Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

State Visit from Kuwait: November 27 - 29, 2012

State Visit from Kuwait: November 27 - 29, 2012

Quote:
THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

The Amir of the State of Kuwait, His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, has accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from 27 to 29 November, 2012. His Highness will stay at Windsor Castle.

Background
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh paid a State Visit to Kuwait in 1979 (His Highness Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the late Amir of the State of Kuwait).

The late Amir of the State of Kuwait paid a State Visit to the United Kingdom in 1995.
Source: royal.gov.uk

Old 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

This State Visit is the perfect occasion for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to have their 'coming out'. Catherine can wear as much jewellery as she wants and it wouldn't appear over the top. Add to that the Lovers Knot, and I will be a very happy person!!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl
This State Visit is the perfect occasion for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to have their 'coming out'. Catherine can wear as much jewellery as she wants and it wouldn't appear over the top. Add to that the Lovers Knot, and I will be a very happy person!!
I am do excited ... Tiara alert!!!! :)
Old 09-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I'll be amazed if they turn up to anything more than a welcome greeting.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I suppose they'll have to start attending these sorts of things sooner rather then later. This might be a good chance for them to take part for the first time, although I would err on the side of them not doing so.

Interesting that this visit will be taking place at Windsor Castle.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I love State Visits. Political aspect of the visit, for me it means one thing: it's jewellery time!
Hope to see Queen, Camilla and Kate, each wearing a breathtaking tiara. What a sight that would be!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

My hope is that HM may 'suggest' that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend haha. I'm sure the Queen wants to see first hand how the couple will handle the formality of a State Visit.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We have the Indonesian State Visit prior to this one, they're staying at BP. I imagine William will be at work and Catherine will be in Wales. If they do come, no Lover's Knot please I beg anybody, no Lover's Knot.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

here's hoping we will see kate in full gala for the first time!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

The only reason I want to see the Lovers Knot, is because Catherine is the only woman who can wear it ( IMO ) and once she does, and the sky doesn't fall, the link to Diana will be broken .
Old 09-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
The only reason I want to see the Lovers Knot, is because Catherine is the only woman who can wear it ( IMO ) and once she does, and the sky doesn't fall, the link to Diana will be broken .
For me, I don't like the tiara personally. But i'd rather have it give/worn by Henry's wife. Catherine has enough of Diana's jewels.

I would LOVE to see Camilla in the Dehli Durbar again, I would faint. I'm intrigued that in the Jubilee year we're getting visits from Indonesia and Kuwait.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Well, the Lovers Knot Tiara wasn't actually Diana's tiara but it was borrowed from the Queen. Although I do think it's a shame such a beautiful piece of jewelry haven't seen since the 90's.

I'm looking forward too seeing the pictures and some video of these State Visits.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah of Kuwait has just arrived in the UK, commencing his three-day state visit to the UK today during which he is due to meet Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace. His Highness will be staying at the Windsor Castle as a guest of Her Majesty.

- The Amir
- The Amir's arrival
- Gallery from Zimbio and Getty
Old 11-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are the first pics of day 1, November 27 - Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales attended the welcome ceremony:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Amir Of Kuwait On His State Visit To The UK **
Old 11-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are the first pics of day 1, November 27 - Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales attended the welcome ceremony:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Amir Of Kuwait On His State Visit To The UK **
Lovely pictures.

Has it been confirmed that Camilla did not attend, or is that she was just not visible in the Zimbio pictures?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

The Queen looks superb!!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a GREAT photo of The Duke of Edinburgh, The Emir and a bear! The diversity of headwear alone should make your day.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/157...zz6y8Vgg%3d%3d
Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The DOE and Prince Charles look wonderful as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Philip is such a great guy. May I ask why they are in top hat's? I don't seem to recall the same procedure when there are state visits to Buckingham Palace.

I am guessing there will be the usual banquet, but do we seen photos of Windsor Castle banquet's?

I spotted the Duke of York in the background of an image as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Gentry

The Queen looks incredible in that coat/hat! It's one of my favorite looks from her in quite a while! And the men don't look too bad themselves. I do love when they wear their top hats. :)