The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful pictures and video. Thanks to all who posted.
I have a question regarding the photo pins (don't know what they're called) the Queen is wearing, she has one of her father and grandfather. But I thought they were supposed to wear one of the current Monarch. What is the protocol on this?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Still have no idea what Princess Anne is wearing? Her necklace looks like some sort of fringe.
Not that I have any clearer idea of what The Princess Royal is wearing... but here is a decent still that I captured from the video if anyone care to venture a guess. I think it looks to be some sort of pearl band in her hair.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/r...diaBanquet.jpg

Old 11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice cap. Thanks for posting it, Lillibetforever. I think it lends support to my theory she's wearing a tiara around her neck and a necklace in her hair. Why? Perhaps she just likes to be different.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pic, Lillibetforever. It's one of the better photos of the evening, IMHO!
I agree with you, Roslyn. Anne has always danced to her own drummer.... She is no beauty for sure. Too bad she doesn't get help from her mother's stylist. :(
Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Beautiful pictures and video. Thanks to all who posted.
I have a question regarding the photo pins (don't know what they're called) the Queen is wearing, she has one of her father and grandfather. But I thought they were supposed to wear one of the current Monarch. What is the protocol on this?
They are Royal Family Orders, personal mementos granted by the monarch. I can't imagine the monarch granting one to herself.
The Monarchy Today > Queen and public > Honours > Royal Family Orders
Old 11-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that she'd look better with a softer hairstyle. Although, I've often heard it said that she looks much better in person. She just doesn't photograph well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Thanks for the pic, Lillibetforever. It's one of the better photos of the evening, IMHO!
I agree with you, Roslyn. Anne has always danced to her own drummer.... She is no beauty for sure. Too bad she doesn't get help from her mother's stylist. :(
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
They are Royal Family Orders, personal mementos granted by the monarch. I can't imagine the monarch granting one to herself.
The Monarchy Today > Queen and public > Honours > Royal Family Orders
Royal Family Orders - that's right, I forgot what they were called. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga.

Queen Elizabeth II and the President of India Pratibha Devisingh Patil and the other royals (14/11/2009).

http://i35.tinypic.com/244xj6w.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/1z6a3jr.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/21m99nq.jpg

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 11-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you queenofthelight, I do like HM and Camilla's outfits, they are both wearing colours IMO, that become them.