State Visit from the President of Singapore: October 21-24, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pregnant Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge first public appearance since royal baby | Royal | News | Daily Express
THE DUCHESS of Cambridge has made her first public appearance since news of her second pregnancy was announced.

After several weeks of severe morning sickness, Kate Middleton joined husband Prince William to welcome the President of Singapore to the UK this morning.

Dressed in a grey Alexander McQueen dress complete with a Jane Taylor hat, Kate looked slightly under the weather, as she met the Singaporean president Tony Tan Keng Yam at the Royal Garden Hotel in London during his four-day state visit.

^^^ Yes the tabloids love having Kate out and about. I think she looks great today, maybe a little tired but that's to be expected.

Video:
The President of the Republic of Singapore, accompanied by Mrs Tony Tan Keng Yam, have paid a State Visit to the United Kingdom as the guests of Her Majesty The Queen, from Tuesday to Friday this week. .

Home - ITNSource News

William & Catherine seem to be very impressed with the new Diamond Jubilee Coach.

Last edited:
Pity that the Queen is in black, looks like she is attending a funeral. Catherine looks lovely and it's great seeing her looking well.

Pity that the Queen is in black, looks like she is attending a funeral. Catherine looks lovely and it's great seeing her looking well.

I thought this was dark blue (only gloves and handbag black)? And you don´t wear a pink rose on your hat when you attend a funeral, don´t you?
I think the Queen looks very elegant. You just shouldn´t wear pastel colours anymore when you´re approaching your 90th birthday in less than 2 years...:whistling:

Last edited:
I thought this was dark blue (only gloves and handbag black)? And you don´t wear a pink rose on your hat when you attend a funeral, don´t you?
I think the Queen looks very elegant. You just shouldn´t wear pastel colours anymore when you´re approaching your 90th birthday in less than 2 years...:whistling:

Ah but HM, when she smiles, is forever young. I think she looks totally divine in pastels.

I think the reason for the darker colors could be the season. Pastels, I think, are more spring and summery.

Ah but HM, when she smiles, is forever young. I think she looks totally divine in pastels.

I think the reason for the darker colors could be the season. Pastels, I think, are more spring and summery.
I agree though I like the contrast with the navy blue and the pink accents. From viewing the photos from BP it appears that her dress has a pink background with a floral print.

Kate shares excitement at comeback as William jokes with VIP visitors: 'You can probably see into our bedroom'
Hellomagazine.com

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 18 secs19 seconds ago

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, @TheDukeOfYork and The Earl & Countess of Wessex are attending the banquet #StateVisit

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 20 secs21 seconds ago

Also joining tonight's #StateVisit celebrations are The Duke of Kent, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra

No Charles & Camilla? There was no sign of them this morning either. Perhaps they are having a private holiday in South America in advance of the official tour.

Someone said on Twitter Camilla is at a spa? Apparently she needs time acclimate to the heat of Columbia.

Last edited:
State visit of the President of Singapore: 21-24 October 2014

Camilla is at her sons book launch this evening.

@RoyalCentral: The Duchess of Cornwall is attending her son's book launch tonight at Fortnum and Mason.

Someone said on Twitter Camilla is at a spa? Apparently she needs time acclimate to the heat of Columbia.

DoC was in Birmingham yesterday :)bang: if I had remembered I would have gone) but doesn't mean she isn't in spa or at least on her way

What????????

We don't seem to have seen any events for PoW for a while :ermm:

(I had been thinking that but I am hopeless with remembering things and to see someone else saying the same thing is rather worrying)

We don't seem to have seen any events for PoW for a while :ermm:

(I had been thinking that but I am hopeless with remembering things and to see someone else saying the same thing is rather worrying)

Yesterday I checked multiple sources and could find nothing since Oct. 2.

Yesterday I checked multiple sources and could find nothing since Oct. 2.

Are you me? Exactly the same here :(

There will soon be some simple explanation for why we are wrong (and not putting a negative angle on our expert searching :))

Last edited:
I've been wanting to mention that the official Instagram account of "The British Monarchy" has been posting some behind the scenes pictures of the state visit (table settings, floral arrangements), if you're into that sort of thing. I'm not sure I can link to it, but you can follow them if you have the app.:flowers:

Here you go windsorgirl; :)

@BritishMonarchy: Chefs in the Royal kitchens work seamlessly together to create tonight's Singapore State Banquet… http://t.co/HVgpQhTMU5

@BritishMonarchy: Before and after: The table is transformed for tonight's #Singapore #StateVisit banquet hosted by The Queen http://t.co/znKLZjG0hD

@BritishMonarchy: Let there be music... The piano waits to be played ahead of tonight's Singapore #StateVisit banquet http://t.co/DN2MHM9H8Y

@BritishMonarchy: The table is set ready for the #Singapore #StateVisit banquet which will be held at Buckingham Palace later tonight http://t.co/cdG2im8vNx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom