State Visit from the President of Turkey: November 22-24, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
The President and First Lady of Turkey will pay a state visit to the UK in November.

At the invitation of The Queen, the President of the Republic of Turkey, His Excellency Abdullah Gül, and Mrs Hayrünnisa Gül, will pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from Tuesday 22nd November to Thursday 24th November 2011.

The President and Mrs Gül will stay at Buckingham Palace.
Just announced by Buckingham Palace:
Announcement of State Visit from the President of the Republic of Turkey, 22 July 2011

Official visit to Britain: Turkish President Abdullah Gul - November 22-24

New photos
http://fotogaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/galeridetay.aspx?cid=51970&rid=2&p=6

London getting ready to host President Gul

Turkish President Abdullah Gul and his wife Hayrunnisa Gul will pay an official visit to Britain. 22 Nov. 24 visit dates.
Hayrunnisa Gul, for Queen Elizabeth and the Duchess of Camridge gift bags will be prepared.

http://img.haberler.com/haber/747/cumhurbaskani-gul-kralice-elizabeth-onuruna-aksam_o.jpg

http://i.milliyet.com.tr/HaberAnaResmi/2008/05/14/fft17_mf42783.Jpeg

http://www.sondakikahaberleri.info....nin-davetlisi-olarak-ingiltere-ye-gidecek.jpg

http://www.delinetciler.net/forum/a...ani-esleri-hayrunnisa-gul-hayrunnisa-gul-.jpg

Last edited:
Any sightings of Camilla? Was she in the royal blue and emerald green?

:previous:

No it was a lady in waiting i presume. Charles was clearly alone during the ceremonial welcome :

Anadolu Ajans

Camilla was fine last night as she attended an event for the NOS. Wonder why she's not with us today... Wait and see for the banquet tonight.

Richard Palmer stated on his twitter page that Camilla pulled out with a heavy cold and that an aide indicated that she was losing her voice.

Last edited:
The Queen looks stunning today, her hat was wonderful.

Look, here we have it again: the black handbag and shoes. I like and admire it, but could not myself restrict to only one colour.

State banquet tonight :

650x500.jpg

From this nice gallery from Sky news :

Turkey State Visit To Great Britain - Sky News Galleries

No Garter for HM? I don't think I've ever seen State Banquet photos of HM hosting one w/out her wearing it.

Love what the First Lady of Turkey's wearing and HRH looks very dapper there.

She wore white! What a surprise! :p

I'd love for her to be remembered as The Queen who always wore white! It's much cheerier than Victoria, for instance, who wore black for the rest of her days after Albert's passing.

I'd love for her to be remembered as The Queen who always wore white! It's much cheerier than Victoria, for instance, who wore black for the rest of her days after Albert's passing.
You've got a point. But wouldn't some colour be even more cheery? I guess that without an order sash, she looks even whiter than usual.
Please note, I don't mean to be hash in my criticism. HM looks as usual: very regal, appropriate, sofisticated. :flowers:

Props to The Princess Royal for bringing out the Festoon Tiara! It does indeed look rather festive :)

Anne looks lovely and HM looks great, as usual. I can see Prince and Princess Michael and the Duke of Gloucester in the back of the formal poses. Was anyone else there? I imagine Sophie wasn't there as she's got engagements in Canada tomorow so was no doubt flying this evening, and we know Camilla was ill.

I am not surprised the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge weren't there as grandchild aren't even invited, are they?

Anne looks lovely and HM looks great, as usual. I can see Prince and Princess Michael and the Duke of Gloucester in the back of the formal poses. Was anyone else there? I imagine Sophie wasn't there as she's got engagements in Canada tomorow so was no doubt flying this evening, and we know Camilla was ill.

I am not surprised the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge weren't there as grandchild aren't even invited, are they?

No, they aren't usually invited, unless it's a special circumstance (they know the guests of honors, etc). They don't like to steal the show (well, they wouldn't try, but the press would probably focus more on them rather than the guests of honor, unfortunately to say).

As none of the grandchildren are full time royals there is no need for them to be at a formal state event. This can possibly change during the reign of Charles but at this point, is doubtful. So most likely you will not see the Wessexes and definitely not the Phillips. The Yorks are a low maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom