The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2017, 08:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know about anyone else, but I really enjoyed this State Visit. The live tv coverage has been amazing. We've seen more videos and pictures from this State Visit than the previous State Visits. The Windsors came out full force too. It's very satisfying that the Spanish State Visit finally got a chance to take place. Everyone did a beautiful job and looked fantastic doing it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I really enjoyed this State Visit. The live tv coverage has been amazing. We've seen more videos and pictures from this State Visit than the previous State Visits. The Windsors came out full force too. It's very satisfying that the Spanish State Visit finally got a chance to take place. Everyone did a beautiful job and looked fantastic doing it.
Yes! The long wait was worth it
And kudos for casa real providing us with links and hd photos, everything a royalwatcher wants.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-14-2017, 01:41 AM
Gentry

Letizia's outfit in Westminster Abbey looks appropriate to me. Casual and smart casual is different.

Quite disappointed to see the floral tiara again but wow Letizia, that gown and that earrings!
Old 07-14-2017, 02:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

I just want to say a huge Thank You to very one who worked so hard to provide all the videos, the pictures and the commentaries for this visit. This is my first state visit and not one of my books has this much info on anything like this.....I am so impressed with all this and is it wrong to say I want MORE of these? How often does this happen?

Most of all I am so impressed with HM and the DoE for at this age they have lots of stamina. HM took over the state dinner with such dignity and grace....she really worked her magic that night...
Old 07-14-2017, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is nice to know that Queen Sofia can leave family tiaras to Infanta Elena's and Infanta Christina's daughters.
What would these girls, who don´t even have royal titles, do with tiaras?! They will hardly attend many, if any, state banquets or similar events. And if they might from time to time, they can easily loan one from the current royal couple.
I think a Queen or the two Infantas are much more in need of proper jewellery! That doesn´t mean the Marichalar and Urdangarin daughters shouldn´t have any heirlooms. But I think personal items Sophia once received from her parents or husband, like bracelets or necklesses are items they could really use.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Any chance the're Spanish?
VERY possibly.. a female Shoeaholic I know says Spanish Womens shoes are the very best on the Planet..bar NONE..
Old 07-14-2017, 06:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Letizia's outfit in Westminster Abbey looks appropriate to me. Casual and smart casual is different.

Quite disappointed to see the floral tiara again but wow Letizia, that gown and that earrings!
Not at all appropriate. She was Her Majesty The Queen of Spain during a State Visit, the highest protocollair level. You will not see other Queens or Crown Princesses dressed that casual during State Visits.

Mathilde on day two of a State Visit

Máxima on day two of a State Visit

Mary and Máxima on day two of a State Visit

Then seeing the Queen of Spain without hat, without gloves, in a blouse with rolled-up sleeves visiting The Prime Minister or Westminster Abbey...

Saying hello to a PM or President? This was not even a State Visit, she was not even Queen yet, but she at least dressed up to show respect to the highest Office of State: picture.

From a Queen of Spain, one of the grandest monarchies, I expected more than a blouse with rolled-up sleeves.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Farewell in Buckingham

https://twitter.com/CasaReal/status/885793224614449153

State Visit Of The King And Queen Of Spain - Day 3 - Zimbio

Queen Letizia visits London's Francis Crick Institute | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-14-2017, 07:14 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Well... its all over and from everything I've seen, it was a very successful state visit of Spain to the UK. Felipe and Letizia were made to feel very much at home and welcomed and if the departing video shows anything, it shows the warmness between the two heads of state and their consorts parting as good friends would.

Personally, I found Letizia's attire at Westminster Abbey to be appropriate. To be honest, the days of the required hat and gloves have gone the way of stockings with seams up the back. Its just not required or expected any more and I'm sure it met approval with those that advise Letizia on her dress for occasions.

I'd also like to extend my warmest thank you to all who have dilligently kept us all updated and informed on the activities of this state visit. It made it so much more enjoyable for us that aren't so well informed about things and made the entire visit a joy to watch.

No one, and I mean no one, does a state visit better than the British and this visit was no exception!
Old 07-14-2017, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I've really enjoyed this particular State Visit.

What struck me was how personal the visit was and the involvement of so many members of the British Royal family at the various events and not just the same faces all the time.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 07-14-2017, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

Old 07-14-2017, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness

Felipe got it wrong in his Guildhall speech - he was referring to a state visit of King Alfonso XIII in 1905 at the invitation of King Edward VIII...
Old 07-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Day 3 :
Departure from Buckingham Palace

http://ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoekt...-2017%20Palace

King and Queen of Spain visit the Francis Crick Institute.

PPE Agency
Old 07-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 07-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Not at all appropriate. She was Her Majesty The Queen of Spain during a State Visit, the highest protocollair level. You will not see other Queens or Crown Princesses dressed that casual during State Visits.

Mathilde on day two of a State Visit

Máxima on day two of a State Visit

Mary and Máxima on day two of a State Visit

Then seeing the Queen of Spain without hat, without gloves, in a blouse with rolled-up sleeves visiting The Prime Minister or Westminster Abbey...

Saying hello to a PM or President? This was not even a State Visit, she was not even Queen yet, but she at least dressed up to show respect to the highest Office of State: picture.

From a Queen of Spain, one of the grandest monarchies, I expected more than a blouse with rolled-up sleeves.

Again, I will say that Queen Letizia (in my opinion) is a modern, graceful, woman, strong and serious. Comparing her to other Monarchs is totally a waste of time. I dont know much about this forum. I enjoy looking at the pictures, and reading about all the ceremonies, state visits, weddings, seeing the public life of the Royals. But definitely, criticism of someone style of dressing repeatedly is so negative. Why are pictures of other Queens being posted to compare them with the style of the QL?
Old 07-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Majesty

i am curious as to why they visited the francis crick institute - is this institute a collaboration with spanish institutes, or maybe spanish nationals work there? (in the group picture, it looks to me like they are posing with fellow spanish country men and women)

i just watched the footage of felipe at oxford. felipe's english is obviously excellent! his speech did great at highlighting the importance of the university. the rest of the speech was rather blah and full with cliches, but hey, that was expected.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Well... its all over and from everything I've seen, it was a very successful state visit of Spain to the UK. Felipe and Letizia were made to feel very much at home and welcomed and if the departing video shows anything, it shows the warmness between the two heads of state and their consorts parting as good friends would.
I agree! I had the impression of grandparents/grandchildren saying farewell after a lovely visit.

Is the pattern on Philip's tie books? I love it!