State Visit from the President of the United States: May 24-26, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Countess of Wessex wears her wedding tiara and Princess Anne the grek meander tiara.

Kevin Costner was sitting next to The Countess of Wessex :flowers:

The DOC had the great idea to wear her most flattering evening dress so far (first seen in Spain some weeks ago). The Honeycomb is definitively her signature tiara...
Seen Anne with the Greek Key and Sophie with her wedding tiara...

On a side note it's me or there was a little "faux pas" from the President with his toast during the "God save the Queen"?

Last edited:
On a side note it's me or there was a little "faux pas" from the President with his toast during the "God save the Queen"?

I think the faux pas might have been on the band's end. They started playing the national anthem before the toast was over.

.but honestly, I have no idea why they will not be at tonight's event.

I think it's because the Obamas wanted to meet William and Catherine and they got it (including pics) but the BRF does not want W&C upstage the rest of them, so no dinner for them.

Ahh bummer, I can't believe I missed all this. I had the live feed on in the background but had it muted to do some work...now i've missed all the actions. I wanted to see Sophie...

The DOC had the great idea to wear her most flattering evening dress so far (first seen in Spain some weeks ago). The Honeycomb tiara is definitively her signature tiara...
Seen Anne with the Greek Key and Sophie with her wedding tiara...

yup it was a "faux pas" ,I also noticed :ROFLMAO:
And the moment when the Queen told to him "It's the Anthem" :lol::lol:

Both Queen Elizabeth and Michelle look lovely this evening.

Have someone find more photos of all royal present, so we can have a close view of the elegant outfits :)
please more photos :D

I'm not a fan of Kate's style, but I must say she looks beautiful. The color of the dress compliments her tan. The First Lady looks beautiful.

When the Queen saw the Obamas she extended her hand toward them. Isn't it against protocol to shake her hand?

HOLY MAN, the First Lady looks gorgeous tonight in that ivory gown!!:ROFLMAO:

Michelle is one of those women who can come alive in evening wear, even if they don't always look so impressive in daywear, imo.

Maxima of the Netherlands and Letizia of Spain are two other examples.

Photos! I wanna see photos! :ROFLMAO:

Is Catherine present and wearing a tiara? :whistling:

Catherine and William - like the rest of young royals aren't attending banquets. The guest list posted on page 3 shows which royals will be there.

When the Queen saw the Obamas she extended her hand toward them. Isn't it against protocol to shake her hand?

If The Queen extends her hand - you shake it. ;)

Have someone find more photos of all royal present, so we can have a close view of the elegant outfits :)
please more photos

Mmmm Generaly we don't have many pics of the guests / royal family during a state banquet at Buck house. Maybe we could find some arrival pictures but they're usualy quite scarce.
For the first time we had a live coverage from the BBC an it was quite exceptional!

I wonder who designed Mrs Obama's gown...I really love it!:whistling:

ANP Beeldbank
photos of day 1-exhibition at the Portrait Gallery inside Buckingham Palace in London

CrownPrincess5 said:
I'm not a fan of Kate's style, but I must say she looks beautiful. The color of the dress compliments her tan. The First Lady looks beautiful.

I thought she had to wear gloves or is that a rumour? She didn't today and it would've been awkward to reject her handshake!

Mmmm Generaly we don't have many pics of the guests / royal family during a state banquet at Buck house. Maybe we could find some arrival pictures but they're usualy quite scarce.
For the first time we had a live coverage from the BBC an it was quite exceptional!

I watched BBC live broadcast, but I have small view of the dress :)

Nevermind beautiful, Michelle looks gorgeous in that white dress!

I wonder who designed Mrs Obama's gown...I really love it!:whistling:

According to the BBC, it is US designer Tom Ford.

2148:
Michelle Obama's dress tonight is coming in for a lot of praise - an elegant ivory gown by the US designer Tom Ford which shows off her figure.

Oh, Tom Ford...that's good. Thanks Molly!

I remember when she wore the wine colored Alexander McQueen last year she really took a beating from the press...because they said she should promote American designers.

But tonight would have been a good night to wear the McQueen gown!

No matter...I am loving that gown!

I thought she had to wear gloves or is that a rumour? She didn't today and it would've been awkward to reject her handshake!

The Queen wears gloves outdoors but not normally for an indoor event. No-one would reject a handshake offered by the Queen.

Everyone looks beautiful! Who is the woman on Kevin Spacey's left? It looks like she's wearing a small tiara-like headdress...I thought that was verboten?

Michelle Obama looks stunning. But I am not a fan of that gigantic tiara that Camilla wears so often. It's just too big.

The Queen and Mrs. Obama were very elegant at the banquet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom