The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2017, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Regarding the hotel: if i spy well, those umbrellas are from hotel 'ME london', so i suspect that is where felipe and letizia, and their committee, are staying for the first night.... (it is also part of a spanish chain of hotels, the melia chain, so definitely a possible hypothesis!)

a good choice right in central london and, apparently, with a rooftop lounge...

https://www.melia.com/en/hotels/unit...don/index.html

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-12-2017, 01:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm looking forward to the coverage in the morning. I'll just have to get up a bit earlier.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 03:06 AM
Aristocracy

Re: the orders

Spanish orders are bestowed upon royal decrees and those appear in the third page (Otras disposiciones) of the daily Official Journal.
Today's Journal is out and there isn't any royal decree in it.

So now, as many of us had predicted, it's pretty safe to say that only Felipe will get a new order.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Generally the announcement of decorations in the General State Bulletin is done days before the visit, usually is on Friday coinciding with the Council of Ministers. On this occasion neither today nor the previous days has appeared anything.

Not even there are decorations for members of the Royal House or the British government ... so I guess that means there will be no British decorations, possibly with the exception of King Felipe. And that the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales can not receive decorations higher than they have.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

The Army in London‏ @ArmyInLondon
Today's the day! You can watch the #SpainStateVisit from The Mall from 11.45am and @KingsTroopRHA Salute in #GreenPark just after midday.
Pictures: https://twitter.com/ArmyInLondon/sta...39769323020288

The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
The Queen previously hosted a Spanish State Visit in 1986, which was attended by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sophia. #SpainStateVisit
Pictures: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...54203319734272

In 1988 King Juan Carlos and Queen Sophia invited The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh to visit Spain. #SpainStateVisit
Pictures: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...55290382721025
Old 07-12-2017, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some extra photos from the Departure Ceremony from Madrid.

PPE Agency

Such a contrast in weather!

Old 07-12-2017, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Some extra photos from the Departure Ceremony from Madrid.

PPE Agency

Such a contrast in weather!
I had to chuckle a bit about that. Leaving sunny, hot Madrid and arriving at cold, rainy London
The weather should be according to news a bit better.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-12-2017, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

I have a question: Normally state visits include returning invitations, like another banquet given by the guests or going to a concert etc.
The Guildhall banquet is an invitation of the City of London for the royal guests. Why isn´t a returning evernt not included here? Isn´t it, from a diplomatic point of view, unpolite towards the british royal family not to be invited as a gesture of thank-you for their hospitality - or, the other way round, unpolite towards the King and Queen of Spain not giving them the chance to host such an event?!
Old 07-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I have a question: Normally state visits include returning invitations, like another banquet given by the guests or going to a concert etc.
The Guildhall banquet is an invitation of the City of London for the royal guests. Why isn´t a returning evernt not included here? Isn´t it, from a diplomatic point of view, unpolite towards the british royal family not to be invited as a gesture of thank-you for their hospitality - or, the other way round, unpolite towards the King and Queen of Spain not giving them the chance to host such an event?!
I have noticed that this is the case is most State Visits to the UK. I think the reason is that State Visits are npow usually only 3 days with the visiting guests leaving on the third day. And with the Guildhall Dinner on the second day there is no time for a return reception. At State Visit to other countries the return Event is usually on the second evening.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I have noticed that this is the case is most State Visits to the UK. I think the reason is that State Visits are npow usually only 3 days with the visiting guests leaving on the third day. And with the Guildhall Dinner on the second day there is no time for a return reception. At State Visit to other countries the return Event is usually on the second evening.

I know! State visits have been reduced mostly to three 3 days in the last 20 years or so. But in other countries st. visits also only last 3 days but still give the opportunity for a return banquet...I don´t know when they exactly ditched it, but the return dinner used to take place at the Dorchester or Claridge´s Hotel in London.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Coverage will begin soon-
https://youtu.be/89YY7EEOD9s

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The weather looks much improved in London and there are nice sized crowds outside Buckingham Palace ahead of the arrival of the King and Queen of Spain.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Now you can watch the ceremony

+24, canal 24h en directo y multicámara - RTVE.es
Old 07-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I was right - the Queen and Felipe to use the open 1902 State Landau - first time HM has used it for a state visit since 2003.

The Royal Family‏ @RoyalFamily
The two Royal Families will then travel to Buckingham Palace by carriage – a tradition of every State Visit. #SpainStateVisit
Pictures: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...72460634349569

This morning the staff at The Royal Mews have been busy preparing the horses and carriages for today's ceremony. #SpainStateVisit
Pictures: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...78676697751553

The horses are harnessed - this year they will pull The Queen and King Felipe in the 1902 State Landau. #SpainStateVisit
Pictures: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...80522548027392

The 1902 State Landau was built for the Coronation of King Edward VII in 1902. #SpainStateVisit
Picture: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...82524103434244

The horses are hitched to their respective carriages, ready to be inspected by The Master of The Horse before departing. #SpainStateVisit
Video: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...84999137067012

The Royal Family‏Verifisert konto @RoyalFamily 17 minfor 17 minutter siden
The Royal Mews staff are wearing their 'Full State' Livery – a uniform that has changed little in over 200 years. #SpainStateVisit
Pictures: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...88048500887556
Old 07-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Her Majesty the Queen( in lilac/purple) and Duke of Edinburgh have just arrived ahead of the Spanish king/queen.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

HM and Philip seems to be in great spirits.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:10 AM
Courtier

has the live feed started?
Old 07-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes - live on Sky News too.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
HM and Philip seems to be in great spirits.

Yes they do and the Duke in particular looks rather jovial!

My livefeed froze as they arrived and I mistook queen Letizia for the Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

The 1902 State landau.