Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Hold down ALT and key 156: £
Thank you Warren £ £ £

Old 04-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

£ £ Thanks Warren it works.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

I found this while looking at another royal website.

Part of the topic deals with what the civil list is and about how much is spent, and what the UK government get for having a civil list for the royals.

Current Perception of the Windsors and the Future of the Monarchy

No wonder the UK government are quite happy to keep the British Royal Family.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Nobility

Queen 264th richest person in the UK

According to the Sunday Times Richlist 2008 - publsihed today, the Queen ranks 264th with a estimated fortune of £320million.
The Rich List points out that in its first edition in 1989 the Queen ranked number 1 with a fortune of £5.2billion, but that included the Royal Collection which is no longer included as the Queen is only "steward" of it on behalf of the nation.
According to the article the Queen's property is worth £120million, her investment portfolio is £100million, and her art collection £2million, also inlcuded is the Royal Stamp Collection, her own jewellery and the Queen Mother's legacy.

Princes William and Harry appear in the Young Person's Rich list at 13th with a joint fortune of £35million. According to the article they inherited £12million from their mother and also inherited money from the Queen Mother. The total is boosted by investments and intrest.

No other memeber of the royal family appears on the list which lists the 1,000 wealthiest people in the UK, to appear in the top 1,000 one must have at least £80million, however from Tuesday a further 1,000 people will be lsited on the Sunday times website, therefore listing the 2,000 richest people in the UK, to appear here one must have at least £40million.

Anyone know how much other royals are worth? Ann, Andrew and Edward? Does Prince Philip have his own wealth?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

Which property does the Queen personally own?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Nobility

Sandringham and Balmoral mainly, she also has other smaller properties she rents out etc but does not live in.

Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace, Kensington Palace, Windsor Castle and Hollyrood Palace are the property of the state.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting she didnt even make the top 10 and William and Henry should be counted seperatly I Think is there a link???
Old 04-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Nobility

If the Royal Collection and the State Properties were included she would almost certainly be in the top ten. When the Royal Collection was includedshe was richer or as rich as the Duke of Westminster who is ranked at number 3 today with a £7billion fortune.

I suppose William and Harry are included together because no-one really knows how the money from diana and the Queen Mother is divided, we can guess but only a very few people know for sure.

I read somewhere that Ann was worth about £20million, Andrew about £14million and Edward £9million, but i can't remember where they were from. Anyone have any ideas about how much they are worth?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Interesting she didnt even make the top 10 and William and Henry should be counted seperatly I Think is there a link???
Uh, no? William and Harry were counted separately on a list of young people. She is worth approximately 10 times what they are. 30-40 times, if you count the Crown Estate as her property.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Nobility

Oh and there isn't a link yet as its only available in the Sunday Times as a pullout supplement, this supplement lists the top 1,000. The next 1,000 after that will be included on the website below from 2pm on Tuesday.

Sunday Times Rich List 2008 | Times Online Business
Old 04-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Nobility

Having thought about it i suppose Anne would be worth more than her two other brothers as she is the only one of them who owns her property out right and her estate is larger than Bagshot or the Royal Lodge.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think Prince Philip's wealth would be very high. He was practically penniless when he moved to the UK, and he's never really been in a role that would allow him to accumulate much money.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Nobility

Yeah i can't see how he'd have accumulated wealth either but even more so i can't imagine him happily going tothe queen and asking for money each week. I mean he has his own affairs he needs to finanace - cars, clothes, his carriage riding when he did it. He must, i think, have some money somewhere even if its only a little.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Nobility

According to this article by the telegraph newspaper Viscount Linely is worth about £20million, his wife comes from a rich family - her father, Viscount Petersham is worth £250million according to the 2008 Sunday Times Rich List.

Viscount Linley defends royal auction - Telegraph
Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
According to this article by the telegraph newspaper Viscount Linely is worth about £20million, his wife comes from a rich family - her father, Viscount Petersham is worth £250million according to the 2008 Sunday Times Rich List.

Viscount Linley defends royal auction - Telegraph
I suppose 20 million pounds isn't enough to educate two children? The death duties on Princess Margaret's estate were only about 3 millions pounds and the auction netted about 14-15 million pounds. I recall reading somewhere that Viscount Linley said that the money after tax payment would be donated to various charities; do we know if this actually occurred?
I will say this--I understand about selling the Poltimore--no one in the family would ever really have the chance to wear it--but a plastic umbrella? Are you kidding me? Talk about using his mother to make buck.
I'm just glad the Teck circle necklace, turquoise parue, and Paprus tiara weren't sold. The riviere broke my heart. I'm sure HRH The Princess Margaret would have been heartbroken--but not surprised given that he sold her home on Mustique shortly after she gave it to him.
I wonder why Linley gets to make the decisons and gets all the breaks? Lady Sarah must have some say in these matters?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Nobility

Royal Family cost 66p per person in the UK every year

Buckingham palace has released the annual royal finances for the last financial year, it shows that each person in the UK pays 66 pence to fund the royal family. The Palace has pointed out that this is less than the cost of an I-Tunes download.

If you want to read the report it can be found here:
Media Centre > Press releases > Royal Public Finances annual report, 27 June 2008

Last year the cost per person was 4p less, so 62 pence and the total cost was £2million higher this year than last year.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 AM

What I find quite interesting about this is that we're now suddenly paying 66p whereas for the past few years it's been a steady 61/62p. Methinks someone's been having a few more gin and dubonnets.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Nobility

4pence for every taxpayer on gin? Would HM (or anyone for that matter) be able to walk after that much gin? lol.

More likely its down to rising costs of everything, such as food, fuel etc.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

On one hand 66p a year is nothing, on the other hand one wonders why they dip in the taxpayers' pockets if they have all those fortunes.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Nobility

^^^ you right everything has gone up so its not really a shock that we pay 4extra pence for our beloved royals

Tags
british royal family, civil list, finances