The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2018, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Mabel seems to be missing in the list... While she was considered the third most important guest on the Dutch side.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I was wondering why Princess Michael was present, yet her husband was not?

She seems to be invited to all the state banquets, yet I've often heard that the rest of the RF does not like her. So why is she always included?

Old 10-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

She seems to be invited to all the state banquets, yet I've often heard that the rest of the RF does not like her. So why is she always included?
Prince Friso, Mabel's husband, passed away 5 years ago.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm guessing that Prince Michael had a previously planned event that evening. Princess Michael has also been included in State Banquets when there are German speaking guests.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Prince Friso, Mabel's husband, passed away 5 years ago.

What does that have to do with Princess Michael?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

She speaks German. But I guess every Dutchmen speaks English, so...
Old 10-26-2018, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 24th October:
The King and Queen of the Netherlands, accompanied by The Earl and Countess of Wessex, this morning attended a Breakfast given by the Lord Mayor and the City of London Corporation at Mansion House, London EC4, and were received by the Rt. Hon. the Lord Mayor (Alderman Charles Bowman).

Their Majesties, accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses, subsequently attended the UK-Netherlands Innovation Showcase at Mansion House and were received by Mr. Andrew Mitchell (Her Majesty's Trade Commissioner for Europe) and Mr. Graham Stuart MP (Minister for Investment, Department for International Trade).

The King and Queen of the Netherlands, accompanied by The Earl and Countess of Wessex, afterwards visited HNLMS ZEELAND, moored alongside HMS BELFAST, The Queen's Walk, London SE1, and were received by The Duke of Kent, the Executive Director (Commercial and Operations) of Imperial War Museums (Mr. John Brown) and Captain Wolter Sillevis Smitt (Defence and Naval Attaché, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands).

The King and Queen of the Netherlands, accompanied by The Earl and Countess of Wessex, later visited Pop Brixton, 49 Brixton Station Road, London SW9, and were received by the Managing Director of Make Shift (Mr. James Leay) and the Mayor of Lambeth (Councillor Christopher Wellbelove).

Their Majesties this afternoon visited No. 10 Downing Street and had talks with the Prime Minister and subsequently were entertained to Luncheon by the Prime Minister on behalf of Her Majesty's Government.

The King and Queen of the Netherlands, with the Dutch Suite in attendance, left Buckingham Palace later upon the conclusion of the State Visit to The Queen.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Majesty

‘His Excellency Rear Admiral Ludger Brummelaar (Adjutant-General to The King of the Netherlands and Chief of the Military Household)’

Can somebody tell me this gentleman’s precedence? He was accompanied by The Duchess of Cambridge so I assume he’s high ranking.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
‘His Excellency Rear Admiral Ludger Brummelaar (Adjutant-General to The King of the Netherlands and Chief of the Military Household)’

Can somebody tell me this gentleman’s precedence? He was accompanied by The Duchess of Cambridge so I assume he’s high ranking.
The King's Household is divided in a Civiele Huis which is led by the Grootmeester (the Lord Chamberlain) and a Militair Huis which is led by the Adjudant-Generaal. So we can say he is the military equivalent of the Lord Chamberlain.

At the Investiture of the King the Adjudant-Generaal was directly behind the King on the dais. Also in ceremonial proceedings, he rides directly behind the monarch (see picture, a previous Adjudant-Generaal under Queen Beatrix).

http://www.militairruiterbewijs.nl/image.php?id=181
Old 10-27-2018, 07:59 PM
Majesty

There were a couple interesting or amusing things I noted on this visit. The first was the sheer splendour of the State Welcome and how I had almost forgotten how majestic it is and that while there have been acts of terror in European countries and fewer in the US but they eschew the carriage ride in favour of a chopper on the front lawn! Even "The Beast" processing down the Mall could not compete.

The ease with which both King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima carried off their welcome kisses to HM and Camilla considering the wide (and I do mean wide) disparity in height, especially when they were both wearing a brimmed hat, was nothing less than perfect. Of course, I suppose they both had plenty of practice with Queen Beatrix.

I loved that Maxima both wears and carries gloves.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I’m just noticing that a single rail was instantly provided for The Queen when exiting the carriage upon returning to Buckingham Palace. That was a brilliant idea.

A.W. TOZER