State Visit from the President of the United States: May 24-26, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed everyone does look stunning.

Again, I wish there would be pictures of the other royals....the Gloucesters and the Kents.

Has anyone found a copy of Obama's speech? In it he supposedly makes a reference to Sasha and Malia riding in a carriage at Buck House.

Indeed everyone does look stunning.

Again, I wish there would be pictures of the other royals....the Gloucesters and the Kents.

Has anyone found a copy of Obama's speech? In it he supposedly makes a reference to Sasha and Malia riding in a carriage at Buck House.

President Obama's speech can be watched here. (If you live in the UK.)

President Obama's speech can be watched here. (If you live in the UK.)

The end is priceless :D:D The Queen and the Duke clearly see the funny side of it. Awww poor mr Obama feeling a little lonely with the glass in his hand...:p

@ Scarebaby-

At White tie affairs any married woman may wear a tiara i believe.

Thanks for posting everyone!!! Everyone looks wonderful.

What happened at the end of Mr. Obama's speech? He had a glass and no one else did. I felt so bad for him...oops.

Catherine looks awesome with that 10-day tan. :)

Anyone who thinks someone looks good with a tan to my mind has a warped sense of what looks good - why would anyone want to admire someone who is harming themselves with a deadly practice, such as tanning - tanning, like smoking, is dangerous to the health of the practioner.

Anyone who thinks someone looks good with a tan to my mind has a warped sense of what looks good - why would anyone want to admire someone who is harming themselves with a deadly practice, such as tanning - tanning, like smoking, is dangerous to the health of the practioner.

Yes, it's a deadly practice!
I'm surprised Catherine does this, she should know better.
Not only will she have skin damage and wrinkles, she will dry out her skin and look years older than she needs to!

Wow, after watching Obama's speech I'm a little ashamed to call him my President. First he only addressed the Prime minister and other distinguished guests half way through the speech, the proper way would have been to start; "Your majesty, your highness', Mr. Prime Minister, distinguished guests, ladies and gentleman." Then because of his not so formal approach to a very formal speech the band started playing because he proposed his toast, then kept on talking, then instead of realizing his mistake he didn't respect the British National Anthem he just kept talking. Then in the middle of the national anthem goes and tries to toast with the Queen. What a shame!

Everyone looks beautiful! Who is the woman on Kevin Spacey's left? It looks like she's wearing a small tiara-like headdress...I thought that was verboten?

Michelle Obama looks stunning. But I am not a fan of that gigantic tiara that Camilla wears so often. It's just too big.

I haven't seen a photograph of Kevin Spacey but according to The Mail, the Countess of Wessex was seated next to him. Could she be the woman to his left? And I thought for such as an occasion like a state dinner in Buckingham Palace, if you have a tiara, wear it!

To be fair, its kinda hard to go on honeymoon in the middle of an island surrounded by nice beaches and blue skies and not get a little sunkissed :)

Yes, it's a deadly practice!
I'm surprised Catherine does this, she should know better.
Not only will she have skin damage and wrinkles, she will dry out her skin and look years older than she needs to!

Michelle looks amazing. I love her dress. I also really like Camilla's outfit.

It seems the band started playing before Obama finished his speech.

To be fair, its kinda hard to go on honeymoon in the middle of an island surrounded by nice beaches and blue skies and not get a little sunkissed :)

It is quite easy actually - wear appropriate sun cream - I do it every year.

Most Australians do because we are taught the dangers so much these days and people of my age will probably know people who have suffered, and in my case, died of skin cancer - directly attributable to tanning.

I agree with you :flowers:
Kate dress is classic and elegant, but Michelle's :eek:,she is high and big person for such a model of dress,IMO :)

Mrs. Obama's dress is "OK," but why is she wearing a pink jacket with an aqua dress?

But I am not a fan of that gigantic tiara that Camilla wears so often. It's just too big.

Actually, I think that Camilla wears the Boucheron tiara very well, much better than the Queen Mother did, in fact. I think she must be a little bigger.

I haven't seen a photograph of Kevin Spacey but according to The Mail, the Countess of Wessex was seated next to him. Could she be the woman to his left? And I thought for such as an occasion like a state dinner in Buckingham Palace, if you have a tiara, wear it!
She seated right to him, and she was wear her wedding tiara.
You may see, a little footage of The Countess and Spacey during the Queen's speech on BBC video :)

Iluvbertie said:

Most Australians do because we are taught the dangers so much these days and people of my age will probably know people who have suffered, and in my case, died of skin cancer - directly attributable to tanning.

As a 26 year old who had surgery to remove skin cancer last week, I concur. A little tan can't be totally avoided all the time, but we should be past the point where we think it's attractive or healthy looking. I prefer the Duchess with her normal skin tone.

I wear sun cream and I still tan. How about we allow Catherine to take care of herself and not jump down her throat. She is in control of her body, no one else. And she doesn't look very tanned to me.

I like the tiara on Duchess of Cornwall, and I think she looks great overall on this occasion.

I wear sun cream and I still tan. How about we allow Catherine to take care of herself and not jump down her throat. She is in control of her body, no one else. And she doesn't look very tanned to me.

I will not stop warning people here and elsewhere about the dangers of a tan.

If you still tan wearing sun cream then your cream isn't strong enough or isn't being used properly.

Any tan is dangerous and I don't apologise for saying so.

All the royal ladies look beautiful this evening. So classy, so elegant, so just....well, they know how to do it right, modest, kind, self-depreciating, and very neutral. You fine people of Great Britain are so lucky to have her as Queen. I am quite envious.

Lady Marmalade said:
All the royal ladies look beautiful this evening. So classy, so elegant, so just....well, they know how to do it right, modest, kind, self-depreciating, and very neutral. You fine people of Great Britain are so lucky to have her as Queen. I am quite envious.

Agreed. I also love the tiara choices for this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom