Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2006, 10:37 AM

Oh I see! That makes sense.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Maybe something like this, perhaps? And even if it does mean a trim, I think it would be worth it!
And...without a doubt, a tiara would look much better! But, the Duchess cannot have this exquisite Austrian jewel...purely on loan."MII"
Shades of Diana with that do IMHO......... and while I'm at it, I know the Queen Mum never liked Camilla and I'm sure she's turning over in her grave right now cause Camilla's got her favourite jewels.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Shades of Diana with that do IMHO......... and while I'm at it, I know the Queen Mum never liked Camilla and I'm sure she's turning over in her grave right now cause Camilla's got her favourite jewels.

Unless you happen to be an aquaintance of the Queen Mother, you know nothing of the sort. It seems to be fairly common knowledge that Charles had a great deal of respect for his grandmother, however, and it would seem rather unlikely that he'd so overtly go against her express wishes.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen hosts lavish royal welcome for 'lula'
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ueenelizabeth/
Old 03-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It's great indeed to see the Duchess of Cornwall in a new tiara, she looked great as ever even if this tiara (in my opinion) isn't the most suiting for her. I hope the Queen will continue to give her access to the royal jewels!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisele
i can't for the life of me remember at the moment which books its in but i have seen a least 2 pics of the late queen with camilla and andrew parker-bowles at a house party and together at the races, Andrew was a friend of HM and godson ( ???) so i can't imagine she is turning in her grave as camilla is doing an excellent job and is a real asset the the british royal family. when i return to south wales i will try to look for them as i have hundreds of books and photo albums. They are all smiling and in the pics the camera dosen't lie!!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:58 PM

Interesting that a post like this comes along. Today I was thinking about Camilla's last year. And it's staggering.

When they announced they were going to be married, the Diana loons went into a frenzy trying to find every shred of legal evidence that implied they couldn't get married. They wrote to the Archbishop of Canterbury, they made posters, they even claimed Camilla was a Catholic. The more sane people said, "Good on them" and people with understanding of the human condition and fans of Charles said, "Yes! At last".

Then they married and the reports stopped being of "Ugly Camilla" and were "Stunning Camilla", saying how beautiful she was. The wedding was over and on her very first private engagement, a little girl kissed her and gave her a note which said, "We think you'll be a lovely Queen".

And from that moment, it's got better and better. She came out with her first tiara and wowed people. Her trip to America was a triumph. She is being likened to the Queen Mother and people now expect to see her at events - so much so that she no longer is the centre of attention at a State Banquet - it's just natural that she should be there.

People are desperate to have her as a Patron or to see her at official functions. She's been seen kissing the Queen in public on two seperate occassions, she's enjoying the jewellery vaults and the press are bowled over - The Sun called for people to throw things at her back in the day - and yesterday they printed, "Caring Camilla" as a headline. The Mirror, equally nasty in years gone by, today printed, "Dazzling Camilla".

So it doesn't matter whether the Queen Mother liked her or didn't. It doesn't matter if Diana fans like her or not. What matters is that her people like her - and they do. She's come so far in a short space of time. The future is definately bright and clinging to excuses about "So and So didn't like her" just make you sound desperate. It seems that you're spluttering and falling over yourself to get the first dig in and at one time, that was fashionable and accepted. But not any more. So let's have a bit more respect for my future Queen eh?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

And while we're at it, let's also have a bit of respect for this thread since we've drifted rather a long way from the topic.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Prince Edward really looks tired in those pics, maybe his angry or upset. Either way he diffinitely looks under the weather.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didnt like the red suite she wore that much. The top part was nice but then you look down and it made her look a bit frumpy and big. Hopefully Camilla will dust off all those old jewels and bring them back. I would love that. Also, APB was a favourite of the Queen Mums. She really loved him just like she really loved Charles. She would have done anything to make her grandson happy and I think she would be happy for him. Will the President and First Lady be visiting Clarence House?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

This picture of the Duke of Edinburgh at the State Banquet posted on theRoyalist, and we can see quite much of the Duchess's dress in the back:
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

State banquet in the Guildhall in honour of the Brazilian President's, 8 of March.

from polfoto and aap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP665241_guest.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	231628  
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Gentry

The Empress has arrived...
Old 03-08-2006, 07:14 PM

Princess Michael is looking extremely regal but what is the stripey skirt all about?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

You can always expect the Prince and Princess of Kent to have the royal touch and always look regal. Question, why are they always the royals at the Guildhall? Do they have a special connection?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Gentry

It does seem to be their turn at the moment, for years it was the ogilvys, then kents and gloucesters and now the michaels. MC has had that dress since the eighties and brings it out for an airing every now and again
Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
Prince Edward really looks tired in those pics, maybe his angry or upset. Either way he diffinitely looks under the weather.
Where's a picture of Edward?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Is there a dinner tonight? (march 8th) And if so, is it one with full royal regalia? (ie tiara?)
Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

I always love to see princess Michael. She really looks so regal and lovely all the time. A great royal lady! :)
Old 03-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisele
Shades of Diana with that do IMHO.........
Really? ya think...

I didn't even notice it...I just think that this hairstyle suits Camilla so much better than her current one.

"MII"

Tags
brazil, elizabeth ii, president lula da silva, queen elizabeth ii, state visit