Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Birgitte, Duchess of Gloucester, Lady Mayoress Lin Luder, President of
the United Mexican States Felipe Calderon, Lord Mayor of the City of
London Ian Luder, Senora Margarita Zavala and Prince Richard, Duke
of Gloucester pose for a photo before the State Banquet at Guildhall on
March 31, 2009 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
The Duchess looks lovely again, I wonder of the Lady Mayoress own the tiara of if its borrowed or does it "go with the job" and belong to the city of london?

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

It's so boringly predictable that the Gloucesters would go to the Guildhall banquet. I wish they would rotate it more. I would love to see Edward and Sophie attend now and then; Prince and Princess M or Princess Alexandra. It dosn't help that the Gloucesters are my least favourites in the family. I always think that the Duchess adores being Royal and looks a bit too smug when she's at the centre of whats going on. I know that goes against popular opinion but it's what I've always felt about her. I wouldn't mind if she and her husband had a bit of charisma but IMO they don't so I find their constant presence at Guildhall banquets irritating. Lets see some other Royals at them!

P.S. Are those blue and red dresses she wore to the banquets the only ones she has?

Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
The Duchess looks lovely again, I wonder of the Lady Mayoress own the tiara of if its borrowed or does it "go with the job" and belong to the city of london?
Even nowadays, many women own tiaras, either new, secondhand or inherited.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 2.4.2009

Mexican President Felipe Calderon and his wife Margarita Zavala
bid farewell to Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip, the
Duke of Edinburgh after a four day State visit, at Buckingham
Palace on April 2, 2009, in London, United Kingdom.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
It's so boringly predictable that the Gloucesters would go to the Guildhall banquet. I wish they would rotate it more. I would love to see Edward and Sophie attend now and then; Prince and Princess M or Princess Alexandra. It dosn't help that the Gloucesters are my least favourites in the family. I always think that the Duchess adores being Royal and looks a bit too smug when she's at the centre of whats going on. I know that goes against popular opinion but it's what I've always felt about her. I wouldn't mind if she and her husband had a bit of charisma but IMO they don't so I find their constant presence at Guildhall banquets irritating. Lets see some other Royals at them!

P.S. Are those blue and red dresses she wore to the banquets the only ones she has?
Prince and Princess Michael have attended the Guildhall banquet - certainly Marie-Christine is one woman who loves her royal status

The Duchess of Gloucester is fanatastic at these sorts of events - she is always dressed correctly -normally in either the blue dress or red dress as they are classic state visit gowns and rather than waste money she recycles these probably for the past 15-20 years goodness thats way her, Anne, Alexandra and the Queen are the 'perfect' royals in the way they carry out their duty. DoG always has beautiful jewels (she has collection to rival any major royal with at least 6 tiaras), always in the correct orders and decorations for the visit.

I really appreciate the work she and her husband do for the Royal family (she was the first female member of the British family to visit troops in Iraq) and they leave certain more senior members to be shamed for their pityful engagement count

Actually im going to start a campaign for the Duchess to be given the Garter she certainly deserves it

Old 04-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

I know, and I really enjoyed watching the Michaels of Kent at the Guildhall. I hoped that it would be the start of them going reguarly but it seems that they were only asked when the Duke of Gloucester was out of action with a motorcycle injury and when he recovered it was back to him and his wife doing it nearly all the time again. I don't disagree that the Duchess dresses nicely etc but I do find them really boring as a couple and I have a feeling that she would be really snobbish. I think Princess M does like being Royal but it dosn't bother me because she seems to have a bit of personality and glamour to go with it as does Princess Alexandra.

Tags
mexico, queen elizabeth ii, state visit