The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

State visit from King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia: October 30 - November 2, 2007

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia will pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom and will stay at the Buckingham Palace.
The visit will start on October 30 and will end on November 2.

The thread will be opened closer to the date.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Since the event is tomorrow, I've reopened the thread.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 PM

His Majesty has made a rather big mess of the start of this State Visit, what with his comments on terrorism etc. Lets hope that the rest of the visit will be a sucess.

Look out for new orders and decorations at tomorrows state banquet, especially for The Duchess of Cornwall, any suggestions about what she might get?

Here are a few links to new articles and the FCO page on the State Visit:

Saudi Arabia State Visit*Foreign & Commonwealth Office
BBC NEWS | UK | Saudi king chides UK on terrorism
BBC NEWS | UK | Cable to boycott Saudi king visit
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Saudi visit to seal ties with UK

God Save The Queen!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 29.10.2007

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is greeted by Britain's Prince Charles
at Heathrow airport, London, Monday Oct. 29, 2007.

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *
Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

ANP Pictures
Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4

Isifa gallery
abaca press gallery
Saudi King Says U.K. Didn't Act to Prevent Terrorism - article
Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
Look out for new orders and decorations at tomorrows state banquet, especially for The Duchess of Cornwall, any suggestions about what she might get?
The Royal Family Order at last?!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Nobility

I think Charles is a little scared! Can't wait for tomorrow!Does the king have a wife? Did he bring her too?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Courtier

thanks for the photos. I am scared too. Just finish the movies "the Kingdom" and the "the mighty heart" and did feel the peace problems in the world.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Human rights watch was on the bbc this morning. Their director talked about 7000 lashings for sodomy and a few beheadings in the past year for I know not what. He did not think it would be on the agenda to discuss with the King because the foreign minister had said England and SA share many common values. He also commented that many moslims may resent the western world because it seems to condone the lack of human rights, esp in SA.

Two-faced oil Sheiks who trade in terror | the Daily Mail
.......Foreign Office Minister Kim Howells has spoken of the 'shared values' between our two countries.

What shared values? Was he thinking of Riyadh's 'Chop-Chop Square' where adulterers and thieves lose heads or arms under the kingdom's brutal Sharia law? Was he referring to the scores of Saudi political dissenters executed and tortured every year? .....
Old 10-30-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
The Royal Family Order at last?!
Do you think Saudi Arabia will hand out Orders to members of the British Royal Family and vise versa

God Save The Queen!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
Human rights watch was on the bbc this morning. Their director talked about 7000 lashings for sodomy and a few beheadings in the past year for I know not what. He did not think it would be on the agenda to discuss with the King because the foreign minister had said England and SA share many common values.

Two-faced oil Sheiks who trade in terror | the Daily Mail
.......Foreign Office Minister Kim Howells has spoken of the 'shared values' between our two countries.

What shared values? Was he thinking of Riyadh's 'Chop-Chop Square' where adulterers and thieves lose heads or arms under the kingdom's brutal Sharia law? Was he referring to the scores of Saudi political dissenters executed and tortured every year? .....

brutal Sharia law !!
As a Muslim I really didn't like your comment although I respect your right for expressing your opinion.
by the way I think all the people around the world despite their backgrounds shares the same values so don't be surprise if you share the same values with the King of saudi arabia

Back to the topic

The king made his State Visit to the UK more interesting by his comments but I wonder what his really motivation to start his visit in this way.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

News Galleries

King Abdullah Al Saud of Saudi Arabia (L) is greeted by Britain's Prince Charles, Prince of Wales (R) at Heathrow Airport on October 29, 2007 in west London, England.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Courtier

Saudi King says Britain Failed to Act on 7/7 Warning

Old 10-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Susan Alicia, before we start drooling over bejeweled Royals at a glittering state banquet tonight (It IS a favorite pastime of mine, so I am pleading guilty), I wanted to congratulate you on including a critical comment here which I don't consider OT.
In order to answer your rhetoric question, I have to be both serious and a bit cynical: The main 'shared value' here is traded for money, it's a three letter word and spells O-I-L. Besides, there's another 'value' strictly for the Royal Family, it comes in for free regularly, is measured in carats and has been put around the necks of all major female Royals for decades.
Everything's relative and of course there are countries where even worse things are going on than in Saudi Arabia, but the Western World has indeed terrible politic double standards depending on which Islamic country keeps the oil flowing in our direction and which one doesn't.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Do you think Saudi Arabia will hand out Orders to members of the British Royal Family and vise versa
No................. if Camilla has the RFO there won't be announcement or ceremony (there never is with RFO). One just starts wearing it. You only know one receives it by seeing it worn by one at a State event like this.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
No................. if Camilla has the RFO there won't be announcement or ceremony (there never is with RFO). One just starts wearing it. You only know one receives it by seeing it worn by one at a State event like this.
I know, I don't just mean the RFO, what about State Orders etc. Will His Majesty recieve anything from The Queen.

God Save The Queen!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I know, I don't just mean the RFO, what about State Orders etc. Will His Majesty recieve anything from The Queen.
Probably.... if not an order, certainly a very exquisite gift exchange. We shall see!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

If he does he won't ear it (not that we can see anyway )

I hope to see the kokoshnik tonight, accompanied by Queen Victoria's diamond collier (neither shall probably make an appearance.lol.). I just think when you're hosting the King of Saudi Arabia that one should ware one's best (or is that most impressive?) diamonds!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 30.10.2007

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, The Prince
of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh at Horse Guards Parade, London,
during the ceremonial welcome for King Abdullah, 30 October 2007

**Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

A protestor dressed as Queen Elizabeth II is watched by the police at
the Mall, London, during the state visit of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia.
A small group of protestors chanted slogans and waved banners highlighting
the countries human rights record and the financial scandal over the his
countries contract with British company BAE:

Pic

Tags
elizabeth ii, king abdullah, queen elizabeth ii, saudi arabia, state visit