State Visit from the President of China: October 20-23, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
there's some big implications for britain on this visit. the chinese and brits are in talks for some huge investment from china in UK, so my guess is that we will see much more pomp and circumstance in this visit than in the recent visit from mexico. in my opinion, that includes high ranking royals attending, so i believe we have a good chance of seeing W+K.

But, has this visit at least officially announced? I guess there isn't much to say until more details come out...

More details will be released more closer to the time of the event.

Yes, I know.

I don't think you were who she was referring to. There was a question asked in the post before yours if the Visit has been officially confirmed.

Although it's good to know you know it's been confirmed. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I do hope the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall fully take part in the state visit, as they usually do for visiting guests.

I do hope the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall fully take part in the state visit, as they usually do for visiting guests.
Appearantly, rumour says they will be welcoming the visitors but be replaced with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the banquet. Still just rumor though, but it makes sense that at least D&DofCam will be there, I don't know how it will be with PoW and DoCorn.

Appearantly, rumour says they will be welcoming the visitors but be replaced with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the banquet. Still just rumor though, but it makes sense that at least D&DofCam will be there, I don't know how it will be with PoW and DoCorn.

Perhaps, with Charles' well known friendship with the Dalai Lama and having some issues with Chinese human rights, being there to welcome the Chinese representatives is a subtle way to show that although he may not agree with some things, he can put that behind him when it comes to state matters. Having Will and Kate at the state banquet makes so much sense as Will has already started to form a good working relationship from his visit to China earlier this year.

I see it as a win/win situation.

Perhaps, with Charles' well known friendship with the Dalai Lama and having some issues with Chinese human rights, being there to welcome the Chinese representatives is a subtle way to show that although he may not agree with some things, he can put that behind him when it comes to state matters. Having Will and Kate at the state banquet makes so much sense as Will has already started to form a good working relationship from his visit to China earlier this year.

I see it as a win/win situation.
Exactly! I mean... they need someone to build that relationship since the Queen (sadly) won't be here forever. So I think it will be more sucsessful in the long haul for William to be the main part in thaat relationship since he's more diplomatic than his father.

I do hope the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall fully take part in the state visit, just as they usually do.

Charles has a history of confrontatiion with the Chinese regime that makes his presence controversial. Although iI personally think the Prince is right in his past reservations about China, it is yet another example of "Charles being political".

Charles has a history of confrontatiion with the Chinese regime that makes his presence controversial. Although iI personally think the Prince is right in his past reservations about China, it is yet another example of "Charles being political".
Exactly. This is not a question about if he's right or not. The royal family are used by the government as lure candy and olive branches, which is a big part of their job. The queen have smilingly shaked hands with ALOT of bad people, in an effort to smooth roads for the government. Both William and Charles have their problems, but as I see it, William is better at the "appearing non-threatening" part that is needed in these cases.

Imo Prince Charles is professional enough to deal appropriately with the Chinese President and delegation in a diplomatic and official situation. And the Chinese President knows that many in the Western world are unhappy about the human rights situation in China. So expect him too to be able to deal with a diplomatic situation where he is to meet Prince Charles.

As much as I'd like to see the Cambridges at the visit, until now it's all rumours. I won't believe it until I see their attendance announced on the official calendar.

Imo Prince Charles is professional enough to deal appropriately with the Chinese President and delegation in a diplomatic and official situation. And the Chinese President knows that many in the Western world are unhappy about the human rights situation in China. So expect him too to be able to deal with a diplomatic situation where he is to meet Prince Charles.

As much as I'd like to see the Cambridges at the visit, until now it's all rumours. I won't believe it until I see their attendance announced on the official calendar.
I think as well that he will be able to handle it face to face with them! I just think with the baggage, it can be a bit hard. But I mean... he managed to be in the same place as Putin after comparing him to Hitler... so :p

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Presidents of USA & China have made a joint commitment to combat wildlife trafficking incl. bans on ivory sales http://1.usa.gov/1iQkyJt

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke raised the issue of the fight against the Illegal Wildlife Trade with Xi and @POTUS in the past year

Kensington palace just posted this. I don't know if this would be the right place to post it... so jusst move it if I'm wrong. But I have a hunch this will have something to do with the state visit.

I think the Foreign Office has had a word...

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
This month Prince Charles didn't meet @DalaiLama when he was in the UK. Next month, the Chinese President will be here.

In 1999 Prince Charles boycotted a return state banquet in London, hosted by the Chinese.

When Prince Charles last met @DalaiLama in 2012 he called the prince the "best of friends".

If the Chinese want to be all huffy that is their prerogative, personally I'm proud that the Prince of Wales stands by his conscience and defends the oppressed Tibetans and his friend HH the Dalai Lama.

I also hope the Prince and Princess of Wales do attend the Banquet given by his mother.

When are we going to know who is attending? I would imagine we won't find out until pics of the State Banquet come out...

When are we going to know who is attending? I would imagine we won't find out until pics of the State Banquet come out...
I've been wondering about this as well... I have no clue how it's usually done. Does anyone know if we get to know who will be at state visits before the event? I can't remember.... If it is unusual to not know it by now it might be because there is still discussions about it.

I've been wondering about this as well... I have no clue how it's usually done. Does anyone know if we get to know who will be at state visits before the event? I can't remember.... If it is unusual to not know it by now it might be because there is still discussions about it.

I think I might be confused... I thought about the Diplomat's dinner in 2013, when the pics showed the royals inside their cars, going to the dinner. And thats's was about that...

But I guess, a state visit is something bigger, or it works different... so...:ermm:

I think I might be confused... I thought about the Diplomat's dinner in 2013, when the pics showed the royals inside their cars, going to the dinner. And thats's was about that...

But I guess, a state visit is something bigger, or it works different... so...:ermm:
Yeah... those are not photographed. State visits are both the Welcoming part (which was the one Kate and William was on when she was pregnant) and also a banquet on the same day. The banquet is usually a few pictures of the queen and some of the other royals and guests, but not very many. Or at least that's how I've understood it with my limited knowledge :p

Yeah... those are not photographed. State visits are both the Welcoming part (which was the one Kate and William was on when she was pregnant) and also a banquet on the same day. The banquet is usually a few pictures of the queen and some of the other royals and guests, but not very many. Or at least that's how I've understood it with my limited knowledge :p

It is such a pity, as state banquets are the most entertaining and glam events for royal watchers: dresses, blig bling, tiaras, orders etc:flowers:

If the Chinese want to be all huffy that is their prerogative, personally I'm proud that the Prince of Wales stands by his conscience and defends the oppressed Tibetans and his friend HH the Dalai Lama.

I also hope the Prince and Princess of Wales do attend the Banquet given by his mother.

i agree, i am proud that charles actually stands by his beliefs and those of the oppressed, both in tibet and in china with a really bad human rights record, and does not just 'put on a nice face' because he has to and because china is bringing money into the UK. if the UK, being such a powerful country, doesn't do this, then who will? i applaud charles and his boldness. it's important to be diplomatic being royal, but it is also important to take on the advantage of your position to denounce what isn't right in benefit of the whole world. if not them, who?

[my bolding]
After opium wars and other dirty things committed by British in China, Prince Charles has no right to pass judgments on China.

It is such a pity, as state banquets are the most entertaining and glam events for royal watchers: dresses, blig bling, tiaras, orders etc:flowers:

State Banquets is one the most beautiful events that takes place on the official royal calendar. It really make no sense on whatsoever why this grand event isn't photographed and videoed well. Years ago, the senior royals posed for an official photograph with the visiting Head of State at the State Banquet. That was stopped in the early 80's, I think.

I think the Cambridge's will be attending, but the only pictures we might get is them arriving by car, and blurry images of the banqueting table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom