The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree Nico - looks like Q Julianna

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-28-2015, 07:25 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
No, King Edward VIII did not wear a crown. He even preferred to ride from Buckingham Palace to Westminster making use of royal limousines, instead of the traditional carriages.

In 1952 Queen Elizabeth used the traditional carriages. She wore King George IV's State Diadem during the Queen's Speech, so wore no crown indeed.
Fascinating, thanks for the info. So the George IV State Diadem that Queen Elizabeth wears back and forth to parliament for the state opening was worn continuously during her visit to parliament that day in 1952 including during the Queen's Speech. In other years the Diadem was replaced by the Imperial State Crown for the Speech and then she resumed wearing the Diadem. Interesting stuff.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Colonel Geoffrey Godbold, Common Cryer and Sergeant-At-Arms, reads the proclamation of the dissolution of the Parliament GODBOLD UPSOT- by the The Queen, a proclamation for the calling of a new parliament to meet our people and have their advice in Parliament hereby make known.. Call a new parliament, Monday 18th day of May next under our great seal of our realm.. Serve in the same parliament, give attendance This day God save the Queen-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
EARLY MORNING REHEARSAL FOR STATE OPENING OF PARLIAMENT-

The British Army : EARLY MORNING REHEARSAL FOR STATE OPENING OF...

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-23-2015, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

State Opening of Parliament 2015

State Opening of Parliament - UK Parliament
Old 05-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

The State Opening of Parliament 2015: BBC One- Live TV Coverage 10:30am
Huw Edwards presents coverage of the Queen's Speech from Westminster. A unique combination of pageantry and politics opens the first session of the new parliament, as Her Majesty the Queen outlines the government's plans for the coming year-
BBC One - The State Opening of Parliament, 27/05/2015

USA TV:
C-Span-
State Opening of Parliament: Airing LIVE Wednesday, May 27 5:30am EDT on C-SPAN 2-

Queen Elizabeth II delivers a speech at Westminster to mark the formal State Opening of Parliament, during which she outlines the British government’s priorities for the upcoming year-
State Opening Parliament | Video | C-SPAN.org

Outside of UK Viewers:
tvpc.com - BBC 1

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-27-2015, 02:45 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ent-today.html

Why would Kate and Will go wouldn't it be Charles and Camilla ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-27-2015, 04:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Will Prince William and Kate join the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at the State Opening of Parliament today? | Daily Mail Online

Just DM drivel!
Old 05-27-2015, 04:24 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
USA TV:
C-Span-
State Opening of Parliament: Airing LIVE Wednesday, May 27 5:30am EDT on C-SPAN 2-

Queen Elizabeth II delivers a speech at Westminster to mark the formal State Opening of Parliament, during which she outlines the British government’s priorities for the upcoming year-
State Opening Parliament | Video | C-SPAN.org
Thanks much Dman. I wouldn't have had any clue of where to look. Its one of those times when my sleep schedule is all out of whack yet again so I've got it programmed in to watch.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-27-2015, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ent-today.html

Charles and Camilla are there today.

Does anyone know which MP is at Buckingham Palace while The Queen is at Parliament?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, traveled in the Diamond Jubilee State Coach to the Palace of Westminster to open a new session of Parliament. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were also in attendance. They traveled in the Irish State Coach.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - The State Opening Of Parliament - Zimbio

2015 Queen's Speech and State Opening of Parliament, in pictures - Telegraph

Queen's Speech for 'those who work hard and do the right thing' | Daily Mail Online

She looks great.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...2721315759.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...2725270069.jpg
Old 05-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

UK PARLIAMENTS OPEN | Selda Göktaş
Old 05-27-2015, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Especially the Duchess of Cornwall looked spectacular. That for the shallow side. For the most serious side (the Government's plans): no comment (as I am not British).
Old 05-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Royal Highness

I won't comment on the speech and government policy either, but let me just say that I think The Queen looked much less frail this year than last year.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

Old 05-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I won't comment on the speech and government policy either, but let me just say that I think The Queen looked much less frail this year than last year.

She does look well Phillip is looking very frail as you would expect at his age.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Leaside View Post
Just wondering. Does the monarch (or is the monarch allowed to) wear the Imperial State crown for the opening of parliament if they haven't been crowned, i.e. before their coronation?

Did Edward VIII where it (or any crown) when he opened parliament in November 1936? Same question for The Queen in 1952?
No, they don't do that. Edward VIII wore a cocked admirals hat at his (only) opening of Parliament. I think the Queen wore George IV's tiara in 1952.

Gerard
Old 05-27-2015, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

These daily mail photos are wonderful

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ght-thing.html

Question why does the Queen have to wear white ? Would love to see her in a colour to match the crown
And why does Camilla wear white ?

Old 05-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Random questions of the kind only I tend to ask:
I noticed how worn the door to Parliament is where Black Rod strikes it. Is this the original door/piece of wood being struck - and/or have there been repairs over the years? The wear and tear is obvious.
What is a coasting school? I've not heard that term before.
How long does it take to swap out tiaras/crown and add the robe when the Queen arrives at Parliament and who gets to do that? I'd pay to watch, but assume it is off camera?
How does Boris Johnson replicate that same bed head day after day? And why?
And finally, does anyone know who the pages were this year?

What a beautiful day it was!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Random questions of the kind only I tend to ask:
I noticed how worn the door to Parliament is where Black Rod strikes it. Is this the original door/piece of wood being struck - and/or have there been repairs over the years? The wear and tear is obvious.
What is a coasting school? I've not heard that term before.
How long does it take to swap out tiaras/crown and add the robe when the Queen arrives at Parliament and who gets to do that? I'd pay to watch, but assume it is off camera?
How does Boris Johnson replicate that same bed head day after day? And why?
And finally, does anyone know who the pages were this year?

What a beautiful day it was!
The door is a gift from India and Pakistan, made in 1950. There is nothing original in the House of Commons Chamber anymore. It burned down in 1941 and the older chamber burned down in 1832.

Gerard

Tags
ceremony, elizabeth ii, opening of parliament, protocol, queen elizabeth ii