The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Queen's speech at the state banquet.

Gallery of images of Mexican-related items on display at Buckingham Palace shown to the President and First Lady.

I must say, the Mexican First Lady knows how to dress. Both her day outfit and her evening gown are fabulous.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Well if you bring your very own magnifying glass, you can ALMOST see the Duchess of Gloucester (in red) and the Duchess of Cornwall (in white).

General view of President of Mexico Enrique Pena Nieto and Queen... Photo d'actualité | Getty Images

Old 03-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Andrew was also there
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...Fh510x757l.jpg
Old 03-03-2015, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the CC:

3rd March
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh gave a State Banquet this evening in honour of The President of the United Mexican States and Señora Angélica Rivera de Peña at which The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of York, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and The Duke of Kent were present.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

Video from the state banquet.

Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix
Old 03-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Anne in White two piece in the background here: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5420347717.jpg

In that same image, the footperson behind Phillip has been wearing this oversize livery since the jubilee year. Every time I see her in the background I cringe. I just had to share that.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Mexican First Lady is stunning. And the queen wears the same tired dress ad infinitum. And get rid of the gloves. Gloves at dinner??
Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
The Mexican First Lady is stunning.
I have no doubt Prince Philip enjoyed his evening.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen presented The President of the United Mexican States with the Insignia of an Honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Civil Division of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely to see Queen Alexandra's Kokoshink Tiara out of the vaults. It's been awhile and I don't remember the last time HM has worn it TBH. Phillip also looks amazing these days and appeared to really hit it off w/the FLOM.

There's a real sense of old friends getting back together and having a blast w/each other coming from these pictures. Great to see.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Royal Highness

How many of their daughters came to the U.K.?

Are the four females sitting on the sofa their daughters? If so which is which?

Is this information correct?

Angélica Sofía born 1996 age 18-19 (hers)
Paulina born 1996 age 18-19 (his)
Fernanda born 1995 age 14-15 (hers)
Nicole born 2001 age 13-14 (his)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5403396248.jpg

Thanks
Old 03-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
The Mexican First Lady is stunning. And the queen wears the same tired dress ad infinitum. And get rid of the gloves. Gloves at dinner??

Oh yes! The Queen and some other female royals usually wear gloves for evening banquets. Of course it's taken off for dinner. It's just elegant. The Queen view many of her dresses for events like this as a uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Anne in White two piece in the background here: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5420347717.jpg

In that same image, the footperson behind Phillip has been wearing this oversize livery since the jubilee year. Every time I see her in the background I cringe. I just had to share that.
Many of those uniforms are expensive, so many of the staff just have to find a uniform that'll fit or nearly fit

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Majesty

Angelica's style was impeccable on this visit. The white outfit is so beautiful, and the red dress is stunning!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:54 AM
Majesty

I would have to agree, her white coatdress offset with navy accessories was very elegant and her little blue hat was especially gorgeous. Her red evening gown is very beautiful but made more so by her excellent deportment. She appears to have perfect poise.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneugeba View Post
I have no doubt Prince Philip enjoyed his evening.

Rather unnecessary.

First Lady of Mexico looks stunning! Her demeanour is so elegant. I love that they brought their daughters along as well.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Royal Highness

Old 03-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Gloves were always de rigueur during State Banquets.

Three gloved ladies

Two gloved ladies

One gloved lady

Old 03-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
How many of their daughters came to the U.K.?

Are the four females sitting on the sofa their daughters? If so which is which?

Is this information correct?

Angélica Sofía born 1996 age 18-19 (hers)
Paulina born 1996 age 18-19 (his)
Fernanda born 1995 age 14-15 (hers)
Nicole born 2001 age 13-14 (his)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5403396248.jpg

Thanks
Indeed, those are their daughters. They have a total of 6 children: 2 girls and a boy are his + 3 girls are hers.

Which is which? I think it is, from left to right: Fernanda (hers), Nicole (his), Paulina (his) and Sofia (hers), but I'm not sure.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

Stunning First Lady! Mexico, you are so lucky! Her dress matched her husband's Order of the Bath. What an elegant state dinner.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
Stunning First Lady! Mexico, you are so lucky! Her dress matched her husband's Order of the Bath. What an elegant state dinner.
Well... it is a distraction from the deep, deep, deep problems Mexico faces, where the state more and more looses its grip on society and "maintaining the law" has almost become city-guerrillas. The President and his wife are under constant threat of drug cartels, gangs and mafia-like oranizations. For the couple these are "some days off" from their immensely troubled office.