State Visit from the President of the Republic of Korea: November 5-7, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those interested in calling the protesters names: please find another online news forum to do so.

To others who can discuss it in a more civilized way: please feel free to do so, but try to keep your head cool and note that this is foremost a royalty forum and not a political one.

Last edited:
There's a great difference between protesters and those uncivilized anarchists in front of Buckingham Palace.

Throwing fireworks in a historical building, which is also the official residence of the Head of State, a 87 years old woman who lives there with her 92 years old husband, is vandalism. And those people should be arrested.

Last edited:
There's a great difference between protesters and those uncivilized anarchists in front of Buckingham Palace.

Throwing fireworks in a historical building, which is also the official residence of the Head of State, a 87 years old woman who lives there with her 92 years old husband, is vandalism. And those people should be arrested.
I agree. It one thing for Clean Peaceful Protesting but it crosses the line when it comes to throwing fireworks and yelling insults, At that point they are just being rowdy and disrespectful and in poor taste. You don't see peoples in the U.S throwing fireworks or rocks at the White House Those peoples should be arrested. It is uncivilized and like you said and BP is not just the Home of Britain Head of State (HM The Queen and Prince Philip) like But it is also a Historical Building. IT is vandalism

Last edited:
The state visit seems to be half-baked. The super hard-working senior royals did not care for this visit.
President Park Guen-hye looked sloppy wearing trousers. Her gala ensenmble is lovely.

Last edited:
The state visit seems to be half-baked. The super hard-working senior royals did not care for this visit.
President Park Guen-hye looked sloppy wearing trousers. Her gala ensenmble is lovely.

Where did you get this idea from? HMQ and DoE, along with Andrew, Edward and William met her today. There is a very good programme; she is staying with the Queen - what's not to like (except the trousers)? Her gala ensemble is her national dress but otherwise she is wearing business style.

Another reception and banquet at the Guildhall tomorrow

EDIT: PRincess Royal at banquet as well; plus Duke of Kent

Last edited:
:previous:
Compared to other visits, this one appears cheap in my personal opinion.

:previous:
Compared to other visits, this one appears cheap in my personal opinion.

I do not understand.... at least the Queen took out some serious bling, i.e. her biggest Diamond brooch. If you mean the absence of the POW, well, you can see in some of the pics, that at least Princess Royal joined - and most probably also other (bejewelled) members of the extended RF.
BYe Bine

:previous: and senior government members, and the state coach and the Welsh Guards. I thought this was really a great start.

I think the only senior royals who usually attend state visits and did not this time are Charles and Camilla. They were both on their way to India / already in India respectively for an official tour, prior to the CHOGM meeting in Sri Lanka.

This was more impressive than the earlier State Visit this year - which only had a State Luncheon The Queen, Philip, Andrew and Edward in attendance (no bling as only The Queen present).

The British do State Visits perfectly, imo, - not over the top but formal and official.

From the few photo's I've seen it appears that the Queen,Duke of Edinburgh,Princess Royal and Duke of Kent were all present at the State Banquet last night.

I think I spotted Tim Laurence and the Duchess of Gloucester in a red coloured dress in the background too.

The Court Circular will enlighten us as to who was present

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh gave a State Banquet this evening in honour of The President of the Republic of Korea at which The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and The Duke of Kent were present.

No Sophie, what a shame.

Thrilled to see Ms. President wear her national costume, she looked stunning.

I agree, the president looked stunning indeed.
As for the ´cheap´ remark: I think that that perhaps has to do with the fact that in these British state visits it is sometimes difficult to get a picture of all royal ladies and their tiaras. Since the British court doesn´t pose for a group photo before the dinner, we don´t see much of the other ladies apart from HM. It makes you wonder if the others were there at all.

Last edited:
I agree, the president looked stunning indeed.
As for the ´cheap´ remark: I think that that perhaps has to do with the fact that in these British state visits it is sometimes difficult to get a picture of all royal ladies and their tiaras since the British court doesn´t pose for a group photo before the dinner and we don´t see much of the other ladies apart from HM, which makes you wonder if the others were there at all.

Exactly. You have to look very hard into the background of the posed photos to even spot the other Royals.

Exactly. You have to look very hard into the background of the posed photos to even spot the other Royals.

Which is one of the reasons why I wish palace officials and the royal press office would help provide more coverage of these State Visits on the official Monarchy website. I'm talking about Live Video coverage or at least more photo opportunities. I totally understand the need to photograph The Queen and the visiting Head of State but I think they could also provide pictures and arrival coverage of the royals and other guest who's attending the State Banquets.

I don't think that's asking for much.

Which is one of the reasons why I wish palace officials and the royal press office would help provide more coverage of these State Visits on the official Monarchy website. I'm talking about Live Video coverage or at least more photo opportunities. I totally understand the need to photograph The Queen and the visiting Head of State but I think they could also provide pictures and arrival coverage of the royals and other guest who's attending the State Banquets.

I don't think that's asking for much.

The list is given in full in the Court Circular just put in 5th November

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/CourtCircular/Todaysevents.aspx

The list is incredibly long from last night. I think perhaps in a world of instant news, people aren't always prepared to wait as much as 12 hours for detailed information. :lol:

Video:
The President of the Republic of Korea, Her Excellency Park Geun-hye has formally bid farewell to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh at the Grand Entrance, Buckingham Palace-
Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom