State Visit from the President of Singapore: October 21-24, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Ella Kay/The Court Jeweller on Twitter, the Queen is wearing the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland tiara tonight, together with the Queen Victoria Necklace and her Singaporean order.

Ella Kay ‏@courtjeweller 4 min
Hearing that the Queen, as many predicted, wore the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland Tiara at tonight's state banquet.

I thought this was dark blue (only gloves and handbag black)? And you don´t wear a pink rose on your hat when you attend a funeral, don´t you?
I think the Queen looks very elegant. You just shouldn´t wear pastel colours anymore when you´re approaching your 90th birthday in less than 2 years...:whistling:

I agree - I think she is in Navy with a pretty pink accent and looked oh so elegant

Is that Princess Alexandra in the rear of the photo?

Are Charles and Camilla not there? I see Sophie at the top table as Anne isn't there.

Charles and Camilla didn't attend and Anne is in Australia.

Here you go windsorgirl; :)

@BritishMonarchy: Chefs in the Royal kitchens work seamlessly together to create tonight's Singapore State Banquet… Instagram

@BritishMonarchy: Before and after: The table is transformed for tonight's #Singapore #StateVisit banquet hosted by The Queen http://t.co/znKLZjG0hD

@BritishMonarchy: Let there be music... The piano waits to be played ahead of tonight's Singapore #StateVisit banquet Instagram

@BritishMonarchy: The table is set ready for the #Singapore #StateVisit banquet which will be held at Buckingham Palace later tonight http://t.co/cdG2im8vNx

The very ones, thank you, Lumutqueen! One of the captions the other day stated that viewers had "got(ten) in touch with suggestions of things you'd like to see more of" and the Palace is obliging. I find the preparations almost as fascinating as the tiaras.

TLLK,
It looks like Princess Alexandra is in the picture behind the Queen.

I read, the royals attending the banquet were The Queen & Prince Philip; The Duke of Kent and his sister Princess Alexandra and The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester.

TLLK,

I read, the royals attending the banquet were The Queen & Prince Philip; The Duke of Kent and his sister Princess Alexandra and The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester.

As well as The Duke of York and The Earl and Countess of Wessex. Sophie was on the Queen's table as the senior Royal lady as Anne and Camilla were absent.

Are you me? Exactly the same here :(

There will soon be some simple explanation for why we are wrong (and not putting a negative angle on our expert searching :))

I was also wondering why Charles has not been seen for sometime.

Charles and Camilla might attend the funeral of the Duke of Marborough this Friday before flying to Columbia.

As well as The Duke of York and The Earl and Countess of Wessex. Sophie was on the Queen's table as the senior Royal lady as Anne and Camilla were absent.

Can you please post links to the pictures/video?

Thanks

Never mind found it in Edward & Sophie's.

Last edited:
Can you please post links to the pictures/video?

Thanks

Never mind found it in Edward & Sophie's.

I don't think there are any videos of the banquet. Sophie is near the Queen as a senior royal lady was needed so she took the place of Camilla. She used to do that before Camilla married Charles as prior to that Sophie was ahead of Anne in seniority, until it was changed by the Queen when Camilla joined the family.

Last edited:
I don't think there are any videos of the banquet. Sophie is near the Queen as a senior royal lady was needed so she took the place of Camilla.

Yeah, if William & Catherine attended, Catherine would be sitting next to the President and The Queen.

Yeah, if William & Catherine attended, Catherine would be sitting next to the President and The Queen.

Yes and Andrew wouldn't be at the top table either.

Any pictures of Andrew, Edward, The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra and the Duke of Kent at the table?

If the royals posed like they used to, you would be able to see very clear pictures of everyone. Senior members of the royal family used to pose for pictures with The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh and the Heads of State at the State Banquets. They don't do it anymore but hopefully they will return to doing so in the next reign.

I think the royal YouTube site will publish the speeches.

It's Princess Michael in that picture. She and her husband might not have been mentioned as attending but I guarantee that when the names are published of who attended in the court circular they will be on it because that is a clear picture of her and the dress she's wearing I've seen her in a few times before as well.

It's Princess Michael in that picture. She and her husband might not have been mentioned as attending but I guarantee that when the names are published of who attended in the court circular they will be on it because that is a clear picture of her and the dress she's wearing I've seen her in a few times before as well.

That is definitely Sophie seated near the Queen. It's the same dress she wore to Princess Madeleine's wedding last year.

TLLK,

Thank you.

Not necessarily - last year there was an official event that clearly had pictures of Andrew attending and yet he wasn't listed in the CC. All the rest of the family were mentioned but he wasn't.

I don't think there are any videos of the banquet. Sophie is near the Queen as a senior royal lady was needed so she took the place of Camilla. She used to do that before Camilla married Charles as prior to that Sophie was ahead of Anne in seniority, until it was changed by the Queen when Camilla joined the family.

That 'change' only ever affected private events when only the females were present.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that the Cambridge's used the Scottish State Coach yesterday. Like it was a nod to Scotland staying in the UK.

I think with the chance of bad weather they went with the covered carriages. The Aussie and the new Diamond Jubilee coach were used by Philip and the Queen, which makes sense since they are the newest and most smooth ride. The ride in the Scottish might not be too bad since that is one the Queen and Philip used for the Cambridges wedding. The worst carriage for ride is apparent the gold state coach that they used at coronations. Maybe that's why isn't wasn't hauled out for the diamond jubilee.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The royal couple, the presidential couple and all the other guests looked abfab at the State Banquet. The venue however is arch-ugly. I know that taste is in the eye of the beholder and no insult intended, but all that frou-frou here and frou-frou there, the furniture shattered over the place, the carpets here and the carpets there and that organ in the banqueting hall. No..., when I think about the usual venues of the other European monarchies, then the banqueting hall at Buckingham Palace is really the ugliest in style and interior.

The British however also have one of the most beautiful and impressive banqueting halls (St. George's Hall at Windsor Castle). That loooong table is impressively amazing. Only minus there are the hideous lampshades on the immense candelabras, seems unique, one does not see these lampshades outside the UK (real candles are preferred).

:flowers:

I think Buckingham Palace would really get a revamp when a skillful hand re-decorates the palace ("Less is more") and is able to remove the pile of antique. After all: one fantastic pendule with two vases on a table in a large room attracts all attention. Four fantastic pendules with two vases each in one room, fighting for attention with three sofas, four side-tables, two pianos, a chamber-screen and two sculptures are 'drowning' in a cluttered and congested room. Empty those rooms! Store the items in depôts and rotate! Other monarchies do and it looks so much better. Just an advice.

Last edited:
I believe for a state visit you get to pick your venue of BP or Windsor. They might be a bit sensitive after the fire at Windsor to use real candles on a table. BP hasn't be redecorated since Edward VII.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom