State Visit from the President of France: March 26-27, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:whistling:The programme is arrived!
Media Centre > Event highlights > French State Visit, March 2008

Two big points for me:

-The presidential couple will be greeted by The Pow and the Doc at Heathrow. (Good news, but i assume we can expect some more or less tasteful articles from Mr Kay and his happy brigade from our favorite newspaper. In France too, by the way, we will see some nasty comments about this meeting, for sure :ermm:).

-As expected no return dinner. Ouch:ohmy:

Ready to fall off your chair?:D

From the official website of the french presidency Elysee.fr | Présidence de la République

Programme of the state visit

26th march

"Déjeuner offert par Sa Majesté la Reine ELIZABETH II et Sa Majesté Royale le Duc d'Edimbourg, en l'honneur de M. le Président de la République et Madame Carla SARKOZY"

"Lunch offered by her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II and his Royal Majesty the duc of Edimburg...."

Well one mistake...ok

But..

27th

"Arrivée de M. le Président de la République et Madame Carla SARKOZY pour le dîner à Guildhall. Accueil par M. David LEWIS, Lord-Maire de Londres, ainsi que par Le Prince RICHARD, Duc de Gloucester et la Princesse ALICE, Duchesse de Gloucester"

"Dinner at the Guildhall. The President and Mrs Sarkozy will be greeted by the Lord Mayor, the Prince Richard, Duc of Gloucester and Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester"(oh really?:ghost:)

ewwwww:lol:

Mmmm and our protocol service is "one of the best in the world" mmmmm:ROFLMAO:

Maybe it's just as well that this visit won't be lasting all that long or we could end up with the whole royal family being rechristened and retitled.:eek:

Oh my .... Now, I'm more than ashamed of my country. Seriously. If they can't even put their title right and see that they actually named a dead in the people to meet, I wonder how it will turn out.

Perhaps they expected Princess Alice to resuscitate for Easter ...

One starts thinking perhaps this administration is making a deliberate show of contempt for this visit. Having agreed to it begrudgingly.

I kind of wish Her Majesty suddenly came down with the "flu".

Last edited:
I see the itenary for tomorrow has been release, but not the details of who is going to the state banquet. Aren't those details normally realeased?

We never usually get told who will be at the banquet aside from the Queen and the DoE. Usually Charles and Camilla, Anne and Alexandra.

Well, just by Thursday or Friday we would know. As you may have forget the use of the Court Circular on the British Monarchy site, it would help all for that issue.

I'ts coming indeed...

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Some stuff about the visit:

-Mrs Sarkozy will be dressed by Dior.
-All the "Sarkozy Sirens" will be present: Rama Yade, minister of human rights, Michelle Alliot Marie, minister of interior and the gorgeous Rachida Daty, minister of jutice.
-Mr Sarkozy will meet at Buckingham Place, in the audience cabinet of the Queen, some members of the british politic life.
-Mr Sarkozy is the first french head of state since the Emperor Napoleon III in 1855 to be welcomed at Windsor for a state visit (The Chiracs visit in 2004 was a "special visit", not a state one).

It seems so sad they almost want him and his wife to fail at this. For all the talk about their pasts, one must look no further than the British Royal Family...and their pasts!! Especially the Queen's OWN children's behavior.

So they are all human and have lived their own lives. This does not mean he will make a fool of himself and Madame Sarkozy will do the same too. I am sure it will all come off without a hitch.

But, I am, like most you so damn curious as to how everything will unfold tomorrow...

Oh my .... Now, I'm more than ashamed of my country. Seriously. If they can't even put their title right and see that they actually named a dead in the people to meet, I wonder how it will turn out.

Perhaps they expected Princess Alice to resuscitate for Easter ...

I was drinking water and just spit it out from laughing so hard!! Thank you for this!!

It seems so sad they almost want him and his wife to fail at this. For all the talk about their pasts, one must look no further than the British Royal Family...and their pasts!! Especially the Queen's OWN children's behavior.

So they are all human and have lived their own lives. This does not mean he will make a fool of himself and Madame Sarkozy will do the same too. I am sure it will all come off without a hitch.

But, I am, like most you so damn curious as to how everything will unfold tomorrow...

You're right but I doubt Christie's would have offered a nude picture of princesses Anne or Margaret for auction right before the princesses were to appear before the queen....

Isn't Viscount Linley somehow connected to Christie's? Couldn't he have stop this auction then in order to spare his aunt's feelings?

One view of Mrs Sarkozy the Queen will not be seeing: Carla's fury as Christie's tout nude photo on eve of state visit to Britain | the Daily Mail

Watching the arrival live on BBC News 24. Queen looking very smiley and lovely in a tweedy overcoat with pretty matching brown hat set with a spray of purple, brown, pink and black feathers. Star diamond brooch. Duke of Edinburgh very dapper. All pomp and circumstance going on at the moment, lots of crowds. Bands are playing "Chorus of the Slaves" for some reason. Carla Bruni in a very cute grey dress suit with a very sexy pillbox hat. Camilla in brown with leopard trim and feathers. Totally upstages Ms Bruni it has to be said. Kisses between the Queen and Charles, Queen and Camilla, DoE and Camilla. Curtsey for the Queen from Carla but not for the DoE.

Just seen a photo on the BBC site and Carla looks quite frumpy imo.

The coat looks a bit like an old sack it has to be said. They've just said that as the President doesn't speak good English, the Queen and he are conversing in French.

I'm watching the BBC coverage too.
The Queen does indeed look lovely and I'm impressed by Carla's outfit too - understated, not at all flashy and yet very elegant.
I love events like this. The UK does pomp and ceremony with great aplomb.:)

Live from Windsor...

The Queen is welcoming Mr and Mrs Sakozy. I must say that all ladies are very elegant:
-The Queen in a pale rose outfit
-Camilla in her well knomn leopard one, hat included.
-And Mrs Sarkozy in a uber elegant jackie Kennedy's style outfit, even with the pills box hat...

Carla is so beautiful and elegant !!! Just perfect . I would have prefered her outfit with high heels though .

Watching the parade...
Ah these English people, they know what the word "royal" means.
About Mrs Sarkozy: elegantissime, epitome of the image of a first lady. Maybe a little to much, she really looks like Jackie Kennedy, almost a caricature....

I like her coat, she's very elegant. :flowers: But I don't like a hat and hairstyle.

Everone looks very lovely. Carla is very pretty, and I love her outfit, though I'm not so crazy about the hat.

All the ladies looked very nice, in different styles.:flowers:

I would have prefered her outfit with high heels though .

Carla is not supposed to wear high heels, she's already taller than her husband...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom