The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-15-2015, 02:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
It's a difference though. Anne is a "blood royal" (I hate that term...). Have Tim been there without her?

I wonder (honestly, does anyone know?) has Sophie been at a state banquet without Edward?
The Queen Mother attended State Banquets in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s without a husband and she was not a blood royal.

She was the 2nd most important member of the RF.

Camilla has 10 years attending State Banquets.

She is not a novice.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
The Queen Mother attended State Banquets in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s without a husband and she was not a blood royal.

She was the 2nd most important member of the RF.

Camilla has 10 years attending State Banquets.

She is not a novice.
I didn't mean anything about it. Just that it felt very unlikely. The Queen mother somehow doesn't count :P hahah

But Camilla being there would have been odd, it would really highlight Charles NOT being there. So I think it's smarter for her not to go if he doesn't go.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Don't know if this covers your question but it isn't about a relationship with China, its about understanding the technology and industrial sector, which Andrew does.

look at my post #96 on this thread
Thanks. It was the number 95!
Old 10-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
The situation is completely different. First, the Queen Mother was also the dowager queen. Second, she didn't have a husband to attend the banquets with her.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 18 mins18 minutes ago
BBC News - Prince Charles and his complex relationship with China

Quote:
When, next week, the Queen invites her guests in the Buckingham Palace ballroom to stand and toast the People's Republic of China there will be one notable absentee from the state banquet.

The Prince of Wales. This country's next hereditary head of state. The man yet to set foot on the soil of mainland China.

But this isn't an outright princely boycott. The reality is more complex.

When it comes to actively avoiding showcase set pieces involving Chinese leaders, Prince Charles has form.

He didn't turn up to one in 1999. He chose instead to dine with the then Camilla Parker Bowles.
Read more: Prince Charles and his complex relationship with China - BBC News
Old 10-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
By his absence, Prince Charles clearly wants to send some sort of signal.
Yes, and I agree with him.

Quote:
One day, when destiny dawns, the king-in-waiting's freedom to send such signals will disappear.
Yes, and he knows that.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

The Dukes of Cambridge will participate at the banquet at Buckingham Palace?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The Dukes of Cambridge will participate at the banquet at Buckingham Palace?
There are no confirmation on them attending the state banquet (not routinely announced), but I think it's very likely that they will be there.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:12 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

There was a rehearsal for the carriage procession overnight in London:
Getty Images gallery
Old 10-16-2015, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

That procession by night looks wonderful. Imagine the red gala uniforms instead of the drab regular uniforms, and I think they should invent an event for a night time procession just for the looks of it.

On a more serious note: Do they usually rehearse the carriage procession before each SV, or is it something done only for the more important visits?

Old 10-16-2015, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

All of them are rehearsed. Not just carriage processions for state visits but everything else as well. Its a regular occurrence to see horses on the streets of London or Windsor rehearsing some sort of state or ceremonial occasion.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

The procession rehearsal at night looked amazing, especially the pictures outside Buckingham Palace.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

The procession at night looks really great. Pity that we will most likely not see a real carriage procession with members of the Rf at night.
I remeber there was also a rehearsal at night some days before the Cambrdige Wedding in 2011.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

I've seen Princess Michael attend state banquets without her husband. In recent years I saw a picture of her arriving in her car accompanied by her lady in waiting because I think the prince was out of the country. Can't remember who the foreign visitor was on that occasion.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

i just don't see how Camilla can attend without Charles. Where would she be seated? Her attendance would just magnify x10 Charles not being there.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually I don't think Charles and Camilla's absence from the state dinner will actually be a big deal to anyone there as there has been plenty of events scheduled for Charles and Camilla with the President and his wife during their visit to the UK.

From what I've seen so far, it seems they're really rolling out the red carpet for China's visit to the UK and that is a very positive thing.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Household Division @Householddiv
A video from this morning's State Visit rehearsal. #StateVisit

https://www.facebook.com/TheHousehol...20969988070235
Old 10-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Red flag of China flying high alongside Union Jack as Buckingham Palace prepares to welcome the Chinese President-
Buckingham Palace prepares to welcome China's President Xi Jinping | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-18-2015, 07:36 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Red flag of China flying high alongside Union Jack as Buckingham Palace prepares to welcome the Chinese President-
Buckingham Palace prepares to welcome China's President Xi Jinping | Daily Mail Online
Once again, the Daily Mail rates top notch when it comes to photography! I especially loved seeing the Queen's Coach lit up with its lanterns at night. It almost makes me wish the actual procession would be held at nighttime.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-18-2015, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

State Visits before as for the former President of Poland Lech W. the whole royals were there, the 3 Kents, the Gloucester .