The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I think we have to wait which royal members will receive an royal order and who not. Honestly i dont think W&C will receive an order, as much i remember also Princess Diana received no Order during the spanish state visit in 1986.

Does someone know BBC will broadcast any event of the state visit?.
UK coverage - some of what I wrote in another post here:

Getty Images will of course publish many videos and pictures, ITN SOURCE will also publish some videos, Daily Fail vill publish articles with many pictures and we may see some clips on BBC One/ITV television news.

But the big question (to me) is whether BBC News Channel (Launched 1997) and Sky News (Launched 1989) will have live coverage.

Coverage by BBC News Channel and Sky News on previous state visits:

State Visit from Japan in May 1998: Live coverage from the carriage procession, the state banquet and other events.

State visit from China in October 1999: Live coverage from the carriage procession, the state banquet and other events.

State visit from the United States in November 2003: Live coverage from the arrival at Buckingham Palace, the state banquet and other events.

State visit from China in November 2005: Live coverage from the carriage procession, the state banquet and other events.

State visit from the United States in May 2011: Live coverage from the arrival at Buckingham Palace, the state banquet and other events.

State Visit from Ireland in April 2014: Live coverage from the carriage procession, the state banquet and other events.

State visit from China in October 2015: Live coverage from the carriage procession, the state banquet and other events.

There was also live coverage on the Internet for the American, Irish and Chinese state visits in 2011, 2014 and 2015.

Other state visits: Nothing, and I think (unfortunately) that BBC/Sky will not see Spain as important enough to have live coverage.

And that has nothing to do with the palace allowing it or not - When the Norwegian royal family visited the UK in 2005, Norwegian television sent live from the events, and the coverage was generaly very large. In the UK? Nothing at all.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:18 PM

I am hoping to go to Horse Guards on Wednesday. Does anyone know what time her Majesty will arrive for the official welcome? TIA

Old 07-11-2017, 03:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

So excited for this state visit. waited too long for it to happen.

I'd love if William and Catherine make an appearance.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:18 AM
Serene Highness

You can see a live transmission of the arrival - possibly of other upcoming events - here:
Old 07-11-2017, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

State banquet

Speech in Parliament

Spanish embassy

Lunch in Oxford

Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Rehearsals ahead of Spanish State Visit to the UK

Uk State Visit Pictures and Photos | Getty Images
Old 07-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The Livestreams are a pleasant surprise, hopefully the coverage will be good, especially for the State Dinner!

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 07-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks to wartenberg7 and lula!

Seeing these Livestreams made a (so far) busy and tiring day much better.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Official farewell at Barajas Airport

https://twitter.com/24h_tve/status/884798701876633601

Spanish Royals Depart to United Kingdom

Spanish Royals Depart to United Kingdom - Zimbio
Old 07-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Pictures of KF and QL before leaving hot 34 C degrees Madrid towards much cooler London
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEd3ZjrXcAAoMnS.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEd3YWmXoAEDm1W.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEd3a0UXcAEglx5.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEd3jZxXoAEAu9R.jpg

Old 07-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Do we know what time they are due to land and if there will coverage?
Old 07-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Do we know what time they are due to land and if there will coverage?
I don't see the point of covering their arrival as they are arriving privately today and heading to a hotel. The state visit won't begin officially until tomorrow.

Nevertheless, the Spanish royal couple will be greeted at the airport by the Viscount Brookeborough, Lord- in-Waiting, on behalf of the Queen.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

The Twitter account from Casa Real usually covers the visits in real time so we can expect some pictures from the arrival. And a Madrid-London flight shouldn't take longer than two hours

Old 07-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Letizia looks chic in white as she and King Felipe set off for their first UK state visit and three-day Brexit charm offensive where they'll meet British royalty and Theresa May

Queen Letizia and King Felipe touch down in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Reading their itinerary, it is packed for each of the three days they are in London. Sounds exhausting, but I guess that comes with being a King and Queen. Looks like they will be mostly eating on Wednesday. HA!! I mean, lunch, tea, reception and then a banquet. Letizia will need to pace herself. (Just kidding. I'm sure Letizia will have no problem pushing food around her plate so as not to insult the chef.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what the ladies will wear for each event, especially the State Banquet. TIARIAS!!!
Old 07-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Majesty

how exciting this visit is starting!

do we know which hotel they will stay in for the first (unofficial) night of the state visit?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

I think they like to keep that quiet until they are on the way out of it.

Queen Letizia and King Felipe touch down in London | Daily Mail Online

First pics of the King & Queen arriving in a very wet London
Old 07-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

And being driven to their hotel in one of the Queen's two state bentleys.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that a number of posts discussing Royal Orders have been moved to the The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations thread.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Article from the BBC and it's featured on their main UK site. Seems to me that the UK media (so far) is quite interested in this visit, and I find that very surprising:
Spain's King Felipe and Queen Leitizia begin UK state visit - BBC News
Quote:
The Queen is to formally welcome the king and queen of Spain to the UK as they begin a two-day state visit.

King Felipe and Queen Leitizia will be greeted by the Queen and Prince Philip at Horse Guards Parade on Wednesday.

The trip is the first state visit by a Spanish king to the UK since Felipe's father, Juan Carlos, came 31 years ago.

BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said UK leaders hope the trip will foster understanding between the two countries over Brexit.

It is expected to be the Duke of Edinburgh's last state visit before he retires from public duties after the summer.

The visit is beginning one day later than usual for such trips, meaning Theresa May will miss Prime Minister's Questions in the Commons to attend the Horse Guards welcome.