State Visit from the Emir of Qatar: October 26-28, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some of the most beautiful photos during this visit (including the ladies' gowns/outfits and jewels) and I still can't have enough of them, so keep us posted, please! :flowers: The BRF seems to be on very friendly terms with the Qatari royals lately!

Video Playback

looks like the countess of wessex wore the same dress and jewels as she did in Stockholm in June...

Gifts!

It's been mentioned a couple of times in the linked articles but I don't think anyone's made reference to it.
Royal gift giving usually occurs out of the public eye but we have the details for the Qatar State Visit:

The Queen presented her guests with presents, including signed photos of herself and Prince Philip.
In return, she received an 18-carat gold casket encrusted with diamonds, amethysts and pearls, while Philip’s gift was a statue of a horse on a clock base.

source: Mail online

NoorMeansLight said:
The BRF seems to be on very friendly terms with the Qatari royals lately!
Not just lately but for quite some time. HM appears to get on very well with most if not all of the Gulf and Emirati Rulers (plus the Jordanians and Saudis, but less so the Moroccans), and of course the POW gets extra brownie points for his long-term support of Islamic cultural issues.

We'll see some tangible evidence of the esteem in which HM is held when she visits the UAE and Oman next month and I'd expect it to be heartfelt and generous. If we don't see what she receives at the time of any exchange we may have to wait a while. Then out of the blue HM will appear at an event wearing a "previously unseen and believed to be a gift from..." stunning modern parure or suchlike.

So the Qatar royals got signed photos and The Queen recieved an 18 carat gold jewel encrusted casket?

Even the state gifts show that we're in a recession.

I believe the Queen has always given that sort of present. Recession or not.

So the Qatar royals got signed photos and The Queen recieved an 18 carat gold jewel encrusted casket?

Even the state gifts show that we're in a recession.

HM is the winner once again.:D Warren, excellent post! ;) I liked the way you expressed it in the end.:ROFLMAO: I suppose that's indeed what's going to happen and now I can't wait to see the 'previously unseen' jewels the Queen will receive. Though I don't expect anything spectacular from Oman. The UAE will do all the work in this regard, as it seems.

Unseen, unused, untaxed. Excessive amounts of junk that help no one.

The British royals are known to be parsimonious when it comes to gifts to foreign dignitaries. This has nothing to do with the current unfavourable economic situation. I wonder whether or not it would have been troublesome to commission a sword for Sheikh Hamad, which would have looked much better than singed photos.

What might you be referring to? Pictures of HM and the DoE or the gifts received from Qatar?

The British royals are known to be parsimonious when it comes to gifts to foreign dignitaries. This has nothing to do with the current unfavourable economic situation. I wonder whether or not it would have been troublesome to commission a sword for Sheikh Hamad, which would have looked much better than singed photos.

HM has always been quit consistent in the gifts she givces visiting heads of state, and as you quite rightly say, this has little to do with the economic environment.

What use might be sword be?

You're absolutely right here.;) But that's another topic, I think we need a whole new thread to discuss about that. I just got excited by that thought (that we may soon admire a new set of jewels on HM), because I like beautiful clothes and jewellery.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom