The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke meets President Xi for the second time this year, having first met in Bejing in March #ChinaStateVisit

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...10915895033856

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
During their meeting The Duke and President Xi discussed their shared interest in combating the illegal wildlife trade #ChinaStateVisit

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke believes China can provide vital leadership to help prevent the extinction of some of the planet's most iconic endangered species.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The passionate speech and excuses on behalf of the British royal house are noted. You are fully entitled to your opinion. As stated previously, my opinion happens to be diametrically opposite.
His opinion is correct though. Queen Victoria was already a constitutional monarch who did not personally direct foreign policy or military operations. Maybe if you were talking about the era of Henry VIII or Elizabeth I, you would have a point.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
President Xi will sit down for a cup of tea with Prince Charles and Camilla this afternoon. The President and Madame Peng will be invited to view a display by The Prince's School for Traditional Arts and meet students, before joining Their Royal Highnesses for tea-

Home - ITNSource News

Chinese President Xi has said he believes his state visit will lift the friendly ties between China and the UK to "new heights". Speaking in parliament he said: "I am already deeply impressed by the vitality of China-UK relations and the profound friendship between our peoples.".
Home - ITNSource News

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 26m26 minutes ago
BBC live coverage of the banquet at 8.30 p.m.

Live: China's President attends state banquet at Buckingham Palace-
Live: China's President attends state banquet at Buckingham Palace with Kate Middleton and Jeremy Corbyn - Mirror Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 26m26 minutes ago
BBC live coverage of the banquet at 8.30 p.m.

Live: China's President attends state banquet at Buckingham Palace-
Live: China's President attends state banquet at Buckingham Palace with Kate Middleton and Jeremy Corbyn - Mirror Online
Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't miss a chance to meet Comrade Xi. Maybe the Labour leader will come to dinner in his full Mao uniform.

Just kidding of course.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

some protests
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/stat...13170270494720
Old 10-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Queen gives visiting Chinese president a collection of Shakespeare's sonnets - and receives two of Madame Peng's albums in return* | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Video: Watch live: China's President Xi-Jinping attends State banquet at Buckingham Palace - Telegraph

Queen welcomes China's President Xi Jinping

Old 10-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Video
Lavish welcome for Chinese leader on UK visit - BBC News

As Nicholas Witchell reports in this video and as another expert said on BBC earlier today ''this is about Xi Jinping wanting to be received and seen with the Queen''. He and the others communists who runs China are brutal dictators and as Charles previously said ''appalling old waxworks''.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Andrew looks very knowledgeable around the Chinese art exhibition at Buckingham Palace. Camilla, on the other hand, looks out of her league and Charles is unable to crack a smile.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

Kate's in Papyrus, red gown, hair up, and those chandelier earrings!

Picture on Twitter
Old 10-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
Kate's in Papyrus, red gown, hair up, and those chandelier earrings!

Picture on Twitter
Papyrus is a disappointment to me, but it looks like it will be her signature tiara for the time being.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Great choice, it's a lovely tiara. Wonder if she's wearing the RFO, hard to tell with this picture.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Looks like I was right predicting a red dress. Can't really tell though from the picture if its silk or not though. She does look gorgeous!

With wearing the papyrus tiara, it does look like its been returned to the Queen's vaults as I believe if it was still in the Linley's possession, Kate wouldn't have borrowed it twice. It suits her very nicely methinks.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Great choice, it's a lovely tiara. Wonder if she's wearing the RFO, hard to tell with this picture.
As the future queen, Catherine should wear more significant jewels. But, again, she cannot be seen in public overshadowing Camilla (the future princess consort).
Old 10-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Papyrus is a disappointment to me, but it looks like it will be her signature tiara for the time being.
We couldn't really expect that Catherine would wear a third tiara on her third tiara event. Imo she looked great with that updo. And the tiara is beautiful and suits her well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I am so curious to see if all the rumours about the RFO are true, and I think they are. But we have to wait for better pics to be sure.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Looks like I was right predicting a red dress. Can't really tell though from the picture if its silk or not though. She does look gorgeous!
I had the impression the dress was lace.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
We couldn't really expect that Catherine would wear a third tiara on her third tiara event.
Yes, we can only expect that from Maxima !
Old 10-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

The tiara is more visible on this picture.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5367869764.jpg
Old 10-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The tiara is more visible on this picture.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5367869764.jpg
Let's wait for a full view. Maybe it's just me, but she doesn't look so good at this picture.

PS: The Telegraph has resumed the live stream.