The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen's fashion/jewelry etc:

When you are the Queen of 16 countries, the figurehead of two billion people, served your peoples for 65 years, is the most beloved/popular and famous head of state (many would say person) in the world, is an inernationl icon and is 91, then you can wear what the heck you want in my eyes.

And I think she looks great! (From a 29 year old guy who is not interested in royal fashion at all)

Old 07-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Majesty

wow! what a splendorous banquet tonight!

letizia looks fantastic. red is her colour and that tiara is my favourite. even letizia with her tiny frame and head can make it work. it looks stunning - totally fit for a queen! she should use this one more often and ditch her 'starter' floral tiara.

and kate does not disappoint herself. that tiara, paired with the earrings and that stunning necklace is gorgeous. the dress is perfect to show off the beautiful necklace . i hope we get better pictures of her dress and the necklace.

the Marchioness of Cholmondeley! how interesting to see her at this banquet. is she a regular invitee to state visit banquets? i see in one of the pictures a lady in white near kate, so my guess is that she and her husband arrived with kate and william. given their friendship, maybe they are staying with them in london and arrived together to BP?

and another tiara event tomorrow, yay! we are in for a treat again. i suspect letizia brought another of her big guns tiaras. i am suspecting she will use the princess Victoria Louise of Hanover's Prussian Diamond Tiara or the mellerio shell (la chata), or her own ansorena tiara. however, the optimist part of me is hoping to see the tiara Cartier that cristina worn at the wedding of victoria and daniel, or (catch me if i faint!) the russian tiara that letizia never wore (belonging to sofia).

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

The Marchioness of Cholmondeley is there in her capacity as the spouse of her Husband 'the Lord Great Chamberlain', the most senior post at court.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Except the Marquess wouldn´t be too fond about it...

Nor would their three children.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
What does perfect mean anyway ? I think that, if you listen to his speech to Parliament, where he spoke much longer in English, you will get a better sense of his fluency, It is quite obvious that the state banquet setting is rather intimidating (do you remember Philippe of Belgium at the Danish state banquet ? )..

Just what I was going to say. Listen to his address to Parliament. He's fluent as they come.

Anyone notice how Prince Charles bows to King Felipe, but not to Queen Letizia. Any idea why? He did it twice -- at the hotel and at Clarence House. I've noticed that Denmark's Crown Prince usually doesn't bow to any of the monarchs closer to his age (King Willem-Alexander & Queen Maxima, for example).
Old 07-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen looks really small next to petite Letizia. Even Prince Philip seems to have lost his heigth.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
The Queen looks really small next to petite Letizia. Even Prince Philip seems to have lost his heigth.
She's never been a tall woman to begin with and the effect you describe ("losing your height") is a common phenomenon in older people. I don't think anyone cares about that. On the contrary, seeing the Queen in her advanced age attending a state banquet in the evening in a long gown and matching jewelry and speaking so fluently in her speech only boosts one's admiration of her devotion to service.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
I am pretty sure there is a second breast star, could it be a Spanish Order.

If it is I am really confused as to why Harry would get one and not William, perhaps he did and we just haven't seen a photo yet.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pX6c26Sg2...t-screen-9.jpg
There's a gif on the order of splendour blog showing the royals walking in, harry defo has two different badges on. Interestingly they are next to each other and the other men who have two stars wear one on top of the other, my understanding being that the most 'senior' is worn on top. So can we guess Harry's other badge is the same or close in rank as the RVO?
Old 07-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

I get the feeling The King did give members of the royal family an order.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
There's a gif on the order of splendour blog showing the royals walking in, harry defo has two different badges on. Interestingly they are next to each other and the other men who have two stars wear one on top of the other, my understanding being that the most 'senior' is worn on top. So can we guess Harry's other badge is the same or close in rank as the RVO?

If we look at The Duke of Edinburgh he has his Spanish star next to his Garter Star. So I'm guessing you wear foreign stars side by side.

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The Times front page tomorrow is a good resume of the whole affair
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEkSjz2W0AEyma2.jpg

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 07-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry's second order looks like Charles's Spanish order to me.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I agree. The order of Carlos III
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...II_AEAColl.jpg

Any picture of William ?
Old 07-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The Marchioness of Cholmondeley is there in her capacity as the spouse of her Husband 'the Lord Great Chamberlain', the most senior post at court.
Interestingly, given his relationship with William, Cholmondeley will not be Charles' Lord Great Chamberlain, but will be William's. The office is split between multiple holders, who each hold a share. Cholmondeley holds half of it, but the other half is split between 12 people.

Jane Heathcote-Drummond-Willoughby, 28th Baroness Willoughby de Eresby holds half of that allotment. The other 11 people all hold between 1/20 and 1/100 share in the office; of those, only 3 hold 1/20 (Nicholas Llewellen Palmer, Rufus Keppel, 10th Earl of Albemarle, and Capt. Harry Russell Legge-Bourke). Charles' Lord Great Chamberlain will be one of those four.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I agree. The order of Carlos III
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...II_AEAColl.jpg

Any picture of William ?

I can't find a picture of Prince William.

It must be a lower grade of the Order as Harry isn't sporting a Sash, just the Star.

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I am lost here. What would be Harry's "first order" anyway ? I thought he had none.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
I can't find a picture of Prince William.

It must be a lower grade of the Order as Harry isn't sporting a Sash, just the Star.
Starting at about the 12 second mark of the DF's video of the banquet, you can see that William also has two "stars upon thars". (Sorry, couldn't resist the Suess ref.)

Spanish royals treated to lavish state banquet at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-12-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Starting at about the 12 second mark of the DF's video of the banquet, you can see that William also has two "stars upon thars". (Sorry, couldn't resist the Suess ref.)

Spanish royals treated to lavish state banquet at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

I had a look at the video thanks! I'm more inclined to feel that he is wearing the Garter and the Thistle stars but it really is almost impossible to tell!

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post

So orders fot the boys and nothing for the girls ?
C'mon Felipe ...
Old 07-12-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am lost here. What would be Harry's "first order" anyway ? I thought he had none.

The first order would be Harry's KCVO which he got back in 2015.

God Save The Queen!