State Visit from the Emir of Kuwait: November 27-29, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or perhaps we might see some jewels of Kuwaiti origin not seen publicly so far. If I am not mistaken, C&C visited Kuwait in 2006 or 2007.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Kuwait in February of 2007. It's a possibility; we've seen a lot of the Saudi jewels and few (if any) of the Kuwaiti ones. Still, Arab royalties seem to go for gifts of demi-parures, which don't inlcude tiaras so Camilla will most probably wear her Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara.

I actually never heard about Camilla borrowing the Teck Crescent Tiara. The Queen Mother only wore the tiara a few times but stuck to the others she's was more known to wear. Camilla usually wear The Boucheron and Delhi Durbar tiaras.

My guess for Tonight for Camilla is indeed the Honeycomb, paired with a recycled dress (i bet the blue velvet one last worn for the James Bond premiere).:whistling:

I actually never heard about Camilla borrowing the Teck Crescent Tiara. The Queen Mother only wore the tiara a few times but stuck to the others she's was more known to wear. Camilla usually wear The Boucheron and Delhi Durbar tiaras.
Most of us had never heard of it until "The Queen's Diamonds" by Hugh Roberts made the claim. Since it's a fairly official and well-researched book, I believe it.
I do love the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara but some variety would be nice so if Camilla wears the Teck Crescent or even the Delhi Durbar, it will be awesome.

I think the Teck Crescent Tiara would look great on both Camilla & Catherine. I guess that will be for them to borrow. I must admit Camilla look better in the large tiara's. She's got the hair for it. I just wonder how comfortable they are for her? The Queen Mother wore them in such a elegant way.

Last edited:
Now THIS is one loooooooong table (and absolutely magnificent room)! :ohmy:

Now that better pictures are available, the Duchess is definitely wearing the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara; I was a bit confused because in some pictures the tiara looked spikey, almost like the Queen's GoGB tiara.

Prince Andrew is there as well; you can see him in this picture.

Last edited:
Yeah, Camilla is wearing The Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara. She seems to stick with this tiara and The Delhi Durbar Tiara.

Now that better pictures are available, the Duchess is definitely wearing the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara; I was a bit confused because in some pictures the tiara looked spikey, almost like the Queen's GoGB tiara.

Prince Andrew is there as well; you can see him in this picture.

But where is Prince PHilip? I know that he was pictured prior to the banquet but I cant see him at the table or in this picture. Anyone else spot him here?

But where is Prince PHilip? I know that he was pictured prior to the banquet but I cant see him at the table or in this picture. Anyone else spot him here?
I don't think he actually stayed for the dinner. The Duke posed for official pictures alongside the Amir and the Queen, and then probably retired. Prince Charles appears to be seated where, if present, Prince Philip would have normally sat. This picture offers a pretty good view of the table (both sides) and I'm pretty sure the Duke of Edinburgh isn't there.

Last edited:
thats what I thought. So he is taking it easier then. Good.

:previous:

Sophie is indeed there (is she wearing her wedding tiara?) but I still can't find any traces of the Duke of Edinburgh on either side of the table.

A lot of people there. Anyone know which members of the BRF normally attend state dinners?

I think Prince Philip is sitting on the other side of the table at this Banquet. At Buckingham Palace he usually sit two seats from The Queen.

A lot of people there. Anyone know which members of the BRF normally attend state dinners?
There isn't really a template; whoever the Queen invites and/or is available can attend. It also depends on who the state dinner is in honour of; for instance, the Duke of York frequents dinners in honour of Arab and Asian diplomats (he has apparantely extensive connections there due to his former role). Typically, it is most usual to see the Gloucesters and the Wessexes, the Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra, Prince Charles and Camilla, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent... Quite often, several of the Queen's Women of the Bedchamber attend too.

The table pieces are very nice but how on earth do you see the person sitting on the other side from you?

The Queen introduces the Head of State to members of her family before they make their way to the Banquet as well.

The table pieces are very nice but how on earth do you see the person sitting on the other side from you?

In formal banqueting, it isn't necessary as you should not speak across the table.

in the table length picture i think i spotted Princess Anne in the Greek meander tiara

Thanks to all for the links to great pictures.

I think this some new tiara for Sophie :flowers:
This tiara looks more bigger than her wedding tiara :) I'm glad that Queen gives Sophie new tiara to wear, but I hope to see it pictures or some footages with better view :)

All answers you can find here :):
Qatar State Banquet at Windsor Castle
Qatar State Banquet at Windsor Castle - YouTube

36e42823d89d756a80a2925babc75649c12255136719502.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom