The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Here is a little glimpse of Camilla, can't really tell though.
Hum it's me or the DOC is not wearing the Honeycomb for once? Now that's interesting! Looks like the Cubit tiara but it's not clear. Hope for more!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/106...76666157880E25

Princess Anne is wearing the Greek Key tiara, and it looks like Camilla is wearing the Honeycomb. Sigh.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Sheikha is beautiful. I always wonder what their personalities are like. I know she has fabulous jewels, but she doesn't need them at all!!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post

Princess Anne is wearing the Greek Key tiara, and it looks like Camilla is wearing the Honeycomb. Sigh.
It looks to wide/tall to be Princess Anne's old standby. Could she be giving the Chinese State Banquet Mystery Tiara another go? LOL
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
WOAH! Sheika isn't jeweled up but looks gorgeous and the Queen is sportin a new look with this necklace. I'm not sure how I feel about the necklace, have we seen it before?

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/106...2D662ED83D76EF

Here is a little glimpse of Camilla, can't really tell though.

IIRC, HM wore this necklace at the Windsor banquet for King Olav on his last state visit to the UK. She wore it again on an African state visit early in the 2000s before attending the CHOGM.

ETA: Close! Actually it was the 1999 State Visit to South Africa:

http://i51.tinypic.com/1zp09k6.jpg
Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The visit to the Royal Military Academy would be a perfect event for the Princes to attend.
Assuming they aren't training (Harry) or on duty (William). When they leave the army then these are the things they can do but not if it means missing training or duty.

The Duke of Kent and Prince Michael also graduated from Sandhurst so maybe it is a perfect occasion for one of them and not interfere with their current duties in the military.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Did Sheikha Mozah receive her DBE before this trip, or is it new?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Nobility

I might be mistaken, but I think the Queen's necklace was from a previous visit either from or to the Qatari royals.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
Her Majesty looked all right. I am slightly disappointed with Sheikha Mozah's dress, which appears to be overly stiff. I wish she wore one of the Stephane Rolland's flowy creations. The strong red colour suited her well and the ensemble was well-tailored.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Courtier

HM wore the six row pearl necklace with matching earrings a gift from the Emir of Qatar on her 1979 visit. source Leslie Field's book page 68. The necklace has diamond plaques holding 2 rows together at uneven intervals. Also worn to West germany in 1986.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Loooks like quiet a big necklace on Camilla. Too bad we can not see which one it is from the pics so far.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Assuming they aren't training (Harry) or on duty (William). When they leave the army then these are the things they can do but not if it means missing training or duty.

The Duke of Kent and Prince Michael also graduated from Sandhurst so maybe it is a perfect occasion for one of them and not interfere with their current duties in the military.
But if they could have a day of leave for this State Occasion, it would look good on them. Rather than a ten day safari.

Queen dwarfed by Emir of Qatar's wife 'Sheika' on UK visit | Mail Online

Quote:
He is a mere eight months shy of his 90th birthday. But when it comes to the art of flirting, there is little doubt Prince Philip can still put a younger man to shame.

The Duke of Edinburgh enjoyed a playful exchange with the statuesque wife of the Emir of Qatar during her state visit to Windsor Castle.

Glancing at a collection of memorabilia from a trip to the Arab state in 1979, the Duke said to his glamorous guest: ‘It’s quite a long time ago. You weren’t born then, were you?’
Old 10-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
WOAH! Sheika isn't jeweled up but looks gorgeous and the Queen is sportin a new look with this necklace.
I wish Sheika Mozah had been more jeweld up as well.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I could not spot Sheikha Mozah at the banquet, did she attened or was she sitting opposite side of the table (which is unlikely though(

spectacular view of the table
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

group picture

Sheikha & the Queen

Camilla

A nice sideview shot of the Duke & Sheikha Mozah
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9388/...30bc8a32b0.jpg
Old 10-27-2010, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

On today's agenda, the Emir & his wife are scheduled to visit a historic site - Westminster Abbey
More info on the visit and a bit of the history
Old 10-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
On today's agenda, the Emir & his wife are scheduled to visit a historic site - Westminster Abbey
More info on the visit and a bit of the history

In the more info link it states that a number of people are buried at that Abbey but they have many listed that are wrong:
Winston Churchill is at Bladon near Blenheim Palace.
William Shakespeare is in Trinity Church at Stratford.
Martin Luthor King I believe is in America somewhere
Jane Austen is in Winchester Cathedral.
Robert Baden-Powell is in Africa - Nyeri to be precise.
William Blake is in an unmarked grave in a cemetery in London.
As Dietrich Bonheoffer was executed by the Nazis I doubt if he is there either.
Benjamin Britten is in the church of St Peter and St Paul at Aldeburgh.
Brunel is in Kensal Green Cemetery in London.
Although Oliver Cromwell was originally buried there after the restoration he was disinterred, executed and his head is in Sidney Sussex College Oxford while they rest of his biody was thrown away.
George Eliot isn't there either due to not being a Christian but is in Highgaate Cemetery. There is a memorial plaque to her there.
Sir Edward Elgar is at St Wulstan's Church Little Malvern.
John Keats is in the Protestant cemetery in Rome.
Oscar Wilde is in Pere Lachaise Cemetery Paris.

What a pity that when there are so many great people who are buried there that they get at 14 of the 26 they list are wrong. There may be plaques in the Abbey to acknowledge these people but the article says
Quote:
As well as the significance the Abbey plays in terms of coronations, it also serves as a burial place for many royals, dignitaries
and other distinguished figures.
That Clement Attlee, Jane Austen, Robert Baden-Powell, William Blake, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Benjamin Britten, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Geoffrey Chaucer, Sir Winston Churchill, Oliver Cromwell, Charles Dickens and George Eliot are all buried there is an indication of the incredible selection of icons that rest at Westminster Abbey.
They are joined by Sir Edward Elgar, William Gladstone, George Frederic Handel, John Keats, Martin Luther King, Rudyard Kipling, David Livingstone, Sir Isaac Newton, Laurence Olivier, William Pitt, William Shakespeare, Robert Stephenson, Lord Alfred Tennyson, Oscar Wilde and numerous other figures who have shaped the history of arts, literature, politics, science, music, exploration and various other areas.
The annoying thing is that some people could read this article and expect to find the above listed people at the Abbey when they aren't there. It raises questions about the reliability of the writer and the paper that printed the article.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I could not spot Sheikha Mozah at the banquet, did she attened or was she sitting opposite side of the table (which is unlikely though)
No, that's the way it's been for some time

The respective consorts' always sit on the opposing side of the table.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 AM
Administrator

I totally agree iluvbertie. If you can't check your facts, its leads to questioning the credibility and facts of the rest of the article.

For the record, Martin Luther King is buried in Altanta, GA at the Martin Luther Kinger Center. The center is maintained bythe US National Park Service.

And no offense to the people that they incorrectly listed, but the people who are actually buried at Westminister Abbey are just as interesting. I was there 10 years ago and I got goose bumps I was so excited, as I had only read about some of these people for years.

I do wish we had better shots of the Camilla and Anne's tiara. Is the Queen wearing Queen Mary's Cambridge Lover's Knot?

Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is the Queen wearing Queen Mary's Cambridge Lover's Knot?
The Queen wore the Grand Duchess Vladimir diamond loop tiara with suspended pearl inserts, Zonk.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-27-2010, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Thanks Madame Royale!

I need to take another look at this tiara...it looks so much like the Cambridge one. But beautiful nonetheless. I would love to see pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, but I know the photo agencies pretty much don't consider their presence that important. Oh well.