State Visit from the King and Queen of Spain: July 12-14, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is she wearing the Cartier Halo ? How disappointing !

No the Lovers Knot tiara. And the necklace seems to be the ruby necklace the Queen got as a Wedding gift from her parents and was from Mrs. Greville.

Is she wearing the Cartier Halo ? How disappointing !

No, she's wearing Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara. The name of it is not Cambridge Lovers Knot. Just for correction purposes.

Live Coverage Begins in the link above thread.

No, she's wearing Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara. The name of it is not Cambridge Lovers Knot. Just for correction purposes.

Much better choice. Thanks for clarifying that !

so I'm not sure I should ask this question here...I might get stoned to death..but here it goes: Does anyone know if Queen Letizia is now fluent in English? I know it was a big debate a long time ago. So I'm just wondering if she ever learned or if anyone has heard her speak in English over the year????? (Please don't hurt me!!) (I looked before I asked!) (I really did) :lol:

Love her earrings...can't wait to see a full view of them!

LaRae

Felipe is very grey....I thought of him as being youngish...

Well, he´s approaching his 60th year soon... Still I think there is something very youthful about his appearance, similar to CP Frederik in Denmark.:flowers:

No the Lovers Knot tiara. And the necklace seems to be the ruby necklace the Queen got as a Wedding gift from her parents and was from Mrs. Greville.

If that is the Mrs Greville necklace that was bequeathed to Queen Mary then that is one gorgeous necklace and I so want to see what Catherine is wearing with it. This is one magnificent necklace IMO and should be worn more often for state events like this.

I don't think so....it was said this was a gift from the Queen's parents to her years ago.

LaRae

Well, he´s approaching his 60th year soon... Still I think there is something very youthful about his appearance, similar to CP Frederik in Denmark.:flowers:

50th - we won't add an extra 10 years! But yes he has a very youthful appearance.

Sky News going live after 8.30

Last edited by a moderator:
Guests are starting to arrive ,looking forward to seeing all the royals next!

The floral arrangements are splendid.

Last edited:
so I'm not sure I should ask this question here...I might get stoned to death..but here it goes: Does anyone know if Queen Letizia is now fluent in English? I know it was a big debate a long time ago. So I'm just wondering if she ever learned or if anyone has heard her speak in English over the year????? (Please don't hurt me!!) (I looked before I asked!) (I really did) :lol:

She speaks English with a Spanish accent (just as Mathilde speaks it with a French accent), but I assume she is fluent. As a journalist, Letizia covered the 2000 US presidential election from Washington D.C. and also reported from New York following the 9/11 attacks, so she is familiar with English-speaking environments.

Lady Gabriella Windsor is in the royal Procession: now that's something !

Aquamarines tiara for the Queen!

King Felipe wearing the Garter!

Catherine in Lover's Knot!

And we are off!

The Queen looks superb - order of Golden Fleece

The King in the Garter

Letizia in the large FDL tiara and the queen in the aquamarine tiara.

And no RFO for Kate : RIOT !!!!

But mega earrings for Camilla : Wouah !

The Queen is wearing the Brazilian Aquamarine Tiara.

The Duchess of Cornwall is in her usual get up - Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara, GCVO, RFO, and a White State Dress.

The Duchess of Cambridge - No new Orders

That Brazilian Tiara/necklace is STUNNING!

LARae

That necklace Kate has on is something else...gorgeous!

LaRAe

OMG! Catherine IS wearing that ruby necklace HM received for her wedding.

Edward, Harry, Anne, Lady Gabriella are all there!

Anne looks to be wearing either Aquamarine Pineflower tiara or the one she received from the shipping company.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom