State Visit from the President of the United States: November 18-21, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His speaking style takes a lot to get used to. He tries to deflect criticism with jokes. I don't like that. That being said, in many countries but I doubt the UK, rain has often lowered the number of demonstrators. So I believe that Bush and Blair should do a rain dance then .

A.C.C.  Posted: Nov 18th, 2003 - 8:58 pm
... walking to board the helicopter to travel to Buckingham Palace.
According to the Queen's webpage, the helicopter division of the "Queen's Flight" used to be two machines of British manufacture (Westland Wessex) that were replaced in April of 1998 by one Sikorsky S-76 (Blackhawk?).

I heard that he wasn't going to meet with the families of British soldiers killed in Iraq. I think that's what they said on CNN. BlackHawk? Interesting because that is from the US. (Not American in deference to my northern and southern neighbors).

That would be this one I got from a Yahoo search since I know nothing about such stuff:

TAHV03P03_11.jpg

The military version of the S-76 is called the Blackhawk .... and it wouldn't surprise me if the machine for the Queen's Flight comes with a few "bells and whistles" common to military machines and uncommon to civilian machines.

Okay. Then it beats me on what that is but it doesn't look like it's military then.

But waht you're showing is a picture of the civilian version. How about if you trot out a sample of the military version ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 19th, 2003 - 10:54 am
But waht you're showing is a picture of the civilian version. How about if you trot out a sample of the military version ?
This is a S-70A. Is this what you had in mind?

Attachments

• bl_hawk21.jpg
    bl_hawk21.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 233
oops ... some differences in appearance between the S-70 and the S-76. ;)

Queen Elizabeth II with American President George Bush during a tour of the Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace, central London, Wednesday Nov. 19, 2003, at the start of the President's state visit to Britain. (AP Photo/Arthur Edwards, Pool)

U.S. President George W. Bush and Queen Elizabeth II view the Royal Collection of American Memorabilia in the Picture Gallery of Buckingham Palace November 19, 2003. President Bush today began a State Visit to Britain. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 381
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:
U.S. President George W. Bush ® walks through the Queen's Gallery at London's Buckingham Palace with Britain's Queen Elizabeth on the first day of the president's state visit to the UK, November 19, 2003. REUTERS/POOL/Jim Watson

U.S. President George W. Bush (L) walks through the Queen's Gallery at London's Buckingham Palace with Britain's Queen Elizabeth ® on the first day of the president's state visit to the UK, November 19, 2003. President Bush said on Wednesday that war was a justifiable tool to ward off aggression and that the United Nations must be willing to enforce its demands to remain relevant. He said he believed in international institutions such as the United Nations, which he bypassed to launch war on Iraq, but that the United Nations' credibility -- and viability -- depended on a willingness to keep its word and to act when necessary. REUTERS/POOL/Jim Watson

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 263
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 373
US President George W.Bush ® stands next to Britain's Queen Elizabeth II (L) in Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace in London during his state visit.(AFP/Jim Watson)

Queen Elizabeth II and President Bush look at a painting depicting Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, that was performed for Queen Victoria at Windsor, during a tour of the Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace, central London, Wednesday Nov. 19, 2003, at the start of the President's state visit to Britain. (AP Photo/Arthur Edwards, Pool)

Attachments

• b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 274
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 309
Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, that was performed for Queen Victoria at Windsor, and was viewed by Queen Elizabeth II and President Bush during a tour of the Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace, central London, Wednesday Nov. 19, 2003, at the start of the President's state visit to Britain. (AP Photo/Arthur Edwards, Pool)

Attachments

• b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 326
High profile : A mask of US President George W. Bush hangs from a pole as hundreds of anti-bush protesters march down the Mall to Buckingham Palace in London. (AFP/Jim Watson)
AFP - Nov 19 3:02 PM

Attachments

• b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 385
Anti-war protesters are held back on the Mall in London by police as they head towards Buckingham Palace where President Bush is staying during his four day state visit, Wednesday Nov. 19, 2003. (AP Photo/Richard Lewis)

Attachments

• pro1.jpg
    pro1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 326
Pres. Bush and Laura Bush shaking hands with The Queen and Prince Philip. I wonder why they didn't bow and curtsey?
capt.cdh10511191152.britain_bush_cdh105.jpg

U.S. President George W. Bush (news - web sites) and Britain's Queen Elizabeth II walk out for an official photo before the start of the State Banquet at Buckingham Palace in London Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2003. Bush is making a four-day state visit to Britain. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

Attachments

• din1.jpg
    din1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 330
U.S. President George W. Bush, left, and first lady Laura Bush, second right, stand with Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh for an official photo in the Music Room before the start of the State Banquet at Buckingham Palace in London Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2003. Bush is making a four-day state visit to Britain. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

Attachments

• din2.jpg
    din2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 372
Pres. Bush accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh while inspecting the troops. Nov. 19, 2003.
ch088240_guest.jpg

Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 19th, 2003 - 3:46 pm
Pres. Bush and Laura Bush shaking hands with The Queen and Prince Philip.  I wonder why they didn't bow and curtsey?
Doesn't the American Constitution state that "All men are created equal"? (Or, something similar - sorry, I'm not American).

So, they wouldn't bow or curtsey.. If they did, I doubt it would go down well in America?

I am watching the coverage of the state banquet on t.v. The Queen looks amazing and Her magnificent jewels are just sparkling in the light. The only other royals I see besides The Queen and Prince Philip are Prince Charles and Princess Anne, but I haven't seen the full scope of the events so other royals might be there.

Very nice pictures everybody.

The Queen didn't have the usual smile like she does with most state visits, but Tony Blair looked pleased as peach for the both of them I guess!

Hi!

I'm watching it too ACC!

Yes, Tony looks like the cat who got the cream.. :rolleyes:

You almost need sunglasses to look at the Queen!

Attachments

• din4.jpg
    din4.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 272
A view from outside the Buckingham Palace gates of the Official Welcome of President Bush and the First Lady of the United States. Nov. 19, 2003
Insight_Nov03_Gallery_Palace_Large.jpg

Does anybody know who some of the Americans that Bush will introduce at the dinner that he is hosting? Curious to know, who he thinks best represents the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom