The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
What a feeble curtsy by Camilla though . Very disappointing !

On Letizia's accent, it is well known that the Spanish language doesn't have a sound like the English 'z'. Spanish speakers make that "mistake" not only in English, but also in other European languages, including close languages like Portuguese which, nonetheless, has a 'z' sound unlike Spanish.
I caught that too...it was barely a curtsey, I suppose the effort counts though.

Now about Letizia's dress...love that!

LaRae

Old 07-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Are we sure Camilla isn't getting an order?

Old 07-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Are people seriously disappointed about Camilla's curtsy.

I couldn't care less - but did people notice that Theresa May after her deep curtsy to the Queen (the right ting to do to our amazing monarch), she did just bow to Felipe (also the rigth ting to do - no reason to curtsy) - see the video in post 433.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know if it is already confirmed that Felipe received the Order of Garter?
Commoner

To be honest, I think a lot of us care more about the greetings than they do.

King Felipe looks like such an easy going guy, I seriously doubt he really cares about a curtsey.
Imperial Majesty

Confirmed, Order of the Garter for King Felipe

King Felipe and Queen Letizia gave Queen Elizabeth a collection of letters of the correspondence between Alfonso XIII and Victoria Eugenia during their courtship, written in English and French, and to the Duke of Edinburgh a Spanish cape

Isabel II distingue a Felipe VI con la prestigiosa Orden de la Jarretera
Old 07-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Are people seriously disappointed about Camilla's curtsy.

I couldn't care less - but did people notice that Theresa May after her deep curtsy to the Queen (the right ting to do to our amazing monarch), she did just bow to Felipe (also the rigth ting to do - no reason to curtsy) - see the video in post 433.
I'm wondering if perhaps the slight curtsy by Camilla could be due to the fact that a more formal one happened earlier? I went back and checked video and it was Charles and Camilla who actually brought Felipe and Letizia to the Horse Guards to meet the Queen. As they were then formally in the public eye, perhaps the protocol called for a second curtsy/bow?
Old 07-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Are we sure Camilla isn't getting an order?

Our fellow Spanish posters said that no royal decree awarding her an order has been published so far in the official Spanish State Bulletin, so she probably isn't getting one. I don't know if she could get an order before the royal decree is published, but that would be odd, wouldn't it ?
Old 07-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has been live coverage on Sky News - Felipe and Letizia has arrived at Clarence House.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

I guess this means The King will likely make it over to his instillation ceremony for the Garter next year. Something to look forward to, Gods willing.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I guess this means The King will likely make it over to his instillation ceremony for the Garter next year. Something to look forward to, Gods willing.
Does this happen with foreign monarchs too?
Old 07-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
It has happened, but I don't think it's a matter of routine.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, Juan Carlos attended the ceremony in the past.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Felipe will probably be there in June 2018 - but let's see.

Juan Carlos

Queen Elisabeth II gives King Juan Carlos I the Order of the Garter The King of Spain and the Queen of England with a traditional dress Pictures | Getty Images

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I believe that King Filipe's Order of the Garter is a bit different. He is what is called a Stranger Knight and I'm not sure if there is an installation for this.

Along with the 24 Knights of the Order of the Garter, there are also two orders of 'extra' knights - the Royal Knights and Ladies, which currently include Prince Andrew and Prince William, and Stranger Knights and Ladies, among them the Queen of Denmark and Harald V of Norway.

It would be nice to see Filipe and Letizia back the UK though in 2018 to attend though
Old 07-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes, monarchs have attended their instillation ceremonies.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

The 30 min video of the welcome/carriage procession on the spanish royal YouTube channel (which I posted in post 416) is no longer available. Yes, I know it was a live video, but it was later added to the Regular videos (so very strange if you ask me)

Felipe's adress live here - shortly:
Old 07-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Clarence House

@CasaReal
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEizCOqXUAIXSGA.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEizG9uXsAIjdBe.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEizMAUXsAAUR69.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEizO-CXkAErhm8.jpg
Old 07-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Live on Sky News: Felipe and Letizia to leave Clarence House for Parliament:
Old 07-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Fantastic! Red is definitely Queen Letizia's colour. Much better than her first outfit.