State Visit from the President of India: October 27-29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
President arrives in Britain

President Pratibha Patil arrived in Britain yesterday for a state visit during which she will join Queen Elizabeth II to launch the baton relay for the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi.

Look forward to seeing the tiara's this evening.

Its very nice to see these two distinguished senior statesmen meet for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cool photograph! I love that they hold state visits at Windsor now -- such a historical and wonderful castle.

:previous:

I so agree! Marvellous picture. HM looks great today, looking forward to see more. :flowers:

I think the fashion winner this morning has to be the Duchess of Cornwall. She looks AMAZING in that purple outfit. Can't wait for the tiaras tonight.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II (R) and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh (L) show India's President Pratibha Patil (2nd L) and her husband Dr Devisingh Ramsingh Shekhawat (2nd R), Indian items from the Royal collection in Windsor Castle, southern England, on October 27, 2009. Indian President Pratibha Patil received a red-carpet welcome from Queen Elizabeth II on Tuesday at the start of a three-day state visit to former colonial power Britain. Patil, the first Indian woman to be elected to the ceremonial role, was taken in a state carriage procession to the Queen's Windsor Castle, where she will stay during the trip and where she was treated to a Guard of Honour. AFP PHOTO/Leon Neal/WPA POOL

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Britain's Prince Charles (L) and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, are pictured in Windsor, on October 27, 2009, ahead of a State Visit to Britain by India's President Pratibha Patil. Indian President Pratibha Patil received a red-carpet welcome from Queen Elizabeth II on Tuesday at the start of a three-day state visit to former colonial power Britain. Patil, the first Indian woman to be elected to the ceremonial role, was taken in a state carriage procession to the Queen's Windsor Castle, where she will stay during the trip and where she was treated to a Guard of Honour. AFP PHOTO/LEON NEAL/WPA POOL

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

I think the fashion winner this morning has to be the Duchess of Cornwall. She looks AMAZING in that purple outfit. Can't wait for the tiaras tonight.

Absolutely agreed, Sam -- I've just blogged about it over at Mad Hattery, and I am so in love with this color on her! She should ditch the pastels and stick with the jewel tones.

Agree Camilla is looking great. What is also interesting is that this suit is not new - it was used last year, I think in Japan, but it is looking wonderful today.

The Duchess of Cornwall looks fantastic! This is absolutely a great color on her. She should wear it more.

Muriel..did she wear the hat as well?

The Duchess of Cornwall looks fantastic! This is absolutely a great color on her. She should wear it more.

Muriel..did she wear the hat as well?

Speaking from memory, no she did not wear the hat. I think the lighting in Japan was quite different and Camilla did not look as good as she does today.

British pomp and pageantry was on full display as the Queen welcomed the Indian president to Britain.
The two heads of state met for the first time in the historic town of Windsor as hundreds of well-wishers looked on.
Pratibha Patil - India's first female president - was greeted by the Monarch and Duke of Edinburgh on a royal dais in the centre of the Berkshire town as a thunderous royal salute was fired nearby by the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery.

The Press Association: Warm welcome for Indian president

India's President Pratibha Patil was given a full ceremonial welcome by Queen Elizabeth II at the start of her three-day state visit to Britain Tuesday. British pomp and pageantry was on display as the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh greeted India's first female president and her husband, Devisingh Ransingh Shekhawat, in the town of Windsor, near London

India's First Lady given ceremonial welcome by Britain's Queen : India World

The Queen looks stunning today in her coat and matching hat! She seems to look younger as the years pass....

I've never seen the DoC in purple, she looks stunning! QEII looked great, too!
Thank you for the amazing pic of the Windsor castle, precious! I'm looking forward to more pictures.

Very nice indeed! I hardly recognized Pr. Philip as you so rarely see him smile so big. Thank you for the pictures, Nico.

I cant wait till the State Dinner photos start coming in. The DoC really does look splendid in purple. Purple suits her far more than the pale blues and pinks she wears often. I'm so glad it is at Windsor Castle, its the stereotypical royal castle. Thanks for the photos guys! :) And how great is it to see the Queen and DoE just beam like that. I love them smiling!

My favourite tiara on HM tonight. She looks radiant. Any idea what tiara the Duchess of Cornwall is wearing?

Whoever guessed Burmese Ruby for HM got it right!

Tonight HM is wearing her (modern) ruby tiara with the modern ruby necklace looks very nice too.

Image Results

Her Majesty looks wonderful. I love the fact that her dress wasn't white as usual. This color is much richer looking and the neck-line is very flattering, as well. The modern ruby necklace shows much better with this style.

The Queen has gone all out today - she looks good in gold, so much nicer than the all white which washes her out. I think with the rubies she looks fab - very regal.

QEII is looking her best today! I loved the tiara and the necklace, great choices!
She looks really happy, this is the most important.

What's that hairgrip Anne has on? And will Camilla ever be allowed to wear the durbar again - bored bored bored of the honeycomb now...

I think Camilla looks wonderful. Love the Honeycomb on her and it seems she's more comfortable with it now as a piece of jewellery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom