State Visit from the President of Brazil: March 7-9, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We haven't seen her standing up yet but I think that the tiara looks great on her.

Pic from Getty

the tiara was of the queen mother.

Yes, I believe it was one of her favourites and wore it often. Didnt she design it or had it made for her.

camilla only used queen mother's jewels?

Well what other jewels are available. Princess Margerets jewels went to her family. The other two royals who left jewels behind to the royal collection when they died where Diana and the Queen Mum. Since I dont think she will be wearing Dis jewels anytime soon it is rather unavoidable that she will wear jewels left by the Queen Mum.

diana used queen mary's jewels and camilla use queen mother jewels, and both were the queen mothers
queen mother's jewels was very formal.

Can we possibly leave Diana out of this? Just for once?

I just aks for the tiara

One more from getty

Less than one year married and already two huge tiaras pluss her own, very impressive, so far I thought the durbar looked better on her, hopefully we will get better pictures

Attachments

• 57019187.jpg
    57019187.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 721
In that pic the honeycomb looks really nice but up close I think the design of the Durbar is prettier.

I just aks for the tiara

I know but it just really gives me a headache when every time she wears something new, Diana pops up when she's really irrelevant.

Not completely irrelevant when it comes to what jewelary she wears. There are some jewels that would be rather unwise to wear because of their assosiation with Diana.

Oh, I'm really getting RSI due to pressing the refresh button all the time at gettyimages!!! I hope we'll have some more pictures soon, because actually I have to be in bed right now, since I'm feeling awful, I've got a terrible cold! :(
So come one, getty. Let us see some more!

From PolFoto.

Hope you feel better. Dont worry there will be plenty of pics for you hear when you wake up. Does anybody know if they have even arrived at Buckingham Palace yet.

The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall look great!

She is wearing the collar instead of the sash. I actually like it though the sash looks very pretty. Her white hair and dress make the aquariam jewelry look really nice. Im glad she wore it.

Oh yay! You rock, Beatrixfan! ;) I start whining and what do I get? Pictures! With lots of jewels! :p

I know the pictures will still be there tomorrow, but I just want to see them now! I've been in bed almost all day, so I really have too much energy right now... :eek:

The times have also released a seating plan of the banquet this evening.
attending were=
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, The President of the Federative Republic of Brazil and Senhora Lula da Silva at which The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Rear Admiral Timothy Laurence, The Duke of Kent, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, and Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy.

sorry is that a bit too big?

It only makes sense! Prince Charles loved his grandmother SO much! I think that he would want his wife to wear her things. I also think that this is a very big sign to people that she will be Queen!!!!!!

Why no Duke and Duchess of Gloucester? I love them!

No Duke and Duchess of Kent either.

I guess they were busy though they are its always nice to see them.

the duke of kent attended, but the duchess is no longer a working royal

Thanks for the seating arrangments there very cool. I am trying to figure out something. The DOC is closer to the Queen then the Prince of Wales. Thats odd to me for some reason.

Whos Mrs. David Bowes-Lyon. Is that a cousin of the Queen. I have so many questions. How is it decided who attends these.

The DOC is closer to the Queen then the Prince of Wales. Thats odd to me for some reason.

Could have something to do with the man/woman arrangement that is followed.

How is it decided who attends these.

Anyone with Brazilian connections who might bring something to the banquet really.

Back
Top Bottom