure that happens.

Sarah always goes up the first week and leaves either on the Saturday or Sunday with Philip arriving on the Sunday - after church.

We don't usually get pictures of Sarah after she arrives at the castle, only reports of her arriving and leaving from Aberdeen airport.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Wessex's join the Queen in Balmoral

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Balmoral.html
Old 08-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Wessex's join the Queen in Balmoral

Out of all the royals, The Queen knows how to vacation. Fishing and horseback riding is my kind of thing. It’s way better than going to a secluded island or resort. May the family have fun while at Balmoral.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-13-2019, 09:56 PM
Majesty

The Queen has imbued her children and grandchildren with a deep and abiding love of the lifestyle that Balmoral offers. Beatrice and Eugenie have both stated the loved their annual holidays there and still do.

I love the annual photos of members of the BRF at Scottish games. Somehow they always seem the most relaxed and are often snapped in gales of laughter.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The Queen has imbued her children and grandchildren with a deep and abiding love of the lifestyle that Balmoral offers. Beatrice and Eugenie have both stated the loved their annual holidays there and still do.

I love the annual photos of members of the BRF at Scottish games. Somehow they always seem the most relaxed and are often snapped in gales of laughter.
Yes. I must say they’re blessed to have tranquil homes like Balmoral, Sandringham and Windsor. Those places offer very relaxed atmospheres and plenty of activities to explore. They do seem to enjoy themselves at the Highland Games, too. I wish the younger royals was interested in going.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-14-2019, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen was pictured arriving at a lodge on the Balmoral estate in Scotland with Prince Philip today, ahead of a lunch with Wessex family.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ie-Edward.html
Old 08-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She wouldn't be there if she wasn't going to Balmoral at this time of the year.
Ouch! That told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She always visits for Beatrice's birthday. The Queen wants to see her granddaughter for her birthday and Beatrice wants to see her mother on her birthday so this is the way to ensure that happens.

Sarah always goes up the first week and leaves either on the Saturday or Sunday with Philip arriving on the Sunday - after church.

We don't usually get pictures of Sarah after she arrives at the castle, only reports of her arriving and leaving from Aberdeen airport.
This is all that was needed to respond to my query - clearly I wasn't in the know if I was asking, so a response like this is just fine to satisfy my knowledge. Now I know.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-17-2019, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth attends the Braemar and Crathie Parish Church sale of work today 17 August

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...Elizabeth%20II

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Scotland.html
Old 08-18-2019, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Carrie Symonds will accompany Boris Johnson when he stays with the Queen at Balmoral later this summer.

The Prime Minister's girlfriend, 31, will attend the traditional weekend at the monarch's Scottish estate, it is understood.

Every year the Queen spends the summer at Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire, where she is joined by other members of the royal family - and traditionally hosts the prime minister for a weekend in September.

It is thought that Ms Symonds will be the first unmarried partner of a sitting PM to stay at Balmoral.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Is there a source for that information?
Old 08-18-2019, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen was joined by Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Edward, Countess of Wessex and their daughter Lady Louise for a Sunday Service in Crathie Kirk, Balmoral

Old 08-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Looks like the Cambridges are on their way to Balmoral

Read more: Prince William, Kate and their children are seen getting off a £73 budget flight to Scotland amid row over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's summer of private jet trips
Old 08-22-2019, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice! Someone on board said their saw Carol on board too. What a nice family get away.

Hopefully no one got kidnapped on the flight ;-)
Old 08-22-2019, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if the Phillps and Tindall families will be there this weekend? William, Peter and Zara seem to have coordinated their family visits to Balmoral in recent years.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Great. Look forward to pictures from the Sunday trip to church.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

It would make sense for Tindall's and Philip's to be there IMO, we saw the Yorks and Wessex's there already so its their turn as such.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sadly, their privacy was invaded. Since when the Cambridge’s started being photographed heading to Balmoral and the pictures published?

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-22-2019, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sadly, their privacy was invaded. Since when the Cambridge’s started being photographed heading to Balmoral and the pictures published?
I disagree. They were in a public airport, no one impeded them or got in their face. It was the kind of nice real family photo that endears them to the public.