State Visit from the President of the United States: June 3-5, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by a moderator:
If there were ever a more political visit...

I love state banquets; the clothes and jewels are outstanding.

Wonder who will attend?

If Kate does, I really hope she'll delve into the vaults again and wear a historic piece. Meghan will most likely still be on maternity leave.

Others- probably Anne, Sophie, maybe Princess Michael since she usually tends to turn up at state banquets. Anyone else?

Wonder who will attend?

If Kate does, I really hope she'll delve into the vaults again and wear a historic piece. Meghan will most likely still be on maternity leave.

Others- probably Anne, Sophie, maybe Princess Michael since she usually tends to turn up at state banquets. Anyone else?

I expect all available family members to attend given the importance of the visit ( especially post-Brexit).

Wonder who will attend?

I wish I could witness a one-on-one between Trump and Princess Anne.?

Gosh.. in London too...

The climate change/lefty protest types will be out in force...they will see it an an honour to an [essentially] unworthy individual, whilst the rest of us will regard it as an honour duly paid to our greatest ally, who have chosen to elect him as their leader..
The 'extinction rebellion' protesters in Parliament Square may as well camp out there until President Trump arrives in June. It’s the same people anyway.

Last edited:

I suspect she will be wearing the usual QM Lovers Knot tiara. I hope she wears the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace with the tiara.

Gosh.. in London too...

The 'extinction rebellion' protesters in Parliament Square may as well camp out there until President Trump arrives in June. It’s the same people anyway.

Although I believe the Eco-Warriors mean well, I can't help doubting that they'd make any meaningful changes that will impact their lifestyles.

Are they truly willing to give up flying? Or air-conditioning, or any one of a thousand other things that affect the environment?

Anyway, a state banquet is a state banquet, and I can't wait- they are such dazzling events.
(I really hope Kate will borrow a historic jewel that hasn't been seen in years.) ;)

Now that Eugenie is married, perhaps she will attend?

If they don't become regular attendees, I think this is the most likely state visit for Beatrice and Eugenie to take part in. They lived in the US for a couple of years each and no one can forget the shout-out President Trump's gave Eugenie on her wedding day.

If they don't become regular attendees, I think this is the most likely state visit for Beatrice and Eugenie to take part in. They lived in the US for a couple of years each and no one can forget the shout-out President Trump's gave Eugenie on her wedding day.

I am not sure they will be that relevant to the state banquet.

Oh, I am looking forward to this State Visit. Come the State Banquet I expect a full turnout of as many Royals as are able and a bling to the nth degree. We even have tiaras for both York Princesses. And yes Beatrice can wear one as a Princess is of the blood, just as the single Elizabeth, Margaret and Anne did.

I doubt the Duchess of Sussex will attend, given her [noted] public antipathy to the guest of honour..

{She has 'pregnancy leave', as a ready made reason for her absence}.

Last edited:
I doubt the Duchess of Sussex will attend, given her [noted] public antipathy to the guest of honour..

{She has 'pregnancy leave', as a ready made reason for her absence}.

Regardless of maternity leave, if she was asked to attend she would. Personal feelings are left at the dole when it comes to state visits.

Meghan likely won't attend. Unlikely due to her personal feelings towards the person, rather she would've had the baby just about a month or so before this. As many have noted members of the royal family carries out their duty regardless of personal feelings towards the individual, I'm not sure why people would think the Duchess of Sussex isn't capable of sitting through an official function with someone she disagrees with.

On another note, I didn't know UK had a Her Royal Majesty. Whoever is in charge of protocol at the WH should be fired.

:previous: I am speechless now that I've read that announcement. :eek: "Her Royal Majesty?"

Why are you folks shocked?:lol:

You Brits better give him the welcome he feels is his due.

Or there will be real hell to pay....on Twitter.:cool:

Last edited:
:previous: Of course not....tongue was very FIRMLY in cheek there....;)

Meghan likely won't attend. Unlikely due to her personal feelings towards the person, rather she would've had the baby just about a month or so before this. As many have noted members of the royal family carries out their duty regardless of personal feelings towards the individual, I'm not sure why people would think the Duchess of Sussex isn't capable of sitting through an official function with someone she disagrees with.

On another note, I didn't know UK had a Her Royal Majesty. Whoever is in charge of protocol at the WH should be fired.

I guess that Kennedy scene in The Crown was based on a true story after all.

:previous: If it was, it wasn't a gaffe JFK or Jackie would ever have made.He was the son of the former Ambassador to the Court of St. James and surely knew how to address a British monarch.

She was a First Lady whose sophistication and elegance are emulated up to the present day.

My guess is that producers of The Crown decided to have some fun with the stereotype of the gauche, clueless Yankee.

Our current president is a perfect example.

Last edited:
I guess that Kennedy scene in The Crown was based on a true story after all.

Maybe that's what the person in charge of protocol at the current WH used as a reference?

I mean...he does have "the best people" working at the WH so you might be on to something.

Genius!!:lol:;)

Last edited:
Yes, he/she was watching that episode and typing at the same time.
I hope Meghan can attend. Love the bling of a State Banquet. Harry will probably be there anyway.

I remember vividly seeing someone from the Daily Fail write an article where it stated "Her Royal Highness, The Queen". Perhaps the WH asked the Fail for proper forms of address? :D

Although sometimes it seems that President Trump is like a bull in a china shop, I expect this state visit to go off with all the pomp and circumstance and everyone being on their best behavior. We have to remember that is is not a state visit by President Trump to Queen Elizabeth II but in reality its a state visit by the United States of America to the United Kingdom.

If there's any area where two people would be far apart on an issue, it would be Donald Trump and The Prince of Wales. Being a staunch supporter of the environment and sustaining resources, it would be Charles but even he isn't over the top as to suggest that we eliminate planes, trains, cows and steel and cement structures. There's a middle ground.

Looking forward to this state visit. It will definitely be interesting. ?

I hear they will announce later next month which Royals will be attending.

I do expect all the senior Royals to be there unless there is a legitimate engagement conflict.

Regardless of their personal feelings about the president ...if they can meet with mass murders, Royalty from countries that barely recognize women as human beings, execute (barbarically) gay men/women, and countries with human rights violations a mile long...they can get thru a dinner with Trump.

I can't wait to see the tiaras and gowns!

LaRae

I hear they will announce later next month which Royals will be attending.

I do expect all the senior Royals to be there unless there is a legitimate engagement conflict.

Regardless of their personal feelings about the president ...if they can meet with mass murders, Royalty from countries that barely recognize women as human beings, execute (barbarically) gay men/women, and countries with human rights violations a mile long...they can get thru a dinner with Trump.

I can't wait to see the tiaras and gowns!

LaRae

I read that Charles and Camilla have confirmed their attendance.

And I am wondering if Melania Trump will wear a tiara? I don't even know if she owns one, but I suppose if not she can borrow.

Are tiaras mandatory at state banquets, or just optional?

And I am wondering if Melania Trump will wear a tiara? I don't even know if she owns one, but I suppose if not she can borrow.

I don't think Melania will wear a tiara...it's not the custom in the U.S. except at weddings and debutante type events (and those are more rare now days).

I have never heard they are mandatory however the BRF ladies usually wear them...but not always. Beatrice and Eugenie attended a state dinner a year or two ago and neither wore one.

I haven't seen anything so far about C&C confirming ...but yes I would expect all of them to be there unless there's such a conflict of schedules they can't make it.

LaRae

I have no doubt senior members of the BRF will be present: The Queen, C&C, W&C, Harry, Anne, Andrew, Edward and then the Queen's cousins.

Tiara's are not mandatory, but worn by those that have them. The First Ladies of most republics usually do not wear tiaras.

Back
Top Bottom