The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am lost here. What would be Harry's "first order" anyway ? I thought he had none.
He received KCVO from HMQ - has star.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
The biggest surprise by far (for me) is Lady Gabriella Windsor at the dinner. Prince Andrew must be blowing a gasket over that.
Maybe the York girls have no interest in state banquets. I mean, Bea (I think) works in NY and Eugenie has a job also. Maybe they don't really want to have to sit through boring speeches with a lot of old people. Lady Gabriella is a different story given the mother she has.

I don't know. I just think if either Bea or Eugenie wanted to go to state banquets there would be no problem getting them an invitation from their grandmother.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
I had a look at the video thanks! I'm more inclined to feel that he is wearing the Garter and the Thistle stars but it really is almost impossible to tell!
I think you're probably right. Certainly they seem to be the same shape as the two stars he was wearing at last year's diplomatic dinner.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I am lost here. What would be Harry's "first order" anyway ? I thought he had none.
The Queen appointed Harry to the (KCVO) Knight Commander of The Royal Royal Victorian Order in 2015. He's wearing the orders badge along with another order.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I think you're probably right. Certainly they seem to be the same shape as the two stars he was wearing at last year's diplomatic dinner.

The mystery of why Harry gets an order (if indeed that is the case continues!).

I'd love to just ring BP in the morning and ask lol

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Indeed William had already two stars (Garter and KCVO ).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...60c8adff1a.jpg

So at the end the same question : what's up with Harry ?
Old 07-12-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Prince William has the Garter and Thistle. He hasn't been awarded the KCVO.

But still indeed the same question applies re Harry!

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think you're right ! Camilla is an avid Van Cleef collector.
perhaps 70th birthday gift from Charles? they are spectacular and like nothing really in the royal vaults
Old 07-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the photos and videos!

Prime Minister May wore a beautiful hat.

It was rather surprising to find Princess Michael and Lady Gabriella to be a part of the royal procession.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
Prince William has the Garter and Thistle. He hasn't been awarded the KCVO.

But still indeed the same question applies re Harry!

William isn't likely to have a Victorian Order because it's in service to the monarch and he is a future monarch. Charles doesn't have it either.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some additional State Banquet Photos

PPE Agency
Old 07-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Nevertheless, the Marchioness is a stunning woman. I learned from Wikipedia that she was a fashion model, is that right ?

Yes indeed. She and her older sister Marina both modelled.

She (Rose Hanbury) and her sister are often compared to Kate and Pippa.
Rose married the Marquess of Cholmondeley, and her sister married the Earl of Durham.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
The biggest surprise by far (for me) is Lady Gabriella Windsor at the dinner. Prince Andrew must be blowing a gasket over that.
Why would he be blowing a gasket? Fill me in. Is there bad blood between them?
Old 07-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Yes indeed. She and her older sister Marina both modelled.
She (Rose Hanbury) and her sister are often compared to Kate and Pippa.
Rose married the Marquess of Cholmondeley, and her sister married the Earl of Durham.
Both ladies married very well.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Harry's second order looks like Charles's Spanish order to me.
Hm, interesting. But according to wiki it's 'Awarded for Actions in benefit to Spain and the Crown'. Too bad they like to see people play a guess game instead just to say what he has received
Attached Images

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
Maybe the York girls have no interest in state banquets. I mean, Bea (I think) works in NY and Eugenie has a job also. Maybe they don't really want to have to sit through boring speeches with a lot of old people. Lady Gabriella is a different story given the mother she has.

I don't know. I just think if either Bea or Eugenie wanted to go to state banquets there would be no problem getting them an invitation from their grandmother.
Given the fact that they both admitted in interviews that they wanted to play a bigger role in the monarchy (I think it was in a documentary for their gm´s Diamond jubilee), I don´t believe they´ d turn down an invitation if they´ d get one. It´ s anyway just not a thing you would do!
Wasn´ t there speculations of a feud between Charles and Andrew about the D o York´ s daughter´ s taking a more prominent role for the crown?!

Quote:

The only reason I could think of Harry receiving a spanish order and William not might be because H plays an active part (tomorrow) in the visit and W not....?!

The reason for the royal ladies getting no orders is simply and only because of the fact The Queen doesn´ t hand out orders to Q consorts. If Q Letizia had been made a Lady of the Royal Vict. Order, Camilla, and presumably Catherine also, would at least been installed by the order of Isabella the Catholic. Why elso would a fianceé (Maxima in 2001), still not a member of the dutch royal family because yet unmarried, been bestowed of that order while royal ladies "in office" (one even the wife of the future monarch) don´t get one?!
Queen Beatrix installed Princess Diana with the Order of the House of Orange (her only foreign order) back in 1982 - but Beatrix´ husband was a KCVO (as wll as Prince Henrik is).
Old 07-13-2017, 12:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

If people here go back in the thread and watch the ITN videos I posted yesterday, then you will see something hilarious. While our remarkable 91-year-old monarch (unaided) got out of the 1902 State Landau almost as fast as Felipe, the 96-year-old Philip could be seen helping Letizia out of one of the smaler Semi-state Landaus.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Given the fact that they both admitted in interviews that they wanted to play a bigger role in the monarchy (I think it was in a documentary for their gm´s Diamond jubilee), I don´t believe they´ d turn down an invitation if they´ d get one. It´ s anyway just not a thing you would do!
Wasn´ t there speculations of a feud between Charles and Andrew about the D o York´ s daughter´ s taking a more prominent role for the crown?!
Since the Queen of England is still alive, it shouldn't matter what Charles wants. I will say again, if Bea and Eugenie wanted to attend a State banquet all they need do is ask their grandmother. I'm suggesting they don't want to attend these things. Of course, like everyone else on here, I have no clue about anything these people do. I'm just enjoying seeing the pics from tonight.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Article by Robert Hardman - one of my favourite writers when it come to the royals (although, I don't agree with him that much when it comes to other things).

Really worth a read:
ROBERT HARDMAN: Europe's monarchs met at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-13-2017, 02:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronprinz View Post
I also fail to understand why Gibraltar is still an issue. The results of the referendums couldn't be more clear.

It's not like nobody has asked the people of Gibraltar what they want.
The most recent referendum in Gibraltar, on the European Union (Referendum) Act 2016, resulted in 96% (!) wanting to remain in the European Union, which Britain wants to leave.

Gibraltar will always remain an issue as it is a sore pimple for Spain, not only for historic and territorial reasons, but also because it is - in the eye of the Spaniards- a parasite economy which survives on a permissive financial regime and duty free shopping.